Business News - The Last 24 HoursStock connect to start in November
China Daily - 20 min 15 sec ago
Qi Bin, director of the international cooperation department at the CSRC [Photo/VCG] The long-awaited Shenzhen-Hong Kong Stock Connect is expected to start in mid-to late November, a move that makes it more likely that domestic stocks will be included in MSCI Inc's main benchma ...
- CNBC - The stock market sees Trump a lot closer to Clinton than do polls: Strategas - 8 hours 37 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - This Is the Quietest Stock Market in Decades - 56 min 17 sec ago
- BusinessInsider - America's stock market is slowing down - 3 hours 2 min ago
- NY Post - The stock market has some very bad news for Donald Trump - 6 hours 12 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Low-Volatility Stocks At Risk As Credit Cycle Ends, UBS Warns A Crash Is Coming - 7 hours 39 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Why Solid Consumer Confidence Is Not Good for Stocks - 8 hours 44 min ago
- Zacks - 4 Impressive Dividend Stocks with Over 3% Dividend Yield - 9 hours 3 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Lithium Stocks Continue To Lead The Entire Stock Market - 9 hours 18 min ago
- The Big Picture - Stock Markets Already Picked the Next U.S. President - 11 hours 20 min ago
EU demands Apple pays Ireland
China Daily - 20 min 15 sec ago
Workers prepare for the opening of an Apple store in Hangzhou, Zhejiang province. Photo / Agencies EU antitrust regulators ordered Apple on Tuesday to pay up to 13 billion euros ($14.5 billion) in taxes plus interest to the Irish government after ruling that a special scheme to ...
- CNBC - Apple ruling will scare investors away from EU, former commerce secretary says - 4 hours 40 min ago
- Reuters - Washington warns of strain on EU economic relationship after Apple ruling - 7 hours 20 min ago
- Indiatimes - Tim Cook hits back at EU tax; writes open letter to Apple fans - 9 hours 49 min ago
- BBC - Apple 'should repay Ireland 13bn euros' - 14 hours 28 min ago
- China Daily - Xiaomi suits up for a debut on Apple's home turf - 18 hours 20 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Forget The iPhone 7: Here's What Apple Investors Really Need To Focus On - 51 min 22 sec ago
- BusinessInsider - Apple's 'Shark Tank' for apps just signed up a top-tier Silicon Valley VC (AAPL) - 2 hours 22 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - After Apple Ruling, Amazon and McDonald's Are EU's Next Targets - 4 hours 1 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Boeing, Apple Sink DJIA Tuesday - 4 hours 18 min ago
- Time Business - Apple Is Being Sued Over iPhone ‘Touch Disease’ - 7 hours 16 min ago
- TechCrunch - Somebody at Apple thought the reality show ‘Planet of the Apps’ really needed Jessica Alba - 7 hours 36 min ago
- Kiplinger - Apple iPhone 6 Touch Disease Reports Surging - 20 hours 20 min ago
- Reuters Video - Apple weighs on Wall Street - 3 hours 27 min ago
China to build 40 manufacturing innovation centers by 2025
China Daily - 20 min 15 sec ago
A Chinese worker assembles a new energy car on the assembly line at an auto plant in Zouping county, East China's Shandong province, Dec 16, 2014. [Photo / IC] BEIJING - China will set up around 40 national manufacturing innovation centers by 2025, the Ministry of Industry and Infor ...
- Indiatimes - China to build 40 manufacturing innovation centres by 2025 - 9 hours 7 min ago
US slams EU, but Apple tax demand first issued in Washington
Indiatimes - 1 hour 16 min ago
It was a US Senate report in May 2013 revealing the tech giant's deal with the Irish govt to rule a big slice of its global earnings untaxable that prompted the European Commission to launch its own inquiries the following month.
- CNBC - Breakingviews: Apple makes for an easier target than tax fairness - 3 hours 4 min ago
- BBC - Europe's 'unfair' Apple tax ruling sparks US anger - 5 hours 52 min ago
- AP - A look at companies the EU is chasing for back taxes - 7 hours 20 min ago
- CNN - How Apple paid just 0.005% tax on its global profits - 8 hours 11 min ago
- Indiatimes - Apple's $14.5 billion EU tax ruling: What you need to know - 9 hours 48 min ago
- France24 - Apple ordered to repay Ireland record €13 billion over undue tax benefits - 14 hours 10 min ago
- New York Times - Apple Must Repay Billions for Tax Breaks in Ireland, E.U. Says - 14 hours 30 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Paul Krugman weighs in on the Apple tax debate - 1 hour 22 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Apple Owes Ireland $14.5 Billion? How This And Other Similar Tax Disputes Will Play Out - 3 hours 56 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - AM Roundup: Apple Hit With $14.5 Billion Tax Bill - 3 hours 58 min ago
- Zero Hedge - After Its "Predatory Tax Grab", Europe Prepares Crackdown On Amazon, McDonald's - 6 hours 1 min ago
- Time Business - Apple Versus the EU Is the Biggest Tax Battle in History - 8 hours 47 min ago
- Morningstar - Apple Remains Fundamentally Undervalued After Tax Hit - 8 hours 50 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Why Merrill Lynch Sees Apple’s EU and Irish Tax Woes Blowing Over - 9 hours 24 min ago
- Zacks - Apple To Pay Tax Bill - 9 hours 59 min ago
- SCMP - EU slaps Apple with record €13b tax bill it must pay to Ireland - 10 hours 59 min ago
- Wall Street Pit - Apple (AAPL) Fined With Europe’s Largest Tax Penalty Ever - 11 hours 24 min ago
- NY Post - Apple told to pay Ireland $14.5B after getting illegal tax benefits - 12 hours 14 min ago
- TechCrunch - Apple ordered to pay up to $14.5 billion for illegal tax benefits in Ireland - 14 hours 18 min ago
- FT Alphaville - FirstFT – Apple’s big tax bill, China’s oil majors scale back and the future of ‘NYLon’ - 19 hours 17 min ago
- WSJ Video - EU Apple Tax Ruling Puts Multinationals in Focus - 1 hour 56 min ago
- Reuters Video - EU could go after more U.S. companies on taxes - analyst - 6 hours 3 min ago
- CNN Video - Apple's $14.6B tax bill explained - 7 hours 5 min ago
- MarketWatch Video - Apple Ordered to Pay $14.5 Billion Irish Tax Bill - 9 hours 37 min ago
David's Bridal says its CEO has stepped down
AP - 1 hour 20 min ago
NEW YORK (AP) -- David's Bridal says its CEO Pam Wallack has left the company and chairman Paul Pressler will replace her....
- China Daily - CEO Q&A – Ton Büchner of AkzoNobel - 7 hours 50 min ago
- Indiatimes - GST, reforms to boost India's growth: Arun Jaitley to US CEOs - 11 hours 3 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Alimentation Couche-Tard's (ANCUF) CEO Brian Hannasch on Q1 2017 Results - Earnings Call Transcript - 1 hour 2 min ago
- BusinessInsider - This high-powered CEO has an intense workout regimen that fuels his success - 6 hours 26 min ago
- Zacks - Fred's Inc (FRED) Appoints Michael Bloom as its New CEO - 9 hours 47 min ago
- NY Post - Apple CEO Tim Cook blasts EU’s demand for $14.5B in taxes - 10 hours 23 min ago
- Time Business - Read Apple CEO Tim Cook’s Response to Europe’s Tax Ruling - 11 hours 5 min ago
- TechCrunch - Apple CEO Tim Cook: $14.5 billion EU tax bill has ‘no basis in fact or in law’ - 11 hours 49 min ago
- WSJ Video - Adidas CEO Herbert Hainer: How I Work - 9 hours 30 min ago
Google Broadens Car-Pooling Project, Casting Shadow on Uber
New York Times - 1 hour 33 min ago
Waze Carpool’s move into San Francisco is just the latest volley as Google and Uber encroach on each other’s territory.
- Wall Street Journal - Google Takes on Uber With New Ride-Share Service - 4 hours 27 min ago
- CNBC - Google's Waze to expand Uber-like ride-sharing service in San Francisco: Report - 4 hours 32 min ago
- Reuters - Google's cloud close to winning PayPal business - CNBC - 9 hours 32 min ago
- Wall Street Pit - Google-owned Platform Takes on Facebook, Snapchat - 1 hour 13 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Google's login page has a fault that hackers could use to trick you out of your password - 1 hour 50 min ago
- TechCrunch - A few dozen Nest Labs employees just headed to Google; here’s why - 3 hours 27 min ago
- Time Business - Google Is About to Take On Uber in a Big Way - 3 hours 46 min ago
- WSJ Video - Google Launching Uber-Like Service Through Waze - 2 hours 8 min ago
AstraZeneca to pay $5.52 million to resolve SEC foreign bribery case
Reuters - 1 hour 48 min ago
NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. regulators said on Tuesday that AstraZeneca Plc will pay $5.52 million to resolve a foreign bribery probe into improper payments by its sales and marketing staff to officials at state-controlled health care providers in China and Russia.
- AP - SEC: Former Monsanto exec to get $22.5M as whistleblower - 3 hours 20 min ago
- CNBC - SEC awards $22 million to Monsanto whistleblower - 3 hours 48 min ago
- Reuters - SEC awards $22 million to Monsanto whistleblower - 4 hours 58 min ago
- CNN - Whistleblower lands a $22 million payday from SEC - 7 hours 4 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - SEC Issues $22 Million Whistleblower Award - 2 hours 8 min ago
- Zacks - Morningstar Unit Gets SEC Nod for Corporate Debt Rating - 9 hours 46 min ago
Traders pick airlines as sector climbs
CNBC - 1 hour 56 min ago
The US Global Jets ETF gained 2.1 percent on Tuesday as United and American shares climbed 8.6 percent and 2.4 percent, respectively.
- China Daily - Currency hit proves drag on airlines - 21 hours 20 min ago
- BBC - American Airlines boss moves to rival United - 22 hours 34 min ago
- BusinessInsider - American Airlines just broke up one of best management teams in modern airline history (AAL, UAL) - 4 hours 29 min ago
- Zacks - Southwest Airlines (LUV) Pilots Agree on Tentative Contract - 12 hours 38 min ago
India to use tech prowess to cement ties with the Arab world
Indiatimes - 2 hours 9 min ago
Cairo is also keen to learn from India’s expertise in the IT sector and Sisi's visit could give a boost to such cooperation amid drive by his government to modernize Egypt’s economy.
- Indiatimes - India to play key role for peace in oceans: Singapore diplomat - 14 hours 3 min ago
EU ruling on Apple stirs calls for US tax reform
Indiatimes - 2 hours 42 min ago
The White House warned that US-EU economic relations could be affected by the ruling that Apple had received illegal state aid.
- BBC - US consumers expect economy will keep improving - 8 hours 37 min ago
- AP - US consumer confidence in August highest in 11 months - 9 hours 50 min ago
- China Daily - China remains largest contributor to global growth, US expert says - 15 hours 50 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Why Millennials Can't & Won't Grow The US Out Of Trouble - 10 hours 33 min ago
Alphabet's Nest said to face restructuring months after co-founder's departure
CNBC - 2 hours 46 min ago
Alphabet's pressured internet-of-things company Nest will undergo a reorganization, Fortune reported on Tuesday.
- New York Times - Uber and Alphabet’s Rivalry Heats Up as Director Chooses Sides - 22 hours 37 min ago
- CNBC - Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition - 23 hours 22 min ago
- BusinessInsider - A big part of the Alphabet-owned Nest team is being moved back to Google (GOOG, GOOGL) - 4 hours 25 min ago
- Zacks - Alphabet (GOOGL) Executive Resigns from Uber's Board - 9 hours 3 min ago
Zach Braff to star in pilot about a podcast startup
CNN - 2 hours 57 min ago
ABC is bringing a popular podcast to the small screen for a potential comedy series starring actor Zach Braff.
- China Daily - China Aviation startups and innovation showcased at forum - 14 hours 50 min ago
- BusinessInsider - The CEO of a successful startup shares 5 research-backed ways he boosts his productivity - 4 hours 23 min ago
- TechCrunch - Startup accused of scamming employees scrubs its online presence - 6 hours 16 min ago
Airbus on course for record deliveries in August: Executive
Indiatimes - 3 hours 36 min ago
Fabrice Bregier said Airbus had hit a crucial target of six A350 deliveries this month.
- Reuters - Airbus on course for record deliveries in August: CEO - 5 hours 10 min ago
Shkreli ditches KaloBios shares for multi-million dollar payout
CNBC - 4 hours 30 sec ago
His shares were valued at more than $5.93 million in all. He bought them for more than $3.26 million. USA Today reports.
- CNN - Martin Shkreli scores $3 million payday - 6 hours 21 min ago
- NY Post - Martin Shkreli sells remaining stock in former company - 23 hours 22 min ago
US surgeon general: Recent Mylan price increase "runs counter" to health efforts
CNBC - 4 hours 3 min ago
The U.S. Surgeon General told CNBC he was "deeply disturbed" when he heard about Mylan's price increase of its device EpiPen.
- Reuters - EpiPen maker Mylan hires banks for debut euro bond - 12 hours 3 min ago
- BusinessInsider - In just 2 minutes Paul Krugman destroyed the biggest criticisms of EpiPen-maker Mylan - 1 hour 22 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Senators See 'Shell Game' in EpiPen Maker Mylan's Bid to Ease Access to Allergy Drug - 7 hours 19 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Buy Akorn: Unjustly Punished By Mylan Controversy - 10 hours 31 min ago
Uber snags Target exec Jeff Jones
CNN - 5 hours 5 min ago
Uber wants to tell a better story about its business -- and it's nabbed a top marketing exec to do so.
- CNBC - Target's chief marketing officer to leave, join Uber - 6 hours 7 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Meet the power players who really run $62 billion Uber - 3 hours 41 min ago
- TechCrunch - Uber & Visa launch Local Offers, a rewards program offering free rides for spending at nearby businesses - 10 hours 37 min ago
- NY Post - New Yorkers can pay for uberPOOL with pre-tax income - 19 hours 7 min ago
Twitter to share video advertising cash with creators
BBC - 6 hours 5 min ago
Twitter will start sharing advertising revenue generated by videos made by individual users with their creators.
- Reuters - Twitter to share ad revenue on videos by U.S. individual users - 8 hours 27 min ago
- CNBC - Twitter will now share video revenue with individual content creators - 9 hours 18 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - 'Kidnap' Trailer Grabs the Most Attention on Twitter - 6 hours 20 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Do Or Die For Twitter In Live Streaming - 8 hours 51 min ago
- TechCrunch - Twitter targets individual creators for its Amplify ad program - 9 hours 20 min ago
Abercrombie closing up to 60 stores after posting wider loss
AP - 6 hours 50 min ago
NEW YORK (AP) -- Abercrombie & Fitch Co. reported a wider loss for its second quarter on Tuesday and said it's closing up to 60 stores in the United States as both U.S. and international sales fell....
- CNN - Summer girls no longer shop at Abercrombie & Fitch - 9 hours 4 min ago
- Reuters - Abercrombie & Fitch sales fall for 14th straight quarter - 12 hours 17 min ago
- CNBC - Abercrombie & Fitch sinks more than 10% after sales fall for 14th straight quarter - 12 hours 37 min ago
- Zacks - Abercrombie (ANF) An Outlier Among Strong Shopping Mall Stocks - 2 hours 29 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF) on Q2 2016 Results - Earnings Call Transcript - 6 hours 1 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Abercrombie & Fitch is tanking — again - 11 hours 49 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Abercrombie & Fitch Posts Big Q2 Loss, Says to Expect More - 11 hours 55 min ago
- Reuters Video - Abercrombie & Fitch ditches turnaround hopes - 6 hours 9 min ago
Hershey stock plummets 11% after Mondelez merger crumbles
CNBC - 7 hours 50 min ago
Shares of Hershey fell as much as 11.2 percent on Tuesday, a day Mondelez said it was no longer in talks to purchase the chocolate company.
- WSJ Blogs - Stocks to Watch: Apple, Hershey, G-III, Abercrombie & Fitch - 5 hours 53 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Hershey: Buy On The Drop? - 6 hours 18 min ago
- Zacks - Mondelez International (MDLZ) Drops Plan to Buy Hershey - 9 hours 49 min ago
U.S. Consumer Confidence Hits 11-Month High; House Prices Gain
New York Times - 8 hours 2 min ago
U.S. consumer confidence rose to an 11-month high in August, with households more upbeat about the labor market, in a further sign that the economy was regaining steam after faltering in the first half of the year.
Google's close to beating Amazon, Microsoft for a major cloud client: Sources
CNBC - 10 hours 6 min ago
Google is racing to catch Amazon and Microsoft in the cloud and is the top choice to win PayPal's business.
- BusinessInsider - Microsoft's Bing got in trouble after it translated the Arabic word for 'ISIS' to 'Saudi Arabia' - 2 hours 44 min ago
- Wall Street Pit - Microsoft (MSFT) on a Word War with Apple (AAPL), Yet Again - 11 hours 34 min ago
Housing inventories in major Chinese cities continue to decline in July
China Daily - 10 hours 20 min ago
BEIJING - Housing inventories in China's major cities fell for a third-consecutive month as destocking measures kicked in, making further increases in home prices likely, latest industry data showed. Unsold new homes in 35 major Chinese cities totaled 244.8 million square meters at the end of July ...
- Reuters - China's big banks set for hard slog as margins shrink - 10 hours 54 min ago
- China Daily - China's largest cement maker reports profit slump - 15 hours 50 min ago
- Indiatimes - Philippines says China must recognise South China Sea ruling - 17 hours 1 min ago
- Zero Hedge - How The Chinese Government Muzzles Freedom Of Expression In Canada - 6 hours 7 min ago
Increase in U.S. home prices slightly less than forecast
Reuters - 10 hours 49 min ago
NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. single-family home prices rose slightly less than expected on an annual basis in June, and were down from the prior month, a survey showed on Tuesday.
- AP - US home prices rise in June at slowest pace in 10 months - 10 hours 50 min ago
- CNBC - US home price gains ease in June: S&P/Case-Shiller - 11 hours 20 min ago
- Zero Hedge - US Home Prices Suffer 3rd Consecutive Decline For First Time Since 2012 - 11 hours 10 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Here come Case-Shiller home prices ... - 11 hours 30 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Toronto And Vancouver Home Prices Are On The Verge Of A 25% Collapse - 21 hours 30 min ago
Nobel prize winner tells Clinton: Tax fossil fuels
CNN - 12 hours 12 min ago
Nobel prize winning economist Joseph Stiglitz has some advice for Hillary Clinton: Tax fossil fuels.
- Indiatimes - Hillary Clinton told 'so many lies' on emails: Donald Trump - 20 hours 43 min ago
What's hot, what's not for fall IPOs
CNBC - 13 hours 10 min ago
It's been nothing short of awful this year for IPOs, but some are hopeful that the fall will see a flurry of activity.
- China Daily - Zhongan says favors IPO in Hong Kong - 20 hours 20 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - IPO Aspirant Apptio Shows Good Growth In New Technology Business Management Market - 3 hours 12 min ago
Fed's Fischer says U.S. job market 'very close' to full strength
Reuters - 13 hours 12 min ago
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. job market is nearly at full strength and the pace of interest rate increases by the Federal Reserve will depend on how well the economy is doing, Fed Vice Chairman Stanley Fischer said on Tuesday.
- Reuters - Asia stocks bounce, dollar dips on Fed hike doubts - 23 hours 29 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Central Bank Jamboree: Jackson Hole And The Federal Reserve Interest Rate - 3 hours 50 min ago
- BusinessInsider - ART CASHIN: 2 'potential landmines' should keep the Fed on hold in September - 9 hours 53 min ago
Fed's Fischer says US job market 'very close' to full strength
CNBC - 13 hours 25 min ago
The job market has is nearly at full strength and the pace of rate increases will depend on how well the economy is doing, the Fed Vice Chair said.
- BusinessInsider - 5 high-paying jobs with rising salaries - 8 hours 37 min ago
Mortgage approvals fall 5% in July
BBC - 15 hours 12 min ago
The number of mortgages being approved by UK lenders fell by 5% in July from the month before, according to Bank of England figures.
- China Daily - Lenders step up issuance of mortgages - 23 hours 20 min ago
- SCMP - Bank of China’s Hong Kong unit cuts mortgage rate to lure buyers, offset concern of US rate hike - 20 hours 1 min ago
Japanese unemployment rate hits two-decade low
BBC - 15 hours 59 min ago
Japan's unemployment rate has fallen to its lowest for 21 years, despite the country's stagnant economy.
- Reuters - Japan government: Mitsubishi Motors overstated fuel economy on eight more models - 15 hours 59 min ago
CEO of global energy firm is not ruling out an oil price surge to $100
CNBC - 16 hours 21 min ago
Oil markets could see an increased risk of another major jolt if prices continue remain at current levels, the chief executive of Vedanta Resources said.
- Reuters - Oil prices rise as dollar retreats from two-week high - 22 hours 25 min ago
- BusinessInsider - This infographic shows which countries are the hardest hit by the oil crash - 3 hours 2 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Will Venezuela’s Gold Sales Be Enough to Offset Lower Oil Production? - 4 hours 53 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Oil Tumbles As Market Questions Whether An OPEC Production Freeze Is Even Remotely Possible? - 9 hours 28 min ago
- Zacks - Occidental Petroleum (OXY) Hurt by Volatility in Oil Prices - 10 hours 20 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Ignoring Fundamentals: Speculation Has Been Driving Oil Prices - 20 hours 32 min ago