Business News - The Last 24 HoursColorado reaps $2m in marijuana tax
BBC - 39 min 21 sec ago
The US state of Colorado says it collected more than $2m in the first round of tax payments from newly legalized marijuana businesses.
- China Daily - No hasty tax reforms - 1 hour 54 min ago
- Sydney Morning Herald - Napthine's poker machine tax grab faces challenge from Geoff Shaw - 10 hours 54 min ago
- BBC - Bayern boss Hoeness in tax trial - 16 hours 34 min ago
- Indiatimes - Japan's Q4 growth slows as sales tax hike looms - 23 hours 1 min ago
- The Guardian - Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness dodged €18.5m in tax, court hears - 6 hours 6 min ago
- DailyFinance - This April 1 Retirement Trap Could Cost You a 50% Tax Penalty - 14 hours 37 min ago
Virtu Seeks $100 Million in IPO
Wall Street Journal - 59 min 5 sec ago
High-frequency trading firm Virtu Financial looks to raise $100 million in a public offering of its stock with Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan and Sandler O'Neill as chief underwriters.
- China Daily - Nuclear firm to list 'premium assets' in IPO - 15 hours 24 min ago
- Indiatimes - Now, mommy bloggers stir up web-coupon IPO scene - 21 hours 22 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Brazil's Marfrig Considers IPOs for International Units - 1 hour 20 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Top 10 IPO Filed – Virtu Financial Inc. - 4 hours 27 min ago
- The Guardian - As Poundland IPO approaches, founder says: 'I'm very proud, it's my baby' - 9 hours 4 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - 6 U.S. IPOs Planned For The Week Of March 10 - 12 hours 24 min ago
Yen-Pinching Undercuts Japan’s Push Against Years of Deflation
New York Times - 1 hour 4 min ago
After years of falling prices and deflation, many Japanese have the mind-set that they need to save, not spend, putting a burden on the economy.
- Seeking Alpha - USD/JPY - Dollar Above 103 As Japanese Data Meets Expectations - 8 hours 24 min ago
- The Guardian - Japan's fourth-quarter economic growth estimate revised down – live - 15 hours 28 min ago
Japanese Shares Gain Ahead of Central Bank Meeting
Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 4 min ago
Japanese stocks bounced back from losses in the previous session, as the market waited for the Bank of Japan's policy announcement.
- New York Times - Sharply Criticized by Government, Head of the Central Bank of Cyprus Resigns - 1 hour 35 min ago
- Indiatimes - French central bank sees Q1 growth of 0.2% - 19 hours 4 min ago
- The Guardian - Cyprus central bank governor resigns - 7 hours 15 min ago
Why we should welcome Chinese housing investment
Sydney Morning Herald - 1 hour 8 min ago
No one does Australian real estate better than Australia, but it turns out half the world is better at building cars. It's a no-brainer.
- China Daily - Building a stable housing market - 1 hour 54 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Hussman Warns S&P 500 Over-Valuation Now Higher Than Housing In 2006 - 5 hours 52 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - USD/CAD - Steady As Canadian Housing Data Improves - 8 hours 24 min ago
DealBook Column: Icahn’s War of Words With eBay
New York Times - 1 hour 22 min ago
Carl C. Icahn, the activist investor, is in a battle with Marc Andreessen, the entrepreneur turned technology investor.
- BBC - eBay cuts chief exec's pay in half - 3 hours 52 min ago
- New York Times - DealBook: EBay Rejects Icahn’s Nominees for Its Board - 11 hours 14 min ago
- Wall Street Pit - EBay (EBAY) to Reject Carl Icahn’s Board Nominees : Report - 13 hours 56 min ago
- BusinessInsider - CARL ICAHN: eBay Shareholders Lost $4 Billion Because Of The CEO's 'Incompetence' - 14 hours 16 min ago
Missing Malaysia Airlines plane: the conspiracy theories
Sydney Morning Herald - 1 hour 44 min ago
As fears for the 239 passengers missing on a Malaysian Airlines flight continue to rise, speculation as to what may have happened to MH 370 are flying high.
- Sydney Morning Herald - Missing Malaysia Airlines plane: Fake passport holders were Iranian - report - 2 hours 35 min ago
- New York Times - Briefing: U.S. and American Airlines Differ on Price for Takeoff Slots - 3 hours 32 min ago
- BusinessWeek - Why Do Airlines Keep the ‘Black Box’ Trapped on Planes? - 10 hours 14 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - Winter Weather Weighs on Airlines' February Metrics - 13 hours 36 min ago
- China Daily - Airlines aim to upgrade flights - 15 hours 24 min ago
- Indiatimes - American Airlines, JetBlue to end interline traffic agreement - 15 hours 25 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - WestJet Airlines' Management Presents at JPMorgan Aviation, Transportation & Industrials Conference (Transcript) - 5 hours 24 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Experts Say The Black Boxes From The Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane Should Turn Up Soon - 5 hours 59 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - American Airlines Cuts Ties With JetBlue - 9 hours 54 min ago
- Zero Hedge - "Stolen Passport" Passenger On Missing Malaysian Airlines Jet Identified - 12 hours 32 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Malaysia Airlines Shares Decline as Much as 20% - 17 hours 44 min ago
- MarketWatch Video - Debris Is a Cold Lead in Malaysia Airlines Search - 15 hours 47 min ago
- WSJ Video - Malaysia Airlines Facing Market Woes - 20 hours 44 min ago
Mt Gox wins US bankruptcy protection
BBC - 1 hour 57 min ago
Mt Gox, the troubled Japanese bitcoin exchange, wins bankruptcy protection to temporarily halt US legal action alleging fraud.
- New York Times - Struggling Pizza Chain Sbarro Seeks Bankruptcy Protection Again - 2 hours 28 min ago
- Reuters - Mt. Gox files for U.S. bankruptcy to halt class action - 9 hours 35 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - Mt. Gox Files for Bankruptcy in U.S. - 11 hours 21 min ago
- Zero Hedge - To Celebrate The Bull Market Anniversary, Sbarro Files Second Bankruptcy In Three Years - 12 hours 22 min ago
- The Guardian - Sbarro pizza chain files for bankruptcy protection for second time - 12 hours 25 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Sbarro Files For Chapter 11 Bankruptcy - 13 hours 23 min ago
- DailyFinance - Mt. Gox Files for U.S. Bankruptcy Protection - 15 hours 29 min ago
Super Rupert : Murdoch in investment management foray with Alan Kohler
Sydney Morning Herald - 2 hours 14 min ago
Rupert Murdoch's News Limited is considering a proposal by finance guru Alan Kohler to expand into investment management.
- Sydney Morning Herald - Rupert Murdoch in investment management foray - 2 hours 14 min ago
China slowdown not sole reason for iron ore price plunge
Sydney Morning Herald - 2 hours 43 min ago
Fears of a slowdown in Chinese economic growth continue to bubble to the surface, with the price of iron ore, Australia’s most valuable commodity, plunging to an 18-month low. But there are other factors at play that have contributed to the plummeting price.
- Sydney Morning Herald - US stocks dip on weak data from China - 6 hours 18 min ago
- China Daily - China stocks slump 1.7% midday - 15 hours 24 min ago
- Indiatimes - India, China to hold Strategic Economic Dialogue next week - 15 hours 44 min ago
- DailyFinance - After Market: China's Exports and Crimea's Crisis Leave Investors Uneasy - 10 hours 53 sec ago
- Seeking Alpha - Freeport-McMoRan: China Concerns Are Overblown - 10 hours 24 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - China Stocks Sharply Underperform U.S. Markets - 16 hours 13 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Economists React: Making Sense of China's Trade Data - 16 hours 47 min ago
- Reuters Video - China rocks the boat - 5 hours 21 min ago
Google's finance & biz heads get millions in bonuses
Indiatimes - 3 hours 53 min ago
Google's shares shot up 58 percent in 2013, breaking the $1,000 mark for the first time and outpacing the Nasdaq's 38 percent gain for the year.
- BBC - Google: Android for wearables coming - 10 hours 17 min ago
- BusinessInsider - This Startup Wants To Become The Google Of Drugs - 2 hours 3 min ago
- TechCrunch - Google Starts Running Consumer Surveys About Select Advertisers, Highlights Data In Search Ads - 5 hours 42 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Google Offers Bounty for New Signups at Google Apps - 10 hours 29 min ago
- Wall Street Pit - Google (GOOG) to Release an SDK For Wearable Devices in Two Weeks: Report - 14 hours 54 min ago
World Bank ready to provide $3 billion aid to Ukraine
Indiatimes - 4 hours 22 min ago
World Bank ready to provide $3 billion aid to UkraineBank said the Ukraine economy faces serious challenges that will require "urgent action in short term", as well as sustained reform over longer term.
- Sydney Morning Herald - Chinese economy, Ukraine weigh on $A - 6 hours 19 min ago
- New York Times - Russian Oligarchs Fear Economic Casualties if Ukraine Crisis Escalates - 8 hours 10 min ago
- BusinessWeek - Ukraine's East Is Poor, Fed Up, and Desperate for Change - 16 hours 4 min ago
Nokia banking on its new Android smartphone to regain market share
Indiatimes - 4 hours 24 min ago
Nokia expects its Android smartphones to help regain some of its lost market share in the crucial mid-range segment in markets like India.
- Indiatimes - Nokia X Android smartphone launched at Rs 8,599 - 16 hours 1 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - The Week Ahead: India-U.S. Hold Talks, SC Resumes Nokia Case - 18 hours 54 min ago
Aust bonds firm over China growth worries
Sydney Morning Herald - 4 hours 49 min ago
The Australian bond market is firmer as concern about China's economy weighs on prices for riskier assets.
- Wall Street Journal - Verizon Shopping Big Bond Sale - 10 hours 51 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Bank Of America: Bond Market 'Stress Test' Results - 24 min 35 sec ago
Apple releases iOS 7.1 with CarPlay, Siri improvements
Sydney Morning Herald - 5 hours 1 min ago
Apple has released iOS 7.1, an update for the iPhone and iPad operating system that includes CarPlay and improvements to Siri.
- Indiatimes - Apple to enter smaller Indian towns with iPhones, iPads - 7 hours 18 min ago
- New York Times - Bits Blog: Apple Releases First Big Software Update for iOS 7 - 9 hours 5 min ago
- TechCrunch - Apple Continues Pursuit Of IT And Education With Improvements To Its ‘Secret’ Loyalty Pricing - 2 hours 15 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Why Apple Should Fear Samsung's New 'Tizen' Strategy (AAPL, GOOG) - 2 hours 25 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - A Few Reasons Why You Should Buy This $7.35 Apple Supplier - 5 hours 24 min ago
- Minyanville - Apple's Buttonless Mouse Came From Steve Jobs' Misunderstanding, Says Former Design Exec - 6 hours 54 min ago
- Zacks - Apple Leads OEM Market in U.S. - Analyst Blog - 10 hours 34 min ago
EBay rejects Icahn's nominees for board
Sydney Morning Herald - 5 hours 47 min ago
Online auction site EBay is urging its shareholders to reject a pair of would-directors put up by activist investor Carl Icahn.
- Sydney Morning Herald - eBay and Carl Icahn at loggerheads - 6 hours 10 min ago
- Indiatimes - EBay to shareholders: Vote against Icahn nominees - 11 hours 18 min ago
- Reuters - EBay rejects Icahn board nominees, asks investors to do same - 12 hours 53 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - EBay Rejects Icahn's Board Nominees - 13 hours 35 min ago
- TechCrunch - EBay Asks Shareholders To Vote Against PayPal Split While Icahn Claims CEO ‘Incompetence’ Cost $4B - 11 hours 41 min ago
- BusinessInsider - eBay Rejects Carl Icahn's Board Nominees And Says His Attacks Are 'False And Misleading' (EBAY) - 13 hours 11 min ago
Bitcoin exchange files US bankruptcy
Sydney Morning Herald - 5 hours 47 min ago
Mt Gox, once the world's largest bitcoin exchange but which collapsed recently, has filed for bankruptcy in the US.
- Sydney Morning Herald - Bitcoin exchange MtGox faced 150,000 attacks per second - 21 hours 43 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - BitBeat: Bitcoin's Creation Myth is Different, Too - 1 hour 42 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Think Fees On Normal ATMs Are Expensive? Check Out What It Costs To Use A Bitcoin ATM - 5 hours 34 min ago
- Naked Capitalism - Bitcoin is Not a Currency - 13 hours 4 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Why I Do Not Trust Bitcoin - 13 hours 24 min ago
- WSJ Video - Coinbase: Bitcoin's Future Bright Despite Mt. Gox Bankruptcy - 2 hours 24 min ago
European stocks mixed on poor Chinese data
Sydney Morning Herald - 6 hours 14 min ago
Europe's main stock markets have traded mixed as investors responded to economic data from China and the continued Ukraine-Russia crisis.
- Indiatimes - US stocks down on gloomy news from Asia - 9 hours 26 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - How Many Stock Market Top Boxes Have Been Checked? - 7 hours 24 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - After 777 and 787 Dreamliner Concerns, Is Boeing’s 13% Stock Drop Too Much? - 9 hours 39 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Here's Why China's Stock Market Got Smoked (FXI, EWH) - 10 hours 23 min ago
- Minyanville - Todd Harrison: A Comprehensive Review of the Stock Market - 10 hours 43 min ago
- Reuters Video - Stock market is over valued by 10%-Doug Kass - 10 hours 32 min ago
With Chiquita-Fyffes Merger, Dole Will No Longer be Top Banana
BusinessWeek - 7 hours 53 min ago
The new banana giant ChiquitaFyffes will have better negotiating power with retailers
- New York Times - DealBook: Chiquita to Buy Irish Fruit and Produce Distributor Fyffes in All-Stock Deal - 17 hours 10 min ago
- The Guardian - Chiquita and Fyffes hope to become top banana in global market - 6 hours 33 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Chiquita's Crooning Latina Star Gets an Irish Lilt - 9 hours 13 min ago
- DailyFinance - Chiquita Brands to Merge With Fyffes to Create Banana Leader - 20 hours 54 min ago
- WSJ Video - Will Chiquita-Fyffes Merger Fly With Regulators? - 13 hours 20 min ago
- Reuters Video - Top banana - Chiquita buys Fyffes - 13 hours 35 min ago
Bundesbank Criticizes Fed's Bank Rules
Wall Street Journal - 8 hours 12 min ago
An official of the Deutsche Bundesbank has criticized new Federal Reserve rules that are designed to strengthen the capital position of European banks operating in the U.S., but which some European bankers claim are unfair.
- Indiatimes - 'US Fed should stick to current tapering pace' - 14 hours 21 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - Federal Reserve May Have to Accelerate Tapering, Says Plosser - 14 hours 49 min ago
McDonald's Sales Troubles Aren't Going Away
BusinessWeek - 9 hours 1 min ago
The chain has made matters worse for itself by complicating its menu, which has slowed service
- Indiatimes - McDonald's sales dip amid shifting eating habits - 11 hours 53 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Stocks to Watch: FMC, McDonald's, NII Holdings - 8 hours 30 min ago
- BusinessInsider - McDonald's Might Start Copying Chipotle's Strategy - 10 hours 23 min ago
- DailyFinance - McDonald's February U.S. Sales Chilled by Weather - 18 hours 28 min ago
- Reuters Video - McDonald's February sales fall - 12 hours 7 min ago
ECB Official Rejects Inflation Criticism
Wall Street Journal - 9 hours 10 min ago
Executive board member Sabine Lautenschläger dismissed criticism that the ECB is doing too little about the risks of low inflation, saying the central bank has tools including negative interest rates and asset purchases that it can deploy.
- Indiatimes - ECB's Christian Noyer says 'not happy' with euro's rise - 16 hours 21 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Interview: ECB's Lautenschlger on Inflation, QE and Bank Supervision - 3 hours 6 min ago
IMF economist sees deflation, esp in euro zone
Indiatimes - 10 hours 17 min ago
The chief economist of International Monetary Fund sees a risk of deflation, particularly in the euro zone, according to a report in a newspaper.
IBM fires 19 in labor dispute
China Daily - 10 hours 24 min ago
Tensions rose at an IBM factory in Shenzhen as 19 workers were fired on Monday, ostensibly for violating company policies, according to one of the strikers. More than 1,000 workers at IBM Systems Technology Co (ISTC), the server-making unit of IBM Corp, spontaneously walked off the job on March 3 to ...
- China Daily - IBM Guangdong plant hit by strike over workers' severance package - 15 hours 24 min ago
Morgan Stanley 'overweight' on private banks
Indiatimes - 11 hours 11 min ago
Morgan Stanley today said lenders' bad loan formation is slowing down, and assigned "overweight" to private bank stocks.
- Indiatimes - Morgan Stanley turns 'overweight' on pvt banks - 21 hours 20 min ago
Italian experts highlight China's effort for more balanced growth
China Daily - 15 hours 24 min ago
ROME - China's growth target of 7.5 percent for 2014 that was written in the government's work report delivered at the parliament's annual session this week was seen by Italian economists as an indicator of China's effort to pursue a high-quality and more balanced growth. Experts: GDP growt ...
Tencent to take 15% stake in JD.com
China Daily - 15 hours 24 min ago
Tencent Holdings Ltd, China's largest Internet company, announced on Monday that it is going to take a 15 percent stake in the country's leading online retailer JD.com, forming a strategic partnership to offer e-commerce services to Internet and mobile Internet users. Can Tencent crack US ma ...
- New York Times - DealBook: China’s Tencent to Buy Stake in JD.com as Part of E-Commerce Push - 23 hours 44 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Here's Why Tencent Just Took A 20% Stake In Chinese E-Commerce Giant JD.com - 6 hours 32 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - After WhatsApp Buy, Facebook Faces Stiff Competition From Tencent's WeChat - 7 hours 24 min ago
- Reuters Video - Breakingviews: Tencent, JD.com team up to take on Alibaba - 23 hours 14 min ago
China's inflation up 2% in February
China Daily - 15 hours 24 min ago
BEIJING - China's consumer price index (CPI), a main gauge of inflation, increased 2 percent year on year in February, down from 2.5 percent in January, the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) unveiled on Sunday. Inflation rose 2.1 percent in cities and 1.7 percent in rural areas from the s ...
- Indiatimes - Inflation seen cooling, factory output contracting - 18 hours 59 min ago
Eurozone banks' sovereign exposure hits new high
Indiatimes - 16 hours 28 min ago
Banks in the region now hold about Euro 1.75trn in government debt, equivalent to 5.7% of their assets and the highest relative exposure since 2006.
Citi Taps Rajat Madhok for Key Role
Wall Street Journal - 17 hours 46 min ago
Citigroup has named Rajat Madhok, currently India country chief, head of Asia commercial banking for midsize companies.
- Zacks - Guy Hands- Citi End Lawsuit in US - Analyst Blog - 11 hours 54 min ago
- The Guardian - BAT could benefit from taking full control of rival Reynolds, says Citigroup - 12 hours 1 min ago