Business News - The Last 24 HoursWall Street opens for 'business as usual' as storm wanes
Indiatimes - 1 hour 44 min ago
Investment banks including Goldman Sachs Group Inc, JPMorgan Chase & Co's JPMorgan and Morgan Stanley were open as well.
- New York Times - Wall St. Opens Sharply Lower After Disappointing Earnings - 1 hour 56 min ago
- Sydney Morning Herald - Wall Street rises after Greek elections; energy climbs - 18 hours 18 min ago
- Zacks - Soft Results as Q4 Earnings Limp On - Ahead of Wall Street - 1 hour 55 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Wall Street Breakfast: Microsoft Profit Stung By Sluggish Windows - 5 hours 21 min ago
- BusinessInsider - On Wall Street, Cost Cuts Aren't Preventing Bigger Broker Bonuses - 19 hours 36 min ago
Intel to provide security sols for Samsung's Tizen handsets
Indiatimes - 1 hour 44 min ago
Tech giant Intel today said it will deliver its McAfee Mobile Security software pre-installed in the first Samsung smartphones running the Tizen open-source operating system.
- Indiatimes - Samsung invests Rs 517 cr for Noida mobile phone plant expansion - 5 hours 55 min ago
- BusinessInsider - A Carrier Website Might Have Just Leaked Samsung's Next Galaxy Phone - 19 hours 9 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Samsung Doesn't Need Qualcomm - 21 hours 54 min ago
Lockheed Martin revenue beats as F-35 fighter jet demand rises
Indiatimes - 2 hours 9 min ago
Lockheed Martin Corp reported a better-than-expected 8.6 percent rise in quarterly revenue, helped by higher demand for its F-35 fighter jets.
- Wall Street Journal - Lockheed Martin Outlook Below Expectations - 3 hours 12 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Lockheed Martin (LMT) Q4 2014 Results - Earnings Call Webcast - 56 min 43 sec ago
Caterpillar fourth quarter results mixed, 2015 outlook disappoints
Indiatimes - 2 hours 17 min ago
Caterpillar took hit in fourth quarter from restructuring costs and heavy machinery maker issued weak outlook, citing tumbling price of commodities.
- Reuters - Commodity prices hit Caterpillar profit, warns low oil will hurt '15 - 3 hours 16 min ago
- New York Times - Commodity Prices Hit Caterpillar Profit - 3 hours 27 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - Commodity Prices Dent Caterpillar's View - 3 hours 53 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Caterpillar (CAT) Q4 2014 Results - Earnings Call Webcast - 56 min 43 sec ago
- The Guardian - Global markets tumble after poor Caterpillar results and economic data - 2 hours 13 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - How Caterpillar Is Fighting Its Earnings Headwinds - 3 hours 36 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Caterpillar Just Delivered Some Terrible News For The Global Economy (CAT) - 3 hours 41 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Welcome To The Wreckovery: Who Could Have Possibly Anticipated Caterpillar's Disastrous Earnings And Guidance? - 3 hours 57 min ago
'Mfg is key to create jobs and accelerate growth'
Indiatimes - 2 hours 29 min ago
India needs to put special focus on manufacturing to create thousands of jobs and accelerate economic growth to 9-10 per cent, a top government official said.
- Sydney Morning Herald - Data suggest jobless rate yet to peak - 11 hours 23 min ago
- China Daily - 10m new jobs on way, Li vows - 20 hours 51 min ago
Tate reveals BP sponsorship figures
BBC - 2 hours 44 min ago
Tate reveals oil giant BP donated £3.8m to its galleries as part of its sponsorship deal over the past 17 years.
- Indiatimes - BP freezes workers' wages as oil prices sink - 6 hours 28 min ago
- New York Times - BP Freezes Workers’ Wages as Oil Prices Sink - 17 hours 26 min ago
- The Guardian - BP freezes pay of 84,000 staff globally as oil price drop bites - 20 hours 49 min ago
American Airlines tops Street Q4 forecasts
Indiatimes - 2 hours 56 min ago
American Airlines Group Inc on Tuesday reported fourth-quarter net income of $597 million, after reporting a loss in the same period a year earlier.
- Wall Street Journal - American Airlines Lifted by Lower Fuel Prices - 3 hours 22 min ago
- Indiatimes - Asian airlines slash surcharges but fares may rise - 4 hours 5 min ago
- Sydney Morning Herald - Airlines suspend Baghdad flights as shots fired at plane - 8 hours 3 min ago
- Zacks - American Airlines Group (AAL) Tops Q4 Earnings, Revenues - Analyst Blog - 56 min 43 sec ago
- Seeking Alpha - Southwest: When Airlines' Boom Busts You Need Some LUV - 2 hours 1 sec ago
- The Guardian - Easyjet and International Airlines help support FTSE 100 - 7 hours 25 min ago
DuPont profit rises, but strong dollar cuts into sales
Indiatimes - 3 hours 4 min ago
The company, based in Wilmington, Delaware, boosted its estimated costs savings from operational redesigns by $300 million, to at least $1.3 billion by 2017.
- Wall Street Journal - DuPont Warns of Currency Headwinds - 5 hours 14 min ago
- Zacks - DuPont's Q4 Earnings Meet, Strong Dollar Weighs on Outlook - Analyst Blog - 54 min 43 sec ago
- Seeking Alpha - Update: Du Pont - No Reason To Panic About Exchange Rates, DuPont Will Be Doing Just Fine - 2 hours 12 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - DuPont Earnings Boosted by Cost Cutting - 4 hours 16 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - DuPont Earnings: What to Watch - 17 hours 36 min ago
Pfizer earnings slip on loss of drug patent exclusivity
Indiatimes - 3 hours 30 min ago
Revenues dropped 3.2 percent from the year-earlier quarter to $13.1 billion, and net income was down 52.1 percent to $1.2 billion.
- Indiatimes - Pfizer's 2015 forecast disappoints, crimped by generics, dollar - 3 hours 32 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - Pfizer Hit by Stronger Dollar, Patent Losses - 4 hours 24 min ago
- Zacks - Pfizer Beats on Q4 Earnings, Guides Below Expectations - Analyst Blog - 1 hour 32 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Pfizer Faces Reality Check With Earnings - 3 hours 31 min ago
- The Guardian - Vaccine price cut pledge not enough, critics tell Pfizer - 19 hours 51 min ago
Procter & Gamble Profit Down 31%, Hurt by Exchange Rates
New York Times - 3 hours 33 min ago
Procter & Gamble's second-quarter earnings sank 31 percent as the strong U.S. dollar cut into the performance of the world's largest consumer products maker.
- Wall Street Journal - Procter & Gamble's Revenue Declines on Currency Hits - 4 hours 35 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Procter & Gamble's Latest Earnings Release And The U.S. Dollar - 33 min 17 sec ago
Budget: FM for tax reforms and quick decisions to ensure stability
Indiatimes - 4 hours 6 min ago
Budget: FM for tax reforms and quick decisions to ensure stability The Minister also asked the CBEC officials to maintain certain level of civility with assessees but to take to task the evaders and avoiders.
- Sydney Morning Herald - Business ready for tax reform: survey - 13 hours 43 min ago
- Reuters - Microsoft profit falls on sluggish Windows demand, tax charge - 19 hours 10 min ago
- Naked Capitalism - Tax Haven USA: The Vortex-Shaped Hole in Global Financial Transparency - 5 hours 35 min ago
- DailyFinance - Stop Obama From Taxing 529 College Savings Accounts - 7 hours 51 min ago
- NY Post - Congress now in favor of private equity tax raise: source - 10 hours 17 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Yahoo Q4 2014 Preview: Looking For Tax Efficiency; Mobile/Search Near-Term Catalysts - 18 hours 59 min ago
Greek market spirals as clash with creditors looms
Indiatimes - 4 hours 26 min ago
Greek markets endured second day of turmoil after elections resulted in anti-bailout government that looks set on collision course with country's creditors.
- BBC - Greece debt repayment 'unrealistic' - 13 hours 50 min ago
- Sydney Morning Herald - Markets Live: Greece lightning - 18 hours 46 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Morning MoneyBeat Asia: Markets Take Greek Election in Stride - 9 hours 18 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Greek Elections: Plus Ca Meme Chose - 10 hours 10 min ago
- The Economist - The Greek Revolt - 16 hours 24 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Greek debt reduction 'not on radar': European Commission chief - 19 hours 41 min ago
- Reuters Video - Markets shrug off Greek elections and snowstorm - 15 hours 35 min ago
DealBook: Dentons to Merge With Dacheng of China to Create World’s Largest Law Firm
New York Times - 4 hours 39 min ago
The new firm, with more than 6,500 lawyers in more than 50 countries, aims to take advantage of China’s growing economic heft and the increasing number of deals being made overseas by its companies.
- China Daily - China's growth at 24-year low, further easing expected - 8 hours 21 min ago
- Indiatimes - China says industrial sector under pressure - 13 hours 39 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Loaded Long Johns: What This Central Bankers Undergarments Has to Do with China's Economy - 2 hours 22 sec ago
- BusinessInsider - India Is About To Bump China As The World's Most Exciting Emerging-Market Growth Story - 2 hours 53 min ago
EU weighs more sanctions on Russia
BBC - 5 hours 21 min ago
EU leaders ask their foreign ministers to consider imposing further sanctions on Russia in response to the continued fighting in Ukraine.
- Indiatimes - EU foreign ministers to consider new sanction against Russia - 7 hours 10 min ago
- New York Times - S.&P. Cuts Russian Debt One Notch to Junk Level - 17 hours 3 min ago
Facebook - lessons from the panic
BBC - 5 hours 21 min ago
Disrupted services from Facebook, Instagram and other social networks were the result of system error, not hackers.
- Reuters - Facebook says to blame for temporary outages of its sites - 6 hours 47 min ago
- New York Times - Bits Blog: Malfunction Interrupts Facebook Access Briefly - 6 hours 55 min ago
- BBC - Facebook suffers widespread outage - 8 hours 56 min ago
- Sydney Morning Herald - Social media outages: Facebook, Instagram and Tinder back online - 9 hours 27 min ago
- AP - Facebook suffers outage affecting users worldwide - 9 hours 51 min ago
- TechCrunch - Facebook Continues To Dominate Social Logins, Expands Lead To 61% Market Share - 51 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Snapchat Is Launching A New Feature That Will Make It A Bigger Threat To Facebook (FB) - 1 hour 5 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Facebook: Why I Went Long Headed Into Earnings - 1 hour 28 min ago
- Zacks - Will Investors Like Facebook (FB) Earnings this Season? - Analyst Blog - 1 hour 51 min ago
- DailyFinance - 3 Reasons the Market May Like Facebook's Report - 7 hours 51 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Report: Turkish Court Bans Facebook Pages 'Insulting' to Mohammad - 19 hours 6 min ago
Oil Prices Whipsaw After OPEC Comment
Wall Street Journal - 5 hours 27 min ago
Oil prices whipsawed between gains and losses as market participants weighed relatively bullish comments by the head of OPEC against weak fundamentals showing little evidence of improving.
- Sydney Morning Herald - OPEC says prices oil may have hit bottom - 12 hours 8 min ago
- Reuters - Oil steadies after OPEC says prices may have bottomed - 14 hours 46 min ago
Tencent Holdings, Alibaba Group lead China's most valuable brands: Report
Indiatimes - 5 hours 28 min ago
Tencent Holdings Ltd and Alibaba Group Holding Ltd have become China's most valuable brands after beating state firms for the first time, a report said.
- China Daily - Alibaba invests in O2O startup Visualead - 6 hours 21 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - Alibaba Pictures Expects Loss, Actress Buys Stake - 9 hours 35 min ago
- TechCrunch - Alibaba Affiliate Ant Credit Launches $80M Financing Program For Female Entrepreneurs In China - 6 hours 34 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Alibaba FY3Q15 Preview: Buy Ahead Of Result - 8 hours 55 min ago
- Reuters Video - Yahoo may be too much for Alibaba to swallow - 7 hours 39 min ago
New Greek PM Tsipras to unveil anti-austerity government
Indiatimes - 5 hours 30 min ago
Tsipras, who has vowed to reverse many of the belt-tightening measures that Greece's creditors insisted on, must decide whether to prolong the deadline.
- Indiatimes - New Greek leader set to unveil anti-austerity government - 10 hours 20 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Greek's Choose Anti-Austerity And Global Rally Marches On - 9 hours 23 min ago
S&P cut Russia credit rating 'on Washington's orders'
Indiatimes - 5 hours 44 min ago
"The fact that this step has been taken now is not surprising: by strange coincidence it came during a fresh spike in anti-Russian hysteria," Nebenzya added.
- BBC - Russia's credit rating cut to junk - 17 hours 39 min ago
- The Guardian - The junk credit rating club: which countries join Russia at the bottom? - 4 hours 16 min ago
Spice to set up mobile manufacturing plant in UP
Indiatimes - 6 hours 22 min ago
The group has signed an Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the government of Uttar Pradesh for setting up the manufacturing unit in the state.
- Indiatimes - Panasonic to start acid battery manufacturing in India - 7 hours 44 min ago
Exclusive: Apple supplier Foxconn to shrink workforce as sales growth stalls
Reuters - 6 hours 22 min ago
SHENZHEN, China (Reuters) - Taiwan's Foxconn Technology Group, the world's largest contract electronics manufacturer, will cut its massive workforce, the company told Reuters, as the Apple Inc supplier faces declining revenue growth and rising wages in China.
- Indiatimes - Apple ropes in distribution giant Brightstar for India sales - 10 hours 15 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Apple Beats Its Biggest Rivals In China To Become The Top Smartphone Maker For The First Time (AAPL) - 1 hour 26 min ago
- TechCrunch - Apple Tops Smartphone Shipments In China For The First Time, Says Canalys - 1 hour 30 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Apple's Whisper Number Showing Confidence - 1 hour 40 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Apple Pay Has People Breaking Out Their (Mobile) Wallets - 16 hours 59 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - What to Expect Beyond Apple Earnings: iPhone 6, Watch and More - 21 hours 50 min ago
Price cuts for crucial Microsoft products eroded holiday-season profit
Indiatimes - 6 hours 32 min ago
The company said net income fell during the last three months of the year as Microsoft cut prices in its Windows and Xbox businesses.
- Indiatimes - Microsoft's shifts gears, focuses on cloud transition - 13 hours 34 min ago
- Sydney Morning Herald - Sluggish Windows sales still hurting Microsoft profit - 13 hours 58 min ago
- Reuters - Microsoft profit falls on sluggish Windows, currency pressure - 14 hours 48 min ago
- BBC - Microsoft quarterly profits fall - 18 hours 25 min ago
- New York Times - Microsoft Profit Dropped in 2nd Quarter - 18 hours 48 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - Microsoft's Profits Fall On Higher Costs - 18 hours 58 min ago
- Zero Hedge - "Paid To Wait"? Microsoft Tumbles 10%, Destroys 4 Years Of Dividend Gains - 2 hours 7 min ago
- Wall Street Pit - Morning Buzz: Silicon Image, Inc. (SIMG), Microsoft (MSFT), SeaDrill Limited (SDRL), ProShares (SQQQ) - 2 hours 8 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Microsoft Is Crashing After Analysts Downgrade The Stock Thanks To Rough Earnings (MSFT) - 2 hours 46 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: ADT, Microsoft, 3D Systems, Tesla, Yelp and More - 3 hours 41 min ago
- Morningstar - Microsoft's Transition Remains on Track - 10 hours 51 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Microsoft Courts Data Scientists with Revolution Analytics Buy - 11 hours 21 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Microsoft's (MSFT) CEO Satya Nadella on Q2 2015 Results - Earnings Call Transcript - 11 hours 58 min ago
- Time Business - Why Microsoft Is Making Less Money From Windows - 14 hours 29 min ago
- TechCrunch - Here’s What You Need To Know From Microsoft’s $26B Quarter - 15 hours 43 min ago
- Zacks - Microsoft Beats on Q2 Earnings, Sales - Analyst Blog - 18 hours 21 min ago
Novartis profits jump 12 per cent on new drug sales
Indiatimes - 6 hours 36 min ago
During 2014, the Basel-based company said its net profit rose to $12.7 billion, while sales rose one per cent year-on-year to $57.9 billion.
- Wall Street Journal - Novartis Upbeat Despite Weaker Profit - 9 hours 4 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Novartis AG (NVS) Q4 2014 Results - Earnings Call Webcast - 3 hours 56 min ago
- Zacks - Novartis (NVS) Beats on Earnings & Revenues - Tale of the Tape - 8 hours 4 min ago
Siemens Quarterly Profit Down 25% on Weak Economy and Lower Oil Prices
New York Times - 7 hours 14 min ago
The German engineering and electronics company said profit in the fiscal first quarter fell to $1.23 billion, and that it may have to cut jobs to reduce costs.
- Indiatimes - Siemens confirms 2015 outlook, first quarter in line with expectations - 8 hours 6 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - Siemens Hurt by Weak European Economy - 9 hours 22 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Siemens' CEO Josef Kaeser on Q1 2015 Results - Earnings Call Transcript - 2 hours 53 min ago
DealBook: Aer Lingus Receptive to Latest Offer From British Airways Parent
New York Times - 7 hours 21 min ago
The Irish carrier had previously rejected two takeover offers late last year from the International Consolidated Airlines Group.
- Indiatimes - Irish carrier Aer Lingus accepts IAG takeover bid - 8 hours 48 min ago
- BBC - Aer Lingus 'willing' to agree IAG bid - 9 hours 3 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Irish carrier Aer Lingus accepts takeover bid from IAG - 9 hours 33 min ago
- The Guardian - Aer Lingus considers improved offer from IAG - 21 hours 33 min ago
China's real estate investment growth slows in 2014
China Daily - 9 hours 21 min ago
A property construction site in Nanjing, capital of Jiangsu province. [Photo provided to China Daily] BEIJING - China's real estate investment continued to grow in 2014 but at a much slower pace than the previous year, marking increasing pressure on the overheated sector, offic ...
- Sydney Morning Herald - Ryde real estate's bumper year - 11 hours 1 min ago
Oil price too low for everybody: Saudi Aramco chief
Indiatimes - 9 hours 21 min ago
Khalid al-Falih also said American shale oil production is important for the world's long-term energy future.
- Sydney Morning Herald - AllianceBernstein’s Vadim Zlotnikov predicts steady oil price rebound - 19 hours 26 min ago
- Indiatimes - Global oil prices likely to stay relatively low : Biden - 19 hours 47 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Oil Prices Changing the Face of Global Geopolitics - 4 hours 56 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - EOG Resources: Eagle Ford Key To Surviving Low Oil Prices - 6 hours 10 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Why Oil Prices Will Be "Lower For Longer" In 3 Simple Charts - 20 hours 13 min ago
IMF to continue Greece support after vote
Sydney Morning Herald - 20 hours 28 min ago
The International Monetary Fund says it is prepared to continue its financial support of Greece, a day after an election swept in the leftist, anti-austerity party Syriza.
- Indiatimes - IMF set to continue support Greece after election - 20 hours 43 min ago