Business News - The Last 24 HoursEU steps up fight against tax evasion by end 2013
Indiatimes - 53 min 6 sec ago
The European Union's leaders took a major step in tackling tax-dodgers Wednesday by pushing to end bank secrecy across the bloc's 27 members
- BusinessWeek - Is the Online Sales Tax Bill's Fate Tied to What 'Small Seller' Means? - 2 hours 21 min ago
- Sydney Morning Herald - Hockey plays it cool on chances of any tax cuts - 3 hours 9 min ago
- BBC - Lennon lyrics donated for tax relief - 4 hours 46 min ago
- New York Times - European Union Leaders Meet on Tax Avoidance - 5 hours 42 min ago
- Indiatimes - EU leaders discuss fight against tax evasion - 6 hours 7 min ago
- Reuters - Tax official at center of scandal won't testify: lawyer - 19 hours 42 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Art Dealer is Charged in Income-Tax Case - 22 min 57 sec ago
- The Guardian - EU tax summit backs US-led drive to tackle banking secrecy - 1 hour 40 min ago
- Reuters Video - Techquity: Taxing time for tech, Amazon aims for fan fiction - 2 hours 5 min ago
- WSJ Video - Why the IRS Scandal Is Good for Tax Cheats - 4 hours 59 min ago
Former Yahoo exe Shashi to head Tribune digital
Indiatimes - 1 hour 6 min ago
Former Yahoo executive Shashi Seth has joined Tribune to lead its digital ventures as the company seeks new revenue sources.
- BusinessWeek - Yahoo! Swears It Isn't Going to Screw Up Tumblr—but How Realistic Is That Promise? - 2 hours 12 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Yahoo Wades Into Social Media With Tumblr - 8 min 12 sec ago
- TechCrunch - Tribune Confirms Former Yahoo Exec Shashi Seth Will Lead Its Newly-Formed Digital Ventures Unit - 2 hours 59 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Early Tumblr Investors USV And Spark Capital Got ~ $192 Million Each From Yahoo Sale - 4 hours 50 min ago
- MarketWatch - John Shinal's Tech Investor: Yahoo’s Tumblr buy is a high-stakes gamble - 9 hours 8 min ago
- Zacks - Yahoo to Open Office in Times Square - Analyst Blog - 21 hours 19 min ago
Facebook joins Web freedom group
Indiatimes - 1 hour 14 min ago
Facebook today became a full member of the Global Network Initiative, a non-govt organisation promoting Internet freedom and privacy rights.
- Indiatimes - Facebook more of a 'social burden' for teens - 7 hours 17 min ago
- Sydney Morning Herald - In your Facebook: Eminem reminds Zuckerberg who's boss - 15 hours 18 min ago
- DailyFinance - Pandora Expands Facebook Sharing - 4 hours 53 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Why Candy Crush Is The Number One Game On Facebook And The iPhone - 5 hours 47 min ago
Wal-Mart Hires Hill & Knowlton Executive
New York Times - 1 hour 48 min ago
The company hired Dan Bartlett, who had been chief executive of the U.S. arm of the global public relations firm Hill & Knowlton, to be vice president of corporate affairs.
- Wall Street Journal - Wal-Mart Hires Dan Bartlett - 3 hours 33 min ago
- DailyFinance - Should You Boycott Walmart and Gap Over Factory Worker Safety? - 15 hours 9 min ago
KKR Eyes Saks-Neiman Merger
Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 50 min ago
KKR weighing an investment in Saks, possibly with an eye toward merging the high-end department store with rival Neiman Marcus, according to a person familiar with the matter.
- Wall Street Journal - Last-Second Options Bet on Saks Raises Questions - 3 hours 36 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Saks Rumors Make No Sense; Neither Does Its Share Price - 11 hours 7 min ago
- DailyFinance - Market Minute: Saks Weighs Selling Itself; Sony Considers Big Move - 11 hours 19 min ago
- NY Post - Saks hires Sachs, eyes possible sale - 15 hours 44 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Saks Jumps on Report it May be Up for Sale - 16 hours 25 min ago
Inside Google's Secret Lab
BusinessWeek - 2 hours 10 min ago
Google X, home to the self-driving car and Google Glass, is the search giant's factory for scientific bets that require generous amounts of capital and massive leaps of faith
- BBC - PM hails tax deal amid Google row - 3 hours 2 min ago
- Indiatimes - UK opposition leader says Google tax behaviour "wrong" - 20 hours 13 min ago
- The Guardian - Google's Eric Schmidt believes one company is an island - 19 min 9 sec ago
- AllThingsD - Next Up for Google X, Airborne Wind Turbines: Google Acquires Makani Power - 56 min 57 sec ago
- Seeking Alpha - Forget Apple, Google Is The Tax Avoidance Elephant In The Room - 1 hour 7 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Google Bought A Company That Collects Wind Power From Airborne Turbines 2,000 Feet Above Ground (GOOG) - 1 hour 11 min ago
- TechCrunch - Google X Acquires Makani Power And Its Airborne Wind Turbines - 1 hour 26 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Google: It’s Just Not Cricket! - 9 hours 51 min ago
The new consoles from Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony
Sydney Morning Herald - 2 hours 23 min ago
Microsoft is the last of the three big video game console makers to unveil its latest gaming system. The unveiling comes nearly eight years after the Xbox 360 went on sale. It follows last fall's debut of Nintendo's Wii U and a preview in February of the upcoming PlayStation 4 from Sony.
- Indiatimes - Microsoft's new Xbox faces wider range of competition - 12 hours 19 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Apple Must Counter The Intel-Microsoft Threat - 8 min 12 sec ago
- AllThingsD - Microsoft Creates "Yammer North" in Redmond to Learn New Software Tricks - 1 hour 1 min ago
- Zacks - MLS Adopts Microsoft's Windows 8 - Analyst Blog - 2 hours 49 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Microsoft To Hire Thousands... In China - 4 hours 59 min ago
- DailyFinance - Microsoft Names Perficient Country Partner of the Year for the United States - 6 hours 52 min ago
- The Guardian - Xbox One unveiled by Microsoft – video - 10 hours 45 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Steven Spielberg Teams Up With Microsoft For a Halo TV Series - 19 hours 8 min ago
- TechCrunch - New Xbox Fails To Woo Investors As Microsoft Stock Dips And Sony Shoots Up 9% - 21 hours 53 min ago
- Reuters Video - Microsoft unveils Xbox One - 22 hours 6 min ago
Bernanke signals Fed to maintain stimulus efforts
AP - 2 hours 39 min ago
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Chairman Ben Bernanke told Congress Wednesday that the U.S. job market remains weak and that it is too soon for the Federal Reserve to slow its extraordinary stimulus programs....
- New York Times - Fed Stimulus Still Needed to Help Recovery, Bernanke Says - 5 hours 21 min ago
- Reuters - Bernanke offers no hint of pullback in Fed stimulus - 5 hours 22 min ago
- NY Post - Bernanke says it's too soon for Fed to end stimulus programs - 2 hours 25 min ago
- The Guardian - Fed chairman Ben Bernanke: stimulus programme not creating 'bubbles' - 3 hours 10 min ago
- DailyFinance - Bernanke Signals Fed Will Keep Stimulus in Place - 9 hours 14 min ago
How Much of a Dove Is Bernanke, Really?
BusinessWeek - 2 hours 44 min ago
The Fed chairman shows no sign of accelerating efforts to stimulate the economy even though it's growing below the Fed's target and inflation is low
- Indiatimes - US stocks surge as Bernanke retains dovish tone - 3 hours 12 min ago
- BBC - Bernanke hails benefits of stimulus - 5 hours 10 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - Futures Up Ahead of Bernanke - 9 hours 34 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Bernanke Signaling The Fed's Power To Control The Economy Is Waning - 8 min 12 sec ago
- Economist's View - Bernanke's Leadership a Critical Factor for Fed Policy - 27 min 49 sec ago
- Mike Shedlock - Bernanke's Semi-Annual Tap-Dance of Distortions, Half-truths, Lies, and Hypocrisy to U.S. Congress - 1 hour 19 min ago
- Wall Street Pit - Bernanke Says No Change for Now - 2 hours 3 min ago
- Time Business - Bernanke’s Dilemma: No Good Moves Left - 2 hours 40 min ago
- MarketWatch - MarketWatch First Take: How Bernanke blew it - 3 hours 43 min ago
- The Guardian - FTSE 100 moves closer to all time high after Bernanke comments - 4 hours 13 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Bernanke "No Tapering"; Silver Goes Up and Down Again - 5 hours 2 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Bernanke Comment Spooks The Markets, Rally Gets Halved - 5 hours 24 min ago
- DailyFinance - How Ben Bernanke Ruined the Dow's Good Day - 5 hours 34 min ago
- FT Alphaville - Bernanke’s testimony to the Joint Economic Committee - 5 hours 50 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Ben Bernanke Pushes Out End of Bond Tapering and End of Quantitative Easing - 5 hours 54 min ago
- Minyanville - Pre-Market Primer: Bernanke Goes to the Hill; FOMC Minutes On Tap - 7 hours 24 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Europe's Morning MoneyBeat: Bernanke Tops The Bill - 8 hours 40 min ago
- Reuters Video - Bernanke: policy still benefiting economy - 2 hours 28 min ago
- WSJ Video - With Bernanke Testimony, Less Fear for Gold Bugs - 4 hours 49 min ago
IMF says Britain 'a long way' from recovery
Indiatimes - 3 hours 33 sec ago
IMF said that Britain was a long way from a "sustainable recovery", and called for the government to boost infrastructure spending.
- BBC - IMF says time to take stock - 6 hours 19 min ago
- Indiatimes - IMF urges Britain to do more to boost growth - 8 hours 54 min ago
- The Guardian - George Osborne warned by IMF that cuts 'pose headwinds' to growth - 1 hour 15 min ago
- FT Alphaville - Swiss negativity, free lunches and the IMF - 9 hours 36 min ago
- Reuters Video - IMF's growth warning to Britain - 4 hours 4 min ago
Did Apple Pare Its Tax Bill With a 'Double Irish?'
BusinessWeek - 3 hours 39 sec ago
Neither the company nor the Senate investigative report says it did, but the ingredients were all present
- Wall Street Journal - Apple CEO, Lawmakers Square Off Over Taxes - 7 hours 39 min ago
- Indiatimes - How companies can copy Apple's strategy to cut taxes - 13 hours 52 min ago
- Sydney Morning Herald - Apple's tax minimisation laid bare - 14 hours 32 min ago
- Reuters - Apple CEO makes no apology for company's tax strategy - 16 hours 8 min ago
- New York Times - High & Low Finance: One Response to Apple Tax Strategy May Be to Copy It - 19 hours 42 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Apple Bonds In ETFs: If, When And How? - 8 min 12 sec ago
- WSJ Blogs - The Morning Ledger: Apple and Lawmakers Square Off Over Taxes - 4 hours 34 min ago
- DailyFinance - Move Over, Apple: 16 More U.S. Companies Stashing Billions Overseas - 5 hours 19 min ago
- AllThingsD - Apple's Made-in-USA Mac Will Be Built in Texas - 7 hours 8 min ago
- Minyanville - Apple: Stock Charts Show It May Be Ready for a Reaction Rally - 7 hours 14 min ago
- BusinessInsider - 21 Ways Switching To Apple Made My Life Harder (AAPL) - 19 hours 5 min ago
- MarketWatch Video - Apple Tax Case Is Toxic Political Issue - 13 hours 11 min ago
Wall Street rises as concern eases over Fed tapering
Indiatimes - 4 hours 35 min ago
US stocks rose, giving up some gains after an initial rally, after Bernanke said the central bank needed to see further signs of traction in the economy.
- New York Times - Wall Street Jumps as Bernanke Testifies - 5 hours 39 min ago
- BusinessInsider - The First Jobs Of 13 Wall Street Titans - 3 hours 57 min ago
- Zacks - Will Bernanke Show His Hand? - Ahead of Wall Street - 5 hours 37 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Wall Street Breakfast: Must-Know News - 8 hours 8 min ago
- Reuters Video - Dudley's the dude who lifts Wall Street - 21 hours 49 min ago
US home sales tick up to highest in 3 1/2 years
AP - 4 hours 39 min ago
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Sales of previously occupied U.S. homes ticked up last month to the highest level in three and a half years, helped by a jump in the number of houses for sale....
- Indiatimes - US home sales tick up to highest in 3 years - 5 hours 4 min ago
- New York Times - Existing-Home Sales Rose in April - 5 hours 21 min ago
- Reuters - Existing home sales highest in almost three-and-a-half years - 5 hours 25 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Existing Home Sales Report: April 2013 - 2 hours 8 min ago
- DailyFinance - Home Sales Up, Inventory Still Limited - 4 hours 19 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Higher Prices Slow Home Sales in April - 5 hours 43 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Existing Home Sales Rise 0.6%, Missing Expectations - 6 hours 6 min ago
Boeing says 787 battery retrofits by next week
Indiatimes - 4 hours 48 min ago
Boeing Co is 90 percent finished with retrofits of the battery system on its 787 Dreamliner and should finish the rest by next week.
- Indiatimes - Boeing defense chief sees rising R&D, margins - 5 hours 50 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Boeing, Google Among Top Hedge Fund Holdings - 8 hours 38 min ago
Temasek buys ICBC shares from Goldman Sachs
China Daily - 5 hours 7 min ago
Temasek Holdings Ltd, an Asian investment firm headquartered in Singapore, increased its stake in Hong Kong-listed Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) from 6.71 to 7.04 percent. This is the third time in a year that it has increased its stake and coincides with Goldman Sachs Group Inc. ex ...
- Indiatimes - Merck signs $5 bn share buyback agreement with Goldman - 14 hours 8 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Praxair Inc. Presents at Goldman Sachs Basic Materials Conference 2013, May-22-2013 12:35 PM - 1 hour 7 min ago
- Zacks - Goldman to Buy Keppel REIT Stake - Analyst Blog - 21 hours 39 min ago
Gold edges higher on good retail demand; silver rallies
Indiatimes - 6 hours 40 min ago
Gold prices advanced further at the domestic bullion market today due to sustained local buying support as well as robust seasonal off-take.
- Indiatimes - Gold prices slip on profit-selling; silver gains - 9 hours 39 min ago
Credit rating firms sow doubt on euro zone bond rally
Indiatimes - 6 hours 43 min ago
Credit rating firms say they could further downgrade the ratings of highly indebted euro zone countries, putting their bonds at risk.
- Indiatimes - Weak luxury goods stocks weigh on European shares - 11 hours 21 min ago
- BusinessInsider - CITI: Good News, We No Longer Think Greece Will Exit The Eurozone - 1 hour 13 min ago
- The Guardian - Italian machines reject euro - 1 hour 24 min ago
- Reuters Video - Europe Day Ahead: Euro zone seen improving...but not by much - 5 hours 39 min ago
'High risk' of deeper Cyprus recession: Central bank
Indiatimes - 7 hours 49 min ago
Cyprus's central bank governor said on Wednesday the country's teetering economy could fall deeper into recession than previously thought.
- Indiatimes - Millions falling into poverty in recession-racked Italy - 10 hours 22 min ago
- Reuters - Millions falling into poverty in recession-racked Italy: report - 11 hours 7 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Recession in Italy Doubles Its Deprived Population - 8 hours 53 min ago
Warner fined over Twitter comments
BBC - 8 hours 9 min ago
Batsman David Warner is fined for breaching Cricket Australia's code of behaviour over abusive Twitter posts.
- Sydney Morning Herald - Some sports stars really put the twit into Twitter - 11 hours 16 min ago
- AllThingsD - After Months of Hacks, Twitter Launches Heightened Security Features - 33 min 49 sec ago
- BusinessInsider - Twitter Just Added An Extra Layer Of Security To Prevent Your Account From Being Hacked - 38 min 8 sec ago
- TechCrunch - Twitter Ups Web Account Security With Optional Two-Factor Authentication Via SMS - 50 min 51 sec ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Facebook Use Falters Among Teens as Twitter Use Rises — Pew - 10 hours 28 min ago
IMF Warns on U.K. Austerity
Wall Street Journal - 8 hours 17 min ago
The International Monetary Fund urged the U.K. government to ease back on its austerity program to avoid inflicting long-term damage on the nation's growth prospects.
- BBC - IMF: UK austerity 'drag on growth' - 8 hours 48 min ago
- The Guardian - Austerity is a task for another day, IMF tells George Osborne - 1 hour 11 min ago
- MarketWatch - Darrell Delamaide's Political Capital: Abenomics could force Europe to drop austerity - 10 hours 8 min ago
Lloyds and RBS confident on capital
BBC - 8 hours 35 min ago
Lloyds Banking Group and Royal Bank of Scotland have both expressed confidence in their capital positions following an assessment by regulators.
- BBC - Lloyds and RBS 'won't be further nationalised' - 11 hours 48 min ago
- The Guardian - RBS bankers receive £2.7m in shares as bonus - 1 hour 38 min ago
DealBook: Sony Board Weighs Breakup Proposal
New York Times - 8 hours 59 min ago
Sony is considering a proposal from the American hedge fund Third Point to spin off part of its entertainment business but emphasized the discussions were preliminary and that the company had set no timetable for a response.
- Indiatimes - Sony mulls hedge fund's entertainment sale idea - 10 hours 51 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - Sony Cuts Games Outlook - 12 hours 39 min ago
- AllThingsD - Sony Board to Discuss Third Point Plan - 7 hours 38 min ago
- DailyFinance - Sony Entertains Mulling Activist's Spin-Off Idea - 13 hours 45 min ago
- Reuters Video - Sony entertains change over spin-off idea - 5 hours 55 min ago
- WSJ Video - Sony to Discuss Spinoff Proposal, and More - 6 hours 12 min ago
Plunge in UK retail sales points to fragile economy
Indiatimes - 9 hours 57 min ago
Sales of food plunged 4.1 per cent from March, the worst showing in almost two years.
- BBC - Bad weather hits retail sales again - 11 hours 19 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - BlackBerry Q10 Outselling Galaxy S4 At The Leading U.K. Retail Location - 1 hour 7 min ago
- The Guardian - UK retail sales slump as shoppers balk at higher prices and cold weather - 10 hours 10 min ago
- BusinessInsider - UK Reports Dismal Retail Sales - 11 hours 31 min ago
China's Li offers to help end Pakistan energy crisis
Reuters - 11 hours 25 min ago
ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - China and Pakistan should make cooperation on power generation a priority, Chinese Premier Li Keqiang said, as Islamabad seeks to end an energy crisis that triggers power cuts of up to 20 hours a day, bringing the economy to a near standstill.
Warren Buffett may be irreplaceable for Berkshire
Indiatimes - 12 hours ago
The ability to make acquisitions on favorable terms is a testament to Buffett’s personality and skills as a deal maker.
BOJ Leaves Policy Intact, Bond Market Volatile
Wall Street Journal - 12 hours 44 min ago
The Bank of Japan raised its assessment of the economy once again and stood pat on policy, showing confidence in its drastic easing program despite recent volatility in the bond market.
- Sydney Morning Herald - Bank of Japan holds steady despite bond turmoil, upgrades economic outlook - 14 hours 9 min ago
Oracle Fin OFS starts at Rs 2275; stock hits 52-wk low
Indiatimes - 14 hours 17 min ago
Oracle Financial slipped nearly 3% in morning trade to hit its 52-week low of Rs 2350, as the company launched its one-day OFS at a floor price of Rs 2275.
- Indiatimes - Oracle Financial to raise up to $181 mn through share sale - 16 hours 11 min ago
Japan posts worst April trade deficit
Indiatimes - 14 hours 35 min ago
Data from the finance ministry showed Japan incurred a trade deficit in April with the red-ink expanding a worse-than-expected 69.7 per cent.
- Wall Street Journal - Japan Posts Another Trade Deficit - 18 hours 36 min ago
- Zero Hedge - BoJ Ignores Worst April Trade Deficit Ever - Suggests "Economy Has Started Picking Up" - 16 hours 25 min ago
Japan Keeps Monetary Policy Steady
New York Times - 14 hours 50 min ago
Rising bond yields left the central bank with less room to maneuver as it injects money into the economy, analysts said.
- BusinessInsider - If Japan's Economy Recovers, It Could Settle One Of The Most Important Questions In All Of Economics - 10 hours 10 min ago