Business News - The Last 24 HoursObama immigration plan good, not great for economy
AP - 3 hours 18 min ago
WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama's expansive executive action on immigration is good for the U.S. economy - just not as good as partnering with Congress on broader reforms....
- Indiatimes - Obama immigration plan good, not great for economy | Is outlook for US awful? - 6 hours 43 min ago
- FT Alphaville - The economic effects of the Obama immigration order - 23 hours 55 min ago
Strategies: Does Wall Street Like Gridlock? It Depends on the Grid
New York Times - 4 hours 17 min ago
Historically, shared political power in Washington seems to have little connection to stock market returns — until you slice and dice how the power has been divided.
- WSJ Blogs - 5 Things to Know About Big Banks, the Federal Reserve and Policing Wall Street - 21 hours 35 min ago
China's rate-cut likely to hurt banks, curb new loans to small borrowers
Indiatimes - 6 hours 56 min ago
China's latest interest rate cut is set to dent the profitability of domestic lenders, especially mid-sized banks, which are already suffering from higher bad loans and a slowdown in profit growth.
- China Daily - Chinese banks' deposit rates vary after interest rates cut - 9 hours 18 min ago
- Sydney Morning Herald - China, in surprise move, cuts interest rates - 19 hours 31 min ago
Central Banks Move to Boost Global Growth
Wall Street Journal - 7 hours 57 min ago
The People’s Bank of China and European Central Bank moved Friday to pump up flagging global growth, boosting stock markets but raising questions about the limitations of central-bank intervention.
- Zero Hedge - The Astonishing Rise of Central Bank Fear - 1 hour 35 min ago
Russia to seek new partners if Western oil majors leave: Minister
Indiatimes - 8 hours 17 min ago
Moscow will seek new partners in countries that have not imposed sanctions on it if Western oil and gas companies pull out of projects with Russia.
- BBC - West 'seeks Russia regime change' - 9 hours 51 min ago
- Indiatimes - Lavrov accuses West of seeking "regime change" in Russia - 11 hours 18 min ago
- Reuters - Lavrov accuses West of seeking 'regime change' in Russia - 11 hours 41 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Moscow accuses West of seeking Russia 'regime change' - 11 hours 55 min ago
Portugal ex-PM held over tax fraud
BBC - 8 hours 54 min ago
The former prime minister of Portugal, Jose Socrates, has been arrested in Lisbon as part of an investigation into money-laundering and bribery.
- Indiatimes - Relook at tax treaties to unearth black money: FM | Govt detemined to pass major reforms - 13 hours 47 min ago
- Economist's View - 'High Marginal Tax Rates on the Top 1%' - 2 hours 41 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Market P/E Still Inexpensive Given Tax And Inflation Context; +10% To 25% U.S. Equities Upside Remains - 11 hours 17 min ago
- DailyFinance - These 7 Favorite Tax Breaks Are on the Chopping Block - 17 hours 18 min ago
Shanghai-HK stock connect positive catalyst for both markets
China Daily - 9 hours 18 min ago
BEIJING -- The imminent launch of the Shanghai-Hong Kong stock connect program, which allows investors mutual market access, will serve as a positive catalyst for both the Shanghai and Hong Kong bourses. The China Securities Regulatory Commission and the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission ...
- China Daily - Analysts expect strong debut for Stock Connect - 16 hours 48 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - New Stock Market Highs...Are They Justified? - 7 hours 34 min ago
Techknow: Motorola and Samsung smartwatches
Sydney Morning Herald - 10 hours 3 min ago
Strapping a smartwatch to your wrist reduces the need to reach for the smartphone in your pocket.
'Indo-China growth needs policy norms for development'
Indiatimes - 10 hours 59 min ago
Rapid, significant economic development between India and China require their citizens and policy makers to creatively develop framework of policy norms to meet the numerous challenges of development, governance, and law, say experts.
- China Daily - China's economic 'new normal' deserves applause: CME chairman emeritus - 11 hours 48 min ago
- Sydney Morning Herald - China deal sets course for growth - 21 hours 18 min ago
Public housing tenants fear alleged brothel keeper
Sydney Morning Herald - 11 hours 18 min ago
Offers of sex, threats of violence and drug use spook residents of Kurralta Court on Yambina Crescent.
China continues 'new normal' growth: Morgan Stanley
China Daily - 12 hours 18 min ago
BEIJING - Head of the world's leading investment bank has confidence in China's economy, which is experiencing a slowdown under the "new normal". "In the next three to five years, China's economy will continue to grow at a faster pace than any of the major developed markets," said James P. Gorman, ...
- WSJ Blogs - Morgan Stanley Vet Builds Enterprise Startups With Work-Bench Ventures - 23 hours 17 min ago
Why Uber appears to be a company run by juveniles
Indiatimes - 12 hours 26 min ago
Uber disrupts a business model that has existed for a very long time. In the case of Uber, that industry is the taxi business.
- Indiatimes - Olacabs, Uber dropping prices to woo passengers | Fares still costly - 17 hours 45 min ago
- NY Post - TLC probes Uber over spying allegations - 17 hours 7 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Uber and the Temptation to Misuse Personal Data - 23 hours 40 min ago
India is one of our fastest growing market: Twitter
Indiatimes - 13 hours 17 min ago
Speaking at a discussion on whether social media is killing big media, Stanton said Twitter is a tech-company in the media business.
- AP - Kids give first lady sarcastic "thanks" on Twitter - 23 hours 18 min ago
Use of local language can boost GDP: Smriti Irani
Indiatimes - 14 hours 54 min ago
During the conference, Irani emphasized building a scientific temper among students and giving them value-based education.
How tweets can gauge unemployment levels: Study
Indiatimes - 15 hours 5 min ago
Data analysis of Twitter activity can actually determine how many people in a given geographic area are unemployed, researchers said.
European Parliament may propose Google break-up in draft resolution
Indiatimes - 15 hours 33 min ago
European Parliament may propose Google break-up in draft resolutionThe draft motion does not mention Google or any specific search engine, though Google is by far the dominant provider of such services in Europe.
- Sydney Morning Herald - Google break-up proposed in European Parliament draft resolution - 19 hours 39 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - European Critics Envision Google's 'Unbundling' - 22 hours 53 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Google's New Program Provides An Alternative To Ads On Websites - 7 hours 47 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Half of All Americans Watched a Video From Google in October - 9 hours 18 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Google Looks For These Flaws When It Wants To Fire People (GOOG) - 11 hours 5 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - European Lawmakers' Plan To Break Up Google - 15 hours 56 min ago
- NY Post - Europe: Break up Google! - 17 hours 59 min ago
China sees robust PV exports to Japan
China Daily - 16 hours 48 min ago
A worker inspects solar panels at a solar farm in Dunhuang, 950km (590 miles) northwest of Lanzhou, Gansu province, Sept 16, 2013. [Photo / Reuters] SHIJIAZHUANG - North China's Hebei province saw robust growth of photovoltaic products to Japan in the first ten months, local customs authorit ...
Alibaba raises $8b from first bond sale
China Daily - 17 hours 18 min ago
The headquarters of Alibaba Group Holding Ltd in Hangzhou, Zhejiang province. The company sold the largest portions of its bond sale in equal $2.25 billion offers of five- and 10-year notes. [Photo / Reuters] Alibaba Group Holding Ltd raised $8 billion in its first sal ...
- Seeking Alpha - Alibaba Going Global: Taobao Everywhere - 19 hours 9 min ago
Chrysler says it will speed up recall repairs for Jeep SUVs
Indiatimes - 19 hours 5 min ago
Chrysler was not satisfied with the speed of repairs of recalled Jeep SUVs that face a heightened fire risk & will enhance dealer communication & owner contact to accelerate the process.
Boeing welcomes Japan decision to buy V-22s
Indiatimes - 20 hours 34 min ago
Boeing Co on Friday welcomed a decision by Japan to buy V-22 Osprey tilt-rotor aircraft that it builds together with Bell Helicopter, a unit of Textron Inc.
Free trade deal with mainland China makes Taiwanese nervous
Sydney Morning Herald - 21 hours 22 sec ago
Taiwan, the world's biggest maker of iPhones and iPads, has unexpectedly found its economy held hostage by protests by a young generation of digital natives, spawned – ironically – by its high-tech success.
Brazilian Real, Stocks Strengthen
Wall Street Journal - 21 hours 48 min ago
The Brazilian real strengthened against the dollar and stocks rose, amid expectations that President Dilma Rousseff was to name a more market-friendly economic team.
Judge Approves $450 Million Settlement in Apple E-Book Case
New York Times - 22 hours 46 min ago
A deal in the antitrust case would give consumers $400 million in cash and e-book credits, and lawyers $50.million. But an appeal is still pending.
- BusinessInsider - The Apple Watch Will Have One Key Advantage Over Other Smartwatches (AAPL) - 10 hours 7 min ago
Startup Aims to Be Amazon.com of Indonesia
Wall Street Journal - 23 hours 5 min ago
Online retailer Lazada Indonesia has faced challenges in a country where the e-commerce market is still small. But the startup’s backers are plowing ahead, hoping to get a head start over Amazon, Alibaba and eBay.
- Seeking Alpha - Amazon Trades For 370 Years Of Earnings, Jack Ma Thinks It Might Not Be Here In 20 - 1 hour 51 min ago
- Wall Street Pit - Amazon.com (AMZN) Started At Buy With $410 Target At Nomura - 5 hours 4 min ago
- Zacks - Vornado Leases Office Space to Amazon in NYC - Analyst Blog - 23 hours 23 min ago