Business News - The Last 24 HoursFive-week record stock market fall
China Daily - 17 min 40 sec ago
The stock market retreated the most in five weeks on Tuesday, as the nation's money supply grew at the weakest pace in more than a decade in March and triggered more concerns about softening economic momentum. Financial companies, banks and commodities companies led the drop. The benchmark Shanghai ...
- Sydney Morning Herald - European stocks close down - 11 hours 13 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Stocks Continue To Rally In The Futures Market - 10 hours 27 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Global Stock Rally: World Market Cap Reached Record High In March - 14 hours 17 min ago
- Zacks - Tax Day Puts These Stocks in Focus - Analyst Blog - 14 hours 55 min ago
- Minyanville - Bargain Bin: 6 Undervalued Consumer Goods Stocks - 15 hours 17 min ago
- MarketWatch - Mark Hulbert: Why a debt crisis can be good for the stock market - 17 hours 12 min ago
Foreign realty attracts China investment
China Daily - 17 min 40 sec ago
Chinese investment in overseas property markets will experience a surge this year partly because of the ongoing tightening measures at home and a rising yuan, industry analysts said. Terence Tang, managing director of Capital Markets and Investment Services of Asia at Colliers International, belie ...
- Indiatimes - Asian shares up on China relief, Softbank stars - 37 min 54 sec ago
- AP - China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q - 48 min 2 sec ago
- China Daily - China's business climate index rises in Q1 - 3 hours 17 min ago
- Reuters - China first-quarter economic growth slows to 7.4 percent - 5 hours 12 sec ago
- BBC - China Q1 growth better than expected - 5 hours 3 min ago
- Sydney Morning Herald - China growth slows but beats expectations - 5 hours 7 min ago
- Time Business - China’s Growth Slows to 24-Year Low of 7.4 Percent - 5 hours 8 min ago
- BusinessInsider - In A Few Hours We Will See If China's Economy Has Slowed - 11 hours 27 min ago
- Reuters Video - Positive China growth surprise smooths way for reforms -HSBC - 2 hours 2 min ago
Alibaba filing for US IPO next week
China Daily - 47 min 51 sec ago
An employee walks past a logo of Alibaba Group at its headquarters on the outskirts of Hangzhou, Zhejiang province, in this May 17, 2010 file photo. [Photo/Agencies] Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group Holding Ltd is expected to file the prospectus for its US initial public offering nex ...
- China Daily - Alibaba filing for US IPO next week:sources - 47 min 51 sec ago
- Wall Street Journal - For Moelis, a Challenge in Wake of Weak IPO - 8 hours 43 sec ago
- Indiatimes - China's Alibaba revenues up as landmark IPO draws near - 9 hours 40 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - As Moelis Debuts, A Look At How Other Bank IPOs Have Performed - 2 hours 57 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Outlook Sky-High For GE Capital Aviation Services IPO - 11 hours 17 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - City Office, Paycom IPOs Get No Traction - 16 hours 22 min ago
- Reuters Video - Breakingviews: IPOs back to basics - 15 hours 7 min ago
Defunct bitcoin exchange Mt. Gox files for liquidation: Report
Indiatimes - 59 min 53 sec ago
Defunct bitcoin exchange Mt. Gox has given up plans to rebuild under bankruptcy protection and has asked a Tokyo court to allow it to be liquidated.
- Reuters - Defunct bitcoin exchange Mt. Gox files for liquidation: WSJ - 1 hour 13 min ago
- Indiatimes - 'Govts can't ban or limit the impact of Bitcoins' - 23 hours 37 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - BitBeat: Bitcoin, the Honey Badger of Money, Fearless Again - 5 hours 40 min ago
- Time Business - Amazon Says It Won’t Accept Bitcoin - 16 hours 12 min ago
- Minyanville - Pre-Market: Amazon Says No to Bitcoin, Yes to Expanded Payment Options; Global Markets Move Lower - 18 hours 2 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Bitcoin Is On A Bit Of A Tear - 20 hours 25 min ago
Goldman Sachs plans to jump-start stock-trading business
Indiatimes - 1 hour 22 min ago
Money managers are concerned that the stock market had grown too fragmented and complex, leaving everyone exposed to technological mishaps.
- Wall Street Journal - Goldman Moves to Energize Stock Trading - 7 hours 28 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Earnings Preview - Goldman Sachs Q1 2014 - 15 hours 17 min ago
Credit Suisse first-quarter profit falls as trading tumbles
Indiatimes - 2 hours 6 min ago
Credit Suisse said on Wednesday that first-quarter net profit fell by more than one-third on the year as revenue from bond-trading activities tumbled.
- Wall Street Journal - Credit Suisse First-Quarter Profit Falls - 2 hours 15 min ago
- Indiatimes - Credit Suisse subpoened in tax-evasion probe: Source - 11 hours 5 min ago
- NY Post - NY regulators probing former Credit Suisse exec - 4 hours 53 min ago
Michigan, White House discuss federal money for bankrupt Detroit
Indiatimes - 2 hours 11 min ago
Under the plan, $100 million would be earmarked for Detroit, reducing the $500 million the city's emergency manager, Kevyn Orr, plans to use to eliminate blight over the next 10 years..
- Sydney Morning Herald - Geoffrey Edelsten 'shell game' blasted by US bankruptcy judge - 14 hours 18 min ago
- TechCrunch - Mt.Gox Will Reportedly File For Liquidation Instead Of Bankruptcy - 1 hour 11 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Bankruptcy Lawyer Calls Niche Practice 'Misunderstood' - 9 hours 45 min ago
Planes, porn and racism: Travel's biggest Twitter fails
Sydney Morning Herald - 4 hours 14 min ago
You won't believe what some travellers - and travel companies - have done on Twitter.
- Wall Street Journal - Twitter to Acquire Data Partner Gnip - 6 hours 10 min ago
- Indiatimes - US company says FB, Twitter ads fail to deliver - 11 hours 24 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - I Thought Twitter's User-Base Problem Was Bad - It's Atrocious - 17 min 35 sec ago
- WSJ Blogs - Twitter Notches Biggest Rally Since IPO - 5 hours 52 min ago
- TechCrunch - Investors Send Twitter Up 11.4% Following Gnip News, Adding $2.7B To Its Market Cap - 8 hours 8 min ago
- Time Business - Twitter’s Got Talent - 9 hours 26 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Twitter Is Quietly Building A $100 Million Business In Big Data (TWTR) - 16 hours 29 min ago
- The Guardian - US Airways apologises for posting pornographic image on Twitter - 23 hours 51 min ago
China's first quarter GDP grows 7.4%
China Daily - 4 hours 17 min ago
BEIJING -- China's economy grew 7.4 percent year on year in the first quarter of 2014, the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) announced on Wednesday. The NBS said that the figure suggested growth in the world's second largest economy was generally stable, and marked a nice beginning for the y ...
- China Daily - GDP slowdown doesn't surprise many - 4 hours 47 min ago
- Sydney Morning Herald - Dour Chinese GDP figures expected - 9 hours 33 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Baffle With Fake BS: Chinese Q1 GDP Beats And Misses At The Same Time - 5 hours 5 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Here Comes Chinese GDP... - 5 hours 59 min ago
Fed should beef up low-rate vows, two officials say
Reuters - 4 hours 53 min ago
FARGO, North Dakota/BANGOR, Maine (Reuters) - The U.S. Federal Reserve ought not to raise interest rates until the economy is much closer to full strength, two of the Fed's most dovish policymakers said on Tuesday.
- Indiatimes - High interest rates responsible for rising bad loans: Moody's - 17 hours 49 min ago
- Minyanville - Decline in Stocks, Interest Rates, US Dollar Likely to Continue for Now - 17 hours 25 min ago
Google Unveils Project Ara, a 'Modular' Smartphone
Wall Street Journal - 5 hours 11 min ago
Google is planning a "modular" smartphone called Project Ara that will allow consumers to add or subtract hardware such as a blood-sugar monitor, a camera or a cigarette lighter.
- Sydney Morning Herald - It's time to stop hating Google Glass - 5 hours 19 min ago
- BBC - AUDIO: Google buys high-altitude drone firm - 16 hours 2 sec ago
- WSJ Blogs - Google Courts Developers for 'Modular' Smartphone Project - 2 hours 48 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Google Warns: We Are Scanning Your Email (GOOG) - 6 hours 57 min ago
- TechCrunch - Ellen Tries Out Google “Glasses” - 7 hours 53 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Google: Solar-Powered Drones, Driverless Cars And More Revenue Growth Ahead - 10 hours 17 min ago
- Zacks - Google Buys Titan Aerospace - Analyst Blog - 14 hours 48 min ago
- Time Business - Google Glass On Sale Today, For One Day Only - 18 hours 55 min ago
- Reuters Video - Google Glass for sale - 8 hours 37 min ago
Yellen Lays Groundwork for Rules on Short-Term Credit Markets
Wall Street Journal - 6 hours 1 min ago
The Fed chairwoman said reining in "shadow banks" that operate in the multitrillion-dollar short-term markets may provide "social gains" that outweigh the costs.
- New York Times - DealBook: Fed Weighing New Rules on Short-Term Borrowing, Yellen Says - 9 hours 41 min ago
- Indiatimes - Yellen faced with Rajan-like fix: Growth vs policy tightening - 12 hours 1 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - Yellen Says More Capital Would Help Big Banks - 17 hours 56 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Yellen Talks About New Higher Capital Requirements For Banks - 1 hour 17 min ago
- Morningstar - Stocks Down on Yellen, Russia Woes; Data, Earnings Eyed - 14 hours 18 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Janet Yellen Talks Up Even More Bank Capital Requirements - 16 hours 27 min ago
Talk About Income Inequality: De Blasio Is No Bloomberg, Tax Returns Confirm
New York Times - 6 hours 28 min ago
Newly released documents revealed the stark contrast between Mayor Bill de Blasio and his billionaire predecessor, Michael R. Bloomberg, as well as Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo.
- AP - 5 Things to Know about Tax Day - 15 hours 48 min ago
- Reuters - Berlusconi ordered to do community service for tax conviction - 19 hours 14 min ago
- Indiatimes - Berlusconi told to do community service for tax fraud: Source - 21 hours 10 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Mayor Bill de Blasio Releases His Tax Returns - 6 hours 6 min ago
- TechCrunch - HP Finds Mobile Tax Apps Lacking On Security, Privacy - 7 hours 56 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Testy Tuesday – Tax Day Edition - 9 hours 12 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Donald Rumsfeld Says He Has 'Absolutely No Idea' If He Paid His Taxes Properly - 10 hours 45 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - One For Tax Day: Tax-Free 6.6% With Strong Upside Potential - 13 hours 17 min ago
- Wall Street Pit - The 7 Biggest Tax Scams and How to Avoid Them - 13 hours 26 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Workers Say Walmart Chairman Owes $7.8 Billion Tax - 13 hours 33 min ago
- Forbes - The Year's Big Investment Winner? Tax Shelters - 14 hours 42 min ago
- The Big Picture - Tax Day Charts: Federal Revenues and Spending - 14 hours 48 min ago
- Zacks - Worried About Taxes? Check 3 Muni Bond ETFs - ETF News And Commentary - 19 hours 18 min ago
- Time Business - Don’t Forget to Do Your Taxes - 19 hours 39 min ago
- DailyFinance - Your 2015 Tax-Prep Road Map - 20 hours 6 min ago
- Reuters Video - Asia Day Ahead: Can Japan's consumers cope with a tax hike? - 1 hour 18 min ago
BHP raises guidance
Sydney Morning Herald - 7 hours 38 min ago
BHP Billiton has raised full year guidance for iron ore and metallurgical coal production after achieving record output for both in the March quarter.
- Sydney Morning Herald - BHP trims petroleum guidance - 7 hours 43 min ago
Srei Infrastructure Finance ‘exploring' Diageo open offer
Indiatimes - 7 hours 55 min ago
"Diageo's second open offer is lucrative. The decision to sell the stake will depend on whether investors want to redeem it," a Srei official said, adding "It's a good opportunity.
- Indiatimes - Don't accept Diageo offer for USL, as share prices may rise further: Analysts - 8 hours 12 min ago
Inflation up 0.3 per cent in March quarter
Sydney Morning Herald - 8 hours 4 min ago
New Zealand inflation has risen less than expected in the March quarter, when the annual rate slowed to 1.5 per cent.
- Indiatimes - Rise in retail, wholesale inflation dashes rate-cut hopes - 16 hours 52 min ago
- BBC - VIDEO: UK inflation fall announced - 21 hours 38 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - U.K. Inflation Cools in March - 22 hours 21 min ago
- BusinessInsider - The Most Important Inflation Chart There Is - 18 hours 16 min ago
Intel Net Falls as PC Market Shrinks
Wall Street Journal - 9 hours 5 min ago
Intel reported a decline in first-quarter profit as the Silicon Valley chip maker continues to share the pain of the shrinking personal-computer market.
- New York Times - Intel Posts 5 Percent Lower Earnings for First Quarter - 9 hours 56 min ago
- Indiatimes - Intel's first-quarter net profit falls but beats Street - 10 hours 40 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Intel: Mixed Report, But Getting Better - 1 hour 17 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Behind Intel's Poor Quarterly Numbers in Mobile - 1 hour 53 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Intel Earnings Appear Good Enough, Despite the Era of No Growth - 10 hours 53 min ago
- TechCrunch - Intel Meets In Q1 With Revenue Of $12.8B, EPS Of $0.38 On Back Of Recovering PC Market - 11 hours 4 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Intel's Stock Is Up After Matching Analyst Estimates (INTC) - 11 hours 13 min ago
US inflation up on rising housing, food costs
Sydney Morning Herald - 9 hours 29 min ago
US consumer prices firmed a bit in March, as food and housing rental costs rose in a possible sign that a disinflationary trend had run its course.
- Seeking Alpha - U.S. Housing Starts: March 2014 Preview - 13 hours 17 min ago
- BusinessInsider - London's Incredible Housing Market - 22 hours 26 min ago
need2know: Wild night on Wall Street
Sydney Morning Herald - 10 hours 35 min ago
Local stocks are poised to open little changed as Wall St rebounded from earlier losses.
- Indiatimes - Wall Street falls as momentum shares sink again - 13 hours 32 min ago
- New York Times - Earnings Lift Wall Street - 17 hours 25 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - How Innovation May Make Wall Street Less Efficient - 7 hours 59 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Red Hot SanDisk Set To Beat Wall Street Forecasts Again - 8 hours 17 min ago
- Zero Hedge - New York: From "Disneyland For Wall Street" To "Coffin-Sized" Living Spaces - 13 hours 5 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Wall Street CEO: Successful People I've Seen Share Two Traits - 16 hours 35 min ago
- Zacks - Earnings Outlook is the Key Factor - Ahead of Wall Street - 17 hours 18 min ago
- Reuters Video - Magic turnaround on Wall Street - 9 hours 8 min ago
Yahoo Has Flat Sales and Profit, but Shares Surge
New York Times - 10 hours 35 min ago
The rise is because Yahoo shareholders are far more excited about what the company owns — namely Alibaba — than anything the company runs.
- Indiatimes - Yahoo profit beats estimates at $312 million - 10 hours 43 min ago
- NY Post - Alibaba revenue boosts Mayer’s Yahoo - 4 hours 42 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Yahoo's CEO Discusses Q1 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript - 5 hours 17 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Yahoo Shares Surge; Tepid Growth Is Still Growth - 5 hours 19 min ago
- Zacks - Intel Modestly Mixed, Alibaba Boosts Yahoo - Analyst Blog - 9 hours 28 min ago
- TechCrunch - Yahoo’s Shopping Spree Is Slowing Down, It Used A Net $22M For Acquisitions In Q1 - 10 hours 7 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Yahoo, Still Stuck In Neutral (YHOO) - 10 hours 8 min ago
- Time Business - Yahoo Still Stagnant, but Alibaba Shines in Earnings Report - 10 hours 38 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Yahoo! Posts Modest Profits, Promises More Buybacks - 10 hours 45 min ago
- DailyFinance - Yahoo Earnings Lifted by Alibaba, Modest Ad Progress - 13 hours 33 min ago
- Minyanville - Stock Upgrades: Do You Yahoo? It May Be Time To - 17 hours 55 min ago
Fed chief Janet Yellen set to force banks to hold more capital
Sydney Morning Herald - 10 hours 58 min ago
The US Federal Reserve is considering further steps to force big banks to hold more capital, and sees a case for other stability-enhancing measures for more shadowy areas of Wall Street as well, Fed Chair Janet Yellen said on Tuesday.
- Indiatimes - Yellen preps Wall St for more funding rules from Fed - 18 hours 17 min ago
Gold price plunges by nearly 2 per cent
Sydney Morning Herald - 11 hours 9 min ago
Gold tumbled about 2 percent on Tuesday on heavy stop-loss orders placed by momentum traders as prices broke below the key 200-day moving average.
- Indiatimes - Gold falls from 3-wk high on profit-selling, global cues - 20 hours 33 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Reuters Omits The Grey Areas About China Gold Demand - 17 min 35 sec ago
- Zacks - 3 Gold and Silver Mining Mutual Funds To Buy Now - Best of Funds - 9 hours 2 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - RBC’s Gold Stock Picks for Asian Demand Growth - 18 hours 17 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Gold Tumbles Most In 4 Months On China Demand Slowdown Fears - 19 hours 6 min ago
- Wall Street Pit - Goldman Sachs (GS) Expects Gold Prices To Fall Sharply Within 12 Months - 22 hours 42 min ago
RBC To Turn Proprietary-Trading Arm Into Hedge Fund
Wall Street Journal - 12 hours 49 min ago
The Royal Bank of Canada is closing one of the last proprietary-trading desks on Wall Street and spinning it off into a hedge fund.
- New York Times - DealBook: Hedge Fund Manager Makes Lonely Defense of G.M. - 20 hours 4 min ago
- TechCrunch - Weev Talks About Life In Prison And His Plans To Open A Hedge Fund, TRO LLC - 15 hours 17 min ago
Coca-Cola plays down shock credit downgrades
Sydney Morning Herald - 14 hours 18 min ago
Soft drink bottler Coca-Cola Amatil has played down the impact of credit rating downgrades.
- Indiatimes - Coca-Cola sells more drinks but soda dips - 17 hours 26 min ago
- Reuters - Coca-Cola profit falls 8 percent - 19 hours 29 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - The Coca-Cola's CEO Discusses Q1 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript - 11 hours 17 min ago
- Zacks - Refreshing Sales Beat at Coca-Cola - Analyst Blog - 13 hours 19 min ago
- Time Business - Coca-Cola Profits Dip as Americans Drink Less Pop - 17 hours 52 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Coca-Cola Outlook Remains Cautious - 19 hours 12 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Here's How Much Venezuelan Monetary Policy Cost Coca-Cola In The First Quarter (KO) - 19 hours 22 min ago
- DailyFinance - Coca-Cola Profits Slips Even as Consumers Sip More Drinks - 22 hours 48 min ago
BlackBerry Invests in Health Care IT Startup NantHealth
Wall Street Journal - 16 hours 14 min ago
BlackBerry said it has taken a minority stake in NantHealth, a California-based health care IT startup, and that the two companies will collaborate on a new smartphone aimed at the health-care industry.
- Indiatimes - BlackBerry buys minority stake in healthcare IT firm - 19 hours 5 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - BlackBerry: Stuck In No Man's Land? - 9 hours 17 min ago
- Wall Street Pit - BlackBerry Invests On New Smartphone Aimed at the Health-care Industry – BBRY - 11 hours 51 min ago
- TechCrunch - BlackBerry Buys Stake In U.S. Healthcare IT Firm As It Shifts Focus To Niche Markets - 16 hours 19 min ago
U.S. Home Builder Confidence Still Subdued in April
Wall Street Journal - 16 hours 50 min ago
U.S. home builders remained downbeat in April, a sign the housing market remains shaky with the arrival of spring.
- Reuters - U.S. home builder sentiment edges up in April, still gloomy - 17 hours 14 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Homebuilder Blues: NAHB/Wells Fargo Home Builder Ratings April 2014 - 12 hours 17 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Home Builder Confidence Downbeat on Tight Credit, Limited Building Lots - 16 hours 42 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Homebuilder Confidence Misses For 4th Month In A Row - 17 hours 7 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Here Comes Homebuilder Confidence... (ITB, XHB) - 17 hours 48 min ago
U.S. Consumer Inflation Boosted by Higher Food, Rental Housing Costs
New York Times - 18 hours 2 min ago
U.S. consumer prices rose slightly more than expected in March, suggesting a disinflationary trend had run its course.
- Wall Street Journal - U.S. Consumer Prices Rise Slightly - 18 hours 24 min ago
- Reuters - Food, rental housing bump up U.S. consumer inflation - 18 hours 42 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Consumer Inflation Ticks Higher in March - 18 hours 12 min ago
- DailyFinance - Consumer Prices Barely Rise in March - 22 hours 11 min ago
- WSJ Video - March Consumer Price Index up More Than Expected - 17 hours 50 min ago
Ukraine crisis could hit Russian GDP
BBC - 18 hours 27 min ago
The Russian economy may see zero growth this year because of the Ukraine crisis, Russia's finance minister has admitted.
- BBC - UK ready for Ukraine 'sacrifices' - 21 hours 56 min ago
- Indiatimes - German economic confidence slips on Ukraine worry - 22 hours 33 min ago
Zebra to Buy Motorola Solutions Enterprise Business
Wall Street Journal - 19 hours 36 min ago
Zebra Technologies Corp. made a bid to substantially expand its business, agreeing to buy Motorola Solutions Inc.'s enterprise business for $3.45 billion in cash.
- New York Times - DealBook: Motorola Solutions’ Enterprise Business Sold for $3.5 Billion - 20 hours 33 sec ago
- Reuters - Zebra Tech to buy Motorola's enterprise business for $3.45 billion - 20 hours 25 min ago
- BusinessInsider - How A $1 Billion Company You've Never Heard Of Bought A Big Chunk Of Motorola For $3.45 Billion - 7 hours 46 min ago
- Zacks - Motorola to Vend Enterprise Business - Analyst Blog - 10 hours 28 min ago
- TechCrunch - Confirmed: Zebra Tech Is Buying Motorola Solutions For $3.45B - 19 hours 27 min ago
Economy to grow by 1.8% this year: German minister
Indiatimes - 20 hours 3 min ago
The German economy, Europe's biggest, is to grow by 1.8 percent this year and 2.0 percent next year, the government said in its latest updated forecasts on Tuesday.
- Wall Street Journal - Germany Economic Sentiment Index Weakens - 20 hours 3 min ago
- Reuters Video - Germany growing...for now - 14 hours 48 min ago