Business News - The Last 24 HoursGoldman to pay $3.15 bn to settle mortgage claims
Indiatimes - 1 hour 11 min ago
Goldman to pay $3.15 bn to settle mortgage claimsGoldman Sachs is paying its largest bill yet to resolve a government lawsuit related to the financial crisis.
- New York Times - DealBook: Goldman to Pay $3.15 Billion to Settle Mortgage Claims - 10 hours 41 min ago
- Reuters - Goldman Sachs, U.S. agency in mortgage settlement worth $1.2 billion - 12 hours 47 min ago
- The Guardian - Goldman Sachs agrees to $1.2bn settlement over mortgage bonds - 11 hours 16 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Insiders Buying At Western Asset Mortgage Capital - 12 hours 25 min ago
- Time Business - Goldman Paying $3.15B Over US Mortgage Bond Claims - 13 hours 24 min ago
- Economist's View - Minority Mortgage Market Experiences During the Financial Crisis - 18 hours 33 min ago
- Zacks - Western Asset Mortgage Capital (WMC) Stock: Moving Average Crossover Alert - Tale of the Tape - 23 hours 5 min ago
Fed chief Janet L. Yellen cautious on raising rates
Indiatimes - 1 hour 33 min ago
Yellen said that the economy was improving but that the Fed was awaiting more evidence about the health of labor markets before deciding when to start raising interest rates.
- Indiatimes - Janet Yellen signals uncertainty about a rate increase - 5 hours 58 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Gold Actually Thrives In Rising-Rate Environments - 1 hour 25 min ago
Rivalry: Samsung challenges Apple's iPhone 5S
Indiatimes - 2 hours 35 min ago
Rivalry: Samsung challenges Apple's iPhone 5SSamsung has also opted to donate money to the British Motor Neurone Disease Association, though the company declined to say how much it was offering.
- Indiatimes - Apple's archrival may make an essential part of the iPhone 6 - 2 hours 42 min ago
- TechCrunch - Apple Opens Battery Replacement Program For Affected iPhone 5 Units - 1 hour 9 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Apple's Archrival May Make An Essential Part Of The iPhone 6 (AAPL) - 15 hours 52 min ago
- Zacks - Is a Tesla-Apple Partnership for Model S on the Horizon? - Analyst Blog - 16 hours 48 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Apple's Price Hits All-Time High On New Product Speculation, As New Products Are Delayed - Take Your Positions! - 17 hours 48 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Apple's iPad Problem Is Lenovo's Wintel Tablet - 19 hours 25 min ago
- The Guardian - Apple iPhone 6 suppliers 'struggling to get enough screens ready for launch' - 21 hours 25 min ago
- Reuters Video - Apple iPhone 6 screen hits snag ahead of launch - 19 hours 20 min ago
How Amazon & Flipkart stack up against each other in India's online retail space
Indiatimes - 2 hours 36 min ago
How Amazon & Flipkart stack up against each other in India's online retail spaceThe general consensus looks like that while Flipkart was a darling for many for quite long, Amazon is garnering lot of fans with quicker deliveries.
- Indiatimes - Amazon readying an attack on Google's ad business - 5 hours 52 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - Amazon Preps a Challenge to Google - 10 hours 58 min ago
- TechCrunch - Amazon Now Piloting CPM Ads With Select Amazon Associates Publishers - 20 hours 3 min ago
Move over Tesla: Google is now a carmaker
Indiatimes - 2 hours 56 min ago
Google has been adding its self-driving technology to existing production vehicles for testing purposes.
- Indiatimes - Google acquires US product design firm Gecko - 3 hours 38 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - Google Acquires Gecko Design - 17 hours 37 min ago
- TechCrunch - German Regulator Backs Google Over Publishers, As Europe Gets Embarrassing - 46 min 58 sec ago
- WSJ Blogs - Google's 'Fiberhood' Strategy Is Spreading - 4 hours 53 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Google: Payments About To Go Into Overdrive - 12 hours 25 min ago
- BusinessInsider - CHART OF THE DAY: Facebook Tops The 10 Most-Used Apps, But Google Isn't Far Behind - 15 hours 19 min ago
- WSJ Video - Google Buys Gecko Design, and More - 15 hours 14 min ago
Delhi HC provides tax clarity on Vodafone-like cases
Indiatimes - 5 hours 11 min ago
Vodafone is also fighting a battle with tax authorities on the issue of indirect transfers in the $11-billion Hutch deal.
- Sydney Morning Herald - Repeal of the carbon tax - 15 hours 21 min ago
- Indiatimes - G20 to press for 'rapid timeline' for exchange of tax info - 20 hours 28 min ago
- Zacks - Apogee Q2 to Benefit from Tax Credit & Architectural Market - Analyst Blog - 15 hours 35 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Pharmalot, Pharmalittle: We're Reading About Narcotic Pain Killers, Tax Inversions and More - 17 hours 5 sec ago
Lower import costs to drag cooking oil prices down
Indiatimes - 6 hours 2 min ago
Imported cooking oil prices for Aug shipment have dropped by 7-10%, which will make oils cheaper in the upcoming festive season by Rs 5 -7 per kg in domestic market easing food inflation.
- Seeking Alpha - Canadian Oil Sands - 3 Pillars To Build Shareholder Value - 20 hours 25 min ago
UP government unveils Electronic manufacturing policy in state
Indiatimes - 6 hours 12 min ago
UP government unveils Electronic manufacturing policy in state UP government unveils new electronic manufacturing policy which will enable mass production of cell phones, DVDs and computers with other products.
- Indiatimes - UP govt approves electronic manufacturing policy - 23 hours 34 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Report: The Rising-and Falling-Stars of Global Manufacturing - 10 hours 51 min ago
- Zacks - Plexus (PLXS) Opens New Manufacturing Unit in Mexico - Analyst Blog - 16 hours 55 min ago
Sinopec partners with online retailer in e-commerce push
China Daily - 8 hours 25 min ago
BEIJING - China's top oil refiner Sinopec announced Friday that it will cooperate with e-commerce website yhd.com to expand its online-to-offline (O2O) business. Sinopec said in a statement that its sales arm signed a framework deal with yhd.com on Thursday and the tie-up is expected to combine the ...
- Sydney Morning Herald - Retailer spending is still flat according to CFS Retail Property Trust results - 21 hours 39 min ago
- BusinessInsider - E-COMMERCE AND THE FUTURE OF RETAIL: 2014 [SLIDE DECK] - 23 hours 5 min ago
IBM confident on growth in China business
China Daily - 9 hours 55 min ago
The IBM logo is seen outside the company's offices in Petah Tikva, near Tel Aviv,the second most populous city in Israel on Oct 24, 2011.[Photo /Agencies] Company unfazed on market outlook as pressures for localization intensify IBM Corp's partnership with Chinese banks remains active de ...
U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions
Reuters - 10 hours 58 min ago
KIEV/DONETSK-IZVARINO BORDER CROSSING Russia (Reuters) - The United States demanded Moscow remove an aid convoy it sent into rebel-held eastern Ukraine without permission on Friday, accusing Russia of a flagrant violation of the sovereignty of its former Soviet neighbor and threatening more sanction ...
- Zero Hedge - Russia Busts European Sanctioned-Fruit Smuggling Ring - 23 hours 10 min ago
Yellen Noncommittal on Rate Move
Wall Street Journal - 12 hours 13 min ago
Federal Reserve Chairwoman Janet Yellen pointed to an improving U.S. job market, but was noncommittal about how this progress would affect monetary policy.
- BusinessWeek - Yellen Says Rates Will Stay Low Even After QE Ends - 19 hours 55 min ago
- Indiatimes - Yellen: Job-market shifts complicate rate decision - 20 hours 31 min ago
- New York Times - Markets Inch Down Ahead of Yellen Speech - 20 hours 57 min ago
- Reuters - Yellen says U.S. job market still hampered, calls for 'pragmatic' policy - 21 hours 41 sec ago
- Wall Street Journal - Stock Futures Pause Ahead of Yellen Speech - 22 hours 12 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Yellen Vs. Putin - Who Wins? - 1 hour 25 min ago
- NY Post - Yellen in Jackson Hole: A woman of the people - 8 hours 49 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Podcast: No Fireworks From Yellen - 10 hours 4 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Janet Yellen Is An Insult To Americans - 13 hours 47 min ago
- Morningstar - Stocks End Mostly Lower; Yellen Speech, Ukraine Eyed - 14 hours 10 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Three Separate Economists Made The Exact Same Joke About Janet Yellen Today - 17 hours 42 min ago
- FT Alphaville - Janet Yellen’s Rorschach speech - 17 hours 45 min ago
- The Guardian - Fed chair Janet Yellen cautious in speech on 'damaged' US economy - 20 hours 1 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Yellen Sees Negative Labor Market, Undermines Rate Hike Chances - 20 hours 24 min ago
- Zacks - Market Keep An Eye On Janet Yellen's Speech At Jackson Hole - Economic Highlights - 20 hours 50 min ago
- WSJ Video - Yellen Addresses Economic Outlook in Wyoming - 20 hours 50 min ago
HSBC sued in US for $250 mn over alleged role in 'death bonds'
Indiatimes - 12 hours 40 min ago
According to the complaint, HSBC had been a custodian of life insurance policies used as collateral for bonds that SLS sold to investors, and which were falsely marketed as safe.
- Indiatimes - Scottish independence would prompt 'capital flight': HSBC - 22 hours 2 min ago
CLSA, BofA turn bullish on India growth story
Indiatimes - 12 hours 54 min ago
From the stock prospective, CLSA has picked ICICI Bank, SBI, Maruti Suzuki, HCL Technologies, Grasim, ONGC, and Bharti Airtel as its model portfolio.
- Zacks - BofA Reaches $17B Mortgage Settlement, Q3 EPS to Take Hit - Analyst Blog - 15 hours 23 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - The Daily Docket: BofA and FDIC Settle Failed Bank Suits - 17 hours 4 min ago
Fed's Yellen calls for caution on rates; Draghi says ECB ready to act
Sydney Morning Herald - 13 hours 10 min ago
The Federal Reserve should move cautiously in deciding when to raise interest rates given the US labor market remains bruised from the Great Recession, Fed Chair Janet Yellen said on Friday amid calls from policy hawks for a near-term rate hike.
- Indiatimes - ECB ready to adjust policy further: Mario Draghi - 16 hours 45 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Draghi 'confident' ECB measures will boost economy - 15 hours 32 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - ECB Economists Find Benefits in 'Fiscal Devaluation' - 15 hours 44 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Dour Comments By China's Leading Supply Chain Manager Reinforce Citi's View For €1 Trillion ECB QE - 22 hours 33 min ago
Dollar regains luster as Yellen seen less dovish than usual
Indiatimes - 14 hours 45 min ago
Dollar regains luster as Yellen seen less dovish than usual The greenback climbed to an 11-month high against the euro and a more than four-month peak above 104 yen following Yellen's speech.
Goldman Close to Settling FHFA Lawsuit for Over $1 Billion
Wall Street Journal - 14 hours 56 min ago
Goldman Sachs is nearing a deal to pay a U.S. housing regulator more than $1 billion to settle claims the Wall Street firm failed to disclose the risks on the mortgage bonds it sold ahead of the financial crisis.
Draghi Calls for Less Austerity and More Stimulus in Europe
New York Times - 15 hours 30 min ago
In a change in tone, Mario Draghi, president of the European Central Bank, said Europe needed long-term action to shore up its economy.
- The Economist - A less dovish Yellen, a more dovish Draghi - 7 hours 10 min ago
- The Guardian - Mario Draghi tells eurozone: do more to boost economies - 13 hours 56 min ago
- BusinessInsider - This Chart From Mario Draghi Reveals The Slow-Motion Catastrophe That Is The Eurozone - 16 hours 50 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Mario Draghi's "Still, Whatever It Takes" Jackson Hole Speech - 16 hours 56 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - 5 Things To Look for from Mario Draghi in Jackson Hole - 19 hours 17 min ago
- Zacks - Draghi vs. Yellen: Who Wins 2015? - Real Time Insight - 20 hours 45 min ago
Common Sense: Possible Deal in HP Suit May Mean Big Payoffs (for the Lawyers)
New York Times - 16 hours 22 min ago
When Hewlett shareholders sued over “unlawful behavior” in the takeover of Autonomy, they didn’t expect to be shut out in a possible settlement.
GM Plaintiffs Urge Judge to Allow Recall Suit to Move Forward
Wall Street Journal - 16 hours 23 min ago
One of the groups of plaintiffs trying to sue General Motors over economic losses relating to the massive vehicle recall is asking the bankruptcy judge to allow its lawsuit to proceed.
- WSJ Video - U.S. Probes GM Lawyers' Role in Recalls, and More - 19 hours 45 min ago
Henrik Stenson surge in Barclays round
Sydney Morning Herald - 17 hours 16 min ago
Defending FedEx Cup champion Henrik Stenson has made a big move early in the second round in the opening US PGA tour playoff event.
- Seeking Alpha - Barclays: Worth Less Than The Sum Of Its Parts? - 22 hours 25 min ago
Economic View: Lesson From Old India: When an Economy Just Doesn’t Get Better
New York Times - 17 hours 59 min ago
The Industrial Revolution left an economic giant in the dust. Today, trade shocks could do the same to some Western countries.
- Indiatimes - Policy implementation to make India $ 4.5 trillion economy - 23 hours 8 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Meet Arvind Subramanian, the Man Who Could Be India's Next Chief Economic Adviser - 18 hours 57 min ago
China appeals WTO ruling on solar panel dispute with US
Indiatimes - 19 hours 23 min ago
The appeal covers products including solar panels, wind towers, thermal and coated paper, certain lawn trimmers, kitchen shelving, steel sinks and cylinders.
- Indiatimes - US not against India's stand on WTO: Sitharaman - 21 hours 28 min ago
Argentina slams U.S. Judge Griesa for 'imperialist' attitude
Reuters - 19 hours 55 min ago
BUENOS AIRES (Reuters) - Argentina on Friday accused the U.S. judge who called the country's new debt restructuring plan illegal of making "imperialist" comments against the South American nation.
- Seeking Alpha - Argentine Debt And The Trillion-Dollar Question: Do Index-Linked Bond Enhancements Work? - 15 hours 25 min ago
- Zacks - Argentina Debt Default: Are Funds in Trouble? - Mutual Fund Commentary - 19 hours 49 min ago
VIDEO: Will South Africa go into recession?
BBC - 20 hours 4 min ago
Lerato Mbele reports on whether South Africa will fall back into recession, ahead of the release of the country's latest GDP figures.
- Seeking Alpha - New Dividend Challengers Should Carry Warning Labels: "Caution! Not Recession Tested!" - 16 hours 25 min ago
Fed says 'slack' in US jobs market
BBC - 20 hours 29 min ago
US Federal Reserve chair Janet Yellen says there is still "remaining slack in the labour market".
- Indiatimes - Bonds end lower ahead of key Fed speech - 23 hours 4 min ago
- Wall Street Pit - Fed’s Williams Expects Rate Rise to Occur Mid-2015 - 13 hours 49 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Yellen Takes Dead Aim At A GOP Movement To Rein In The Federal Reserve (DIA, SPX, SPY, QQQ) - 19 hours 30 min ago
McDonald's names new US president again
Indiatimes - 20 hours 57 min ago
The world's biggest hamburger chain says former McDonald's executive Mike Andres will replace Jeff Stratton, who is retiring, effective October 15.
- Wall Street Journal - McDonald's Taps New Head of USA Division - 20 hours 59 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Save Your Stomachs And Your Wallets - Stay Away From McDonald's - 13 hours 25 min ago
- BusinessInsider - The True Story Of How McDonald's Conquered France - 22 hours 50 min ago
- Zacks - McDonald's Corp. (MCD): New Analyst Report from Zacks Equity Research - Zacks Equity Research Report - 23 hours 25 min ago
- DailyFinance - McDonald's Names New U.S. President -- Again - 23 hours 38 min ago
Leak at Rupert Murdoch's News Corp spreads the pain around
Sydney Morning Herald - 21 hours 10 min ago
For media companies, leaks are an important part of journalism.
- Sydney Morning Herald - Kim Williams not alone in believing News Corp is 'unfair' making him the fall guy - 21 hours 39 min ago
Why Samsung Is Hoarding So Much Cash
BusinessWeek - 21 hours 40 min ago
The Korean company faces a 10 percent levy on its reserves
- BusinessInsider - Samsung Challenges Apple’s iPhone 5S To The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge - 16 hours 18 min ago
- TechCrunch - No One Nominated The Galaxy S5 For The Ice Bucket Challenge, Samsung - 18 hours 29 min ago
Peter Capaldi, the new star of Doctor Who, talks wedding rings, unemployment and sex appeal
Sydney Morning Herald - 21 hours 40 min ago
The new Doctor draws every day and credits his wife with a career that has reached new heights (and time dimensions).
- WSJ Blogs - Fed's Lockhart: Unemployment Rate Overstates Degree of Job Market Progress - 8 hours 16 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Unemployment In Europe Is A Disaster (DIA, SPX, SPY, QQQ, VGK, EWO, EWK, EDEN, EFNL, EWQ, EWG, GREK) - 16 hours 13 min ago