Business News - The Last 24 HoursManufacturing activity moderates, prompting more support policies
China Daily - 56 min 8 sec ago
An employee works at a production line inside a Geely factory in Ningbo, Zhejiang province May 15, 2014. [Photo/Agencies] BEIJING - Growth in China's manufacturing sector moderated slightly in August, a sign of subdued momentum in the country's economic recovery, new data showed Monday. Th ...
- Indiatimes - Russian manufacturing expands in August- PMI - 1 hour 18 min ago
- Sydney Morning Herald - PMI: China manufacturing growth slows in August - 5 hours 1 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - China Manufacturing Gauge Drops - 5 hours 16 min ago
China's final HSBC PMI falls to three-month low in August
China Daily - 56 min 8 sec ago
A worker installs rubber onto the windows of the doors along a production line at a truck factory of Anhui Jianghuai Automobile Co Ltd (JAC Motors) in Hefei, Anhui province May 5, 2014. [Photo/Agencies] Growth in China's large factory sector slipped to a three-month low in August as foreign a ...
- Indiatimes - HSBC Manufacturing PMI slows to 52.4 in August - 1 hour 56 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Here Comes HSBC's China Manufacturing PMI... - 6 hours 11 min ago
Big growth potential still in China
China Daily - 56 min 13 sec ago
ZHANG CHENGLIANG/CHINA DAILY Over the past three decades, China has been at the center of global economic growth and excitement, especially as host of the spectacular Beijing Olympics and Shanghai World Expo. Though China China's J ...
- Indiatimes - China banks seek new lending horizons as bad debts rise - 2 hours 2 min ago
- China Daily - China August PMI eases to 51.1 - 4 hours 26 min ago
- BBC - China factory growth misses forecasts - 5 hours 48 min ago
- BusinessInsider - China manufacturing growth slows in August, surveys show - 3 hours 53 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Double Whammy China PMI Misses Spark Sell-Side Demands For More Stimulus - 4 hours 19 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Markets Signaling Return Of Economic Weakness In China - 15 hours 56 min ago
China Queries Microsoft
Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 9 min ago
A Chinese antimonopoly agency said Microsoft Corp. should issue a written explanation covering what it called compatibility and bundling issues with Windows and Office software.
- Indiatimes - China says Microsoft not fully disclosing issues - 2 hours 26 min ago
- Sydney Morning Herald - Microsoft refuses warrant to hand over customer's emails - 7 hours 38 min ago
- TechCrunch - Microsoft Continues Its Campaign Against A US Warrant Demanding Overseas Data - 7 hours 13 min ago
China gives Microsoft 20 days to provide explanation in anti-trust probe
Reuters - 1 hour 23 min ago
BEIJING (Reuters) - A Chinese anti-trust regulator said on Monday it has given Microsoft Corp 20 days to reply to queries on the compatability of its Windows operating system and Office software suite amid a probe into the world's largest software company.
- China Daily - Antitrust probes need to be more open - 3 hours 56 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - How Will The Antitrust Probes Impact General Motors' Prospects In China? - 18 hours 56 min ago
Modi's visit draws pledges of support from Japan
Indiatimes - 1 hour 25 min ago
Japanese government and business leaders are pledging support for Prime Minister Narendra Modi's effort to modernize India's economy.
- Indiatimes - Japan Q2 GDP seen little changed after MOF capex data - 1 hour 52 min ago
Central bank rule handicaps India's infra hopes
Indiatimes - 1 hour 33 min ago
A central bank ban on Indian banks buying new issues of infra bonds has handicapped PM Modi's chances of gathering funds for mega-projects.
- Zero Hedge - Keynesian Central Banking Is An Economic Scourge: More Evidence From Japan - 12 hours 34 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Mario Draghi And The European Central Bank Can't Ignore This Chart - 14 hours 26 min ago
Barclays to sell Spanish assets to Caixabank
Indiatimes - 1 hour 55 min ago
Barclays is selling its Spanish retail and corporate banking operations to Caixabank , the two companies said on Sunday.
- New York Times - DealBook: Barclays to Sell Retail and Corporate Bank Units to CaixaBank of Spain - 5 hours 8 min ago
- BBC - Barclays sells Spanish businesses - 9 hours 25 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - Caixabank to Buy Barclays Retail Banking in Spain - 10 hours 48 min ago
- BusinessInsider - CaixaBank to buy Barclays Spain operations - 6 hours 8 min ago
Tony Abbott increases sanctions on Russia
Sydney Morning Herald - 2 hours 2 min ago
Australia will impose further sanctions on Russia to punish Moscow for "flagrantly breaching Ukraine's sovereignty".
- Sydney Morning Herald - Australia boosts Russia trade bans - 2 hours 53 min ago
- Indiatimes - US welcomes proposed EU sanctions on Russia - 22 hours 50 min ago
- BBC - VIDEO: EU sets Russia sanctions ultimatum - 23 hours 59 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - U.S. Sanctions Not Effective Against Russia, Senators Say - 9 hours 31 min ago
- The Guardian - Russia and economic warfare: RIP the free market new world order - 20 hours 26 min ago
House axes mining tax - again
Sydney Morning Herald - 2 hours 6 min ago
The government, despite Labor protests, has pushed yet another attempt to repeal the mining tax through the lower house.
- China Daily - China to exempt new energy cars purchase tax from Sept 1 - 6 hours 56 min ago
- Sydney Morning Herald - Cars and tax: the rules - 8 hours 20 min ago
- Indiatimes - Several Swiss banks pull out of US tax programme: report - 21 hours 21 min ago
- Reuters - Several Swiss banks pull out of U.S. tax program: paper - 21 hours 48 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Why Burger King Is A Roll-Up, NOT A Tax Inversion Deal - 1 hour 56 min ago
- The Guardian - US government helpless as tax-avoiding firms head for the exit - 23 hours 21 min ago
Housing scheme for Tirupur knitwear workers: Venkaiah Naidu
Indiatimes - 2 hours 6 min ago
Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu says his ministry to sanction housing scheme for knitwear workers of Tirupur with support from TN government.
- BBC - Cornwall being 'invaded' by housing - 2 hours 11 min ago
- China Daily - Importance of housing market will diminish - 3 hours 56 min ago
Drone video shows scale of Apple's new 'spaceship' headquarters
Sydney Morning Herald - 2 hours 24 min ago
Amateur video footage taken by a drone and uploaded to YouTube reveals the enormous scale of Apple's new "spaceship" headquarters now under construction in Silicon Valley, California.
- Sydney Morning Herald - Apple's smartwatch may be shown September 9, but is 'not shipping anytime soon' - 7 hours 31 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Apple - September 9th Will Give You A Stomach Ache And Nothing More... Focus On Sales - 2 hours 56 min ago
- TechCrunch - AnandTech Founder Anand Shimpi Is Heading To Apple - 7 hours 51 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Apple Has Reportedly Partnered With American Express For Mobile Payments On The iPhone (AAPL) - 12 hours 48 min ago
IRB Infrastructure falls after Citigroup downgrade
Indiatimes - 2 hours 37 min ago
The reason cited was "expensive valuation, moderate return ratios and high leverage" and said it prefers Adani Port and Special Economic Zone Ltd.
Indian home prices fell most in 52 nations: IMF
Indiatimes - 3 hours 1 min ago
Indian home prices fell most in 52 nations: IMF India's real estate bubble finally bursting: The International Monetary Fund's recently-launched data series on global housing prices hints at that.
Stocks that will gain when the GDP revives
Indiatimes - 3 hours 7 min ago
If the Indian GDP grows at a faster speed as is expected in the coming years, the stock market will respond positively to it.
- China Daily - More lock-up stocks eligible for trade - 4 hours 26 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - With 14.53% Returns From Our Buy Rating, We Continue To Be Bullish On Brazilian Stocks - 14 hours 56 min ago
Alibaba postpones IPO investor meetings: Report
China Daily - 3 hours 56 min ago
Jack Ma speaks during a meeting at the Taobao City, the new office park of Alibaba, in Hangzhou city, Zhejiang province, 27 May 2014. [Photo/China Daily] Alibaba takes giant strides Alibaba picks up digital content stake Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba has postponed ...
- China Daily - How lacrosse-playing Tsai became Alibaba's mega-dealmaker - 13 hours 26 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - The IPO Story for the Next Two Weeks Is Alibaba - 18 hours 10 min ago
China Southern Airlines' fleet hits 600
China Daily - 4 hours 26 min ago
A plane of China Southern Airlines is pictured at the Zhijiang Airport in Huaihua city, Central China's Hunan province, July 17, 2013. [Photo/IC] GUANGZHOU - A new Boeing 777-300ER was officially added to the aircraft fleet of China Southern Airlines on Saturday, making it the first Chinese a ...
- Wall Street Journal - Hong Kong Airlines Seeks Listing - 4 hours 43 min ago
- China Daily - China Eastern Airlines' profits decline 98% - 4 hours 56 min ago
Pre-market: Nifty seen opening higher on strong GDP data
Indiatimes - 5 hours 21 min ago
Tracking the momentum, the Nifty index is expected to surpass its previous record high of 7968.25 in trade today.
- Sydney Morning Herald - Focus on weak GDP growth, high dollar - 17 hours 41 min ago
- Indiatimes - Household financial savings rate inch up to 7.2% of GDP - 23 hours 28 min ago
China Auto Rental Prepares for IPO
Wall Street Journal - 5 hours 24 min ago
China Auto Rental Inc. plans to take orders from investors Friday for its US$500 million initial public offering in Hong Kong ahead of listing in the city in September, people familiar with the situation said Monday.
- Indiatimes - Sebi mulls 25% of IPO for domestic MFs, insurers - 11 hours 48 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Valuation Key to Emaar Malls IPO Size - 14 hours 39 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Crude Oil Rail Terminal Operator Files for IPO - 18 hours 15 min ago
EBC's Mario Draghi doing his bit to keep Australian interest rates low
Sydney Morning Herald - 5 hours 28 min ago
European Central Bank president Mario Draghi’s shift toward quantitative easing is reverberating 17,000 kilometres away in lower Australian mortgage rates.
Dollar’s strength sparks calls for interest rate cut
Sydney Morning Herald - 5 hours 47 min ago
The stubbornly high Australian dollar is weighing on the economy and the central bank should consider cutting the interest rate this year, some investors are saying ahead of the Reserve Bank of Australia’s monthly board meeting.
China Home Prices Fall
Wall Street Journal - 6 hours 8 min ago
China's average housing prices fell in August for the fourth straight month, though at a slower pace, as property developers continue to struggle with excess supply.
- 24/7 Wall St. - Average Home Price Hits $191,000 - 19 hours 5 min ago
Inflation beginning to slow
Sydney Morning Herald - 6 hours 48 min ago
Price rises in the past two months have been subdued or non-existent, which should allow the Reserve Bank to keep the cash rate unchanged.
NATO Set to Ratify Pledge on Joint Defense in Case of Major Cyberattack
New York Times - 7 hours 8 min ago
For the first time, a cyberattack on any of the 28 NATO nations could be declared an attack on all of them, much like a ground invasion or an airborne bombing.
- Sydney Morning Herald - Cyberattacks: Perpetual state of siege for US companies - 9 hours 10 min ago
Commodities markets summary
Sydney Morning Herald - 9 hours 42 min ago
Commodities news from around the world.
I call America as our emerging market: Anand Mahindra
Indiatimes - 14 hours 45 min ago
I call America as our emerging market: Anand MahindraHighlighting the progress that the group has made in the farm equipment sector, he said the latest tractor Arjun Novo was an example of it.
- Indiatimes - Emerging markets to push smartphone sales up 23.8% - 18 hours 43 min ago
Miley Cyrus says Google, Instagram more harmful than drugs
Sydney Morning Herald - 18 hours 21 min ago
Miley Cyrus thinks Google and Instagram are more harmful to your brain than drugs.
- Indiatimes - Google Glass app detects human emotions in real time - 18 hours 58 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Google's Traffic Acquisition Costs Could Soon Stabilize - 17 hours 56 min ago
Investors' eyes pinned on ECB as Europe's health deteriorates
Indiatimes - 21 hours 59 min ago
Inflation in the 9.6 trillion euro economy dropped to a fresh five year low of 0.3 per cent in August and as the months fly by, the bloc's cushion against Japan-style deflation is getting smaller and smaller.
- Seeking Alpha - Busy Week Ahead, But ECB Meeting Stands Out - 13 hours 56 min ago
- Mike Shedlock - Eurozone Currency Dispute Intensifies: France Wants More ECB Action to Correct Overvalued Euro, Germany Doesn't - 15 hours 20 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Busy Week Ahead, ECB Meeting Stands Out - 15 hours 38 min ago
IMF executive board backs Lagarde over corruption probe
Indiatimes - 23 hours 54 min ago
Formal investigations in France do not necessarily lead to charges, but indicate that a magistrate believes there are signs of wrongdoing.