Business News - The Last 24 HoursFed's Calm Spurs Futures Higher
Wall Street Journal - 24 min 21 sec ago
U.S. stock futures rose Thursday after the Federal Reserve indicated it is in no hurry to raise interest rates.
- Wall Street Journal - Nikkei Rises After Fed Guidance - 12 hours 44 min ago
- Sydney Morning Herald - Aust bond futures drop on US Fed talk - 14 hours 21 min ago
- New York Times - Monetary Policy: The Fed Is Boring Again. That’s a Relief. - 17 hours 27 min ago
- BBC - US Fed to end stimulus in October - 19 hours 12 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - The Mankiw-Darda Rule Tells The Fed To Wait A Bit With Hikes - 10 min 19 sec ago
- The Guardian - Gold hits eight-month low after Fed hints at faster rate rises - business live - 6 hours 17 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Most Federal Reserve Officials Still See First Rate Hike In 2015 - 14 hours 27 min ago
- Time Business - The Fed Is Staying the Course, and That’s Great - 16 hours 54 min ago
- BusinessInsider - People At The Fed Sure Do Talk A Lot - 16 hours 54 min ago
- WSJ Video - Analyzing the Fed's Exit Strategy - 17 hours 25 min ago
U.S. Housing Starts Fall in August
Wall Street Journal - 40 min 49 sec ago
U.S. home construction fell last month after surging to a postrecession high in July, a sign of choppy progress in the housing market.
- Reuters - U.S. housing starts fall; prior month's data revised higher - 50 min 31 sec ago
- BusinessInsider - Here Comes Housing Starts... - 1 hour 29 min ago
- DailyFinance - Housing Starts Fall; Prior Month's Data Revised Higher - 5 hours 5 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - My Contrarian Play On Housing Is Starting To Pay Off - 19 hours 9 min ago
News Corp Calls Google a 'Platform for Piracy'
Wall Street Journal - 41 min 12 sec ago
Rupert Murdoch's News Corp weighed into the debate over a proposed European Union settlement with Google—urging Brussels to throw out the settlement and calling Google a "platform for piracy."
- Indiatimes - Google, MS, IBM trying to lure startups with goodies - 17 hours 43 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Apple Or Google - Which Stock Do You Prefer? - 1 hour 10 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Tim Cook Ripped Apart Google's Business Model In Two Paragraphs (AAPL) - 11 hours 56 min ago
- TechCrunch - Google’s Skybox Satellites Shoot GIFs Of Burning Man Being Built - 17 hours 20 min ago
- Zacks - Germany Asks Google (GOOGL) to Reveal Search Algorithm - Analyst Blog - 18 hours 17 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Google in Space? Startup Disruption Reaches the Final Frontier - 20 hours 53 min ago
Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife edge
Indiatimes - 46 min 20 sec ago
Alex Salmond, the 59-year-old nationalist leader, told hundreds of supporters in Perth at a final rally: "Scotland's future must be in Scotland's hands."
- Indiatimes - Stay or go? Scotland votes on independence from Britain - 1 hour 44 min ago
- AP - A guide to Scotland as it votes on independence - 3 hours 10 min ago
- Reuters - Scots start voting in independence referendum - 6 hours 56 min ago
- BBC - Wales awaits result of Scottish vote - 7 hours 50 min ago
- Sydney Morning Herald - Scottish independence vote: will Gordon Brown's speech save the Union? - 14 hours 5 min ago
- China Daily - 'Yes' in Scotland could mean 'maybe' for Chinese companies - 14 hours 10 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Tennis star Murray boosts Scottish 'Yes' campaign - 33 min 56 sec ago
- WSJ Blogs - An Independent Scotland Could Put India's Whiskey Industry in High Spirits - 55 min 43 sec ago
- Seeking Alpha - Will Scotland Be Penny Wise And Pound Foolish? - 2 hours 10 min ago
- Time Business - Scotch Whisky Industry Frets Over Scottish Independence Vote - 16 hours 37 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Scottish Independence: Politicians Love Democracy So Much They're Trying To Subvert It - 17 hours 7 min ago
- Zacks - British ETFs in Focus on Scotland Independence Vote - Video Blog - 20 hours 23 min ago
- The Guardian - Scottish independence: still undecided? Six key economic issues to consider - 21 hours 11 min ago
- Reuters Video - Still all to play for in Scotland vote - 20 hours 37 min ago
LDF to launch stir against tax hike by Chandy govt
Indiatimes - 51 min 34 sec ago
Vijayan hit out at the govt for taking the "ordinance route" to raise a huge amount without presenting and debating the proposals in the assembly.
- BBC - Clash over car tax disc changes - 4 hours 37 min ago
- China Daily - More tax breaks for small Chinese firms - 12 hours 10 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - REX: Overreaction To Brazilian Tax Credit News Bares At Least 26% Upside - 10 min 19 sec ago
- WSJ Blogs - Tax Battle Brews Over Tom Clancy's $83 Million Estate - 14 hours 22 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Americans Think These States Have The Most Unfair Tax Systems - 16 hours 14 sec ago
Gold 8-1/2 mth low after Fed raises rate projections
Indiatimes - 58 min ago
Prices are set to average $1,270 an ounce this year, down from $1,410 in 2013, and should bottom out between $1,170 and $1,200 in 2015, it said.
- Indiatimes - Gold imports to rise 50% this festive season | Prices may bottom out in 2015 - 6 hours 17 min ago
- Time Business - Apple’s All-Gold Watch Could Run You a Pretty Penny - 18 hours 7 min ago
U.S. jobless claims fall, continuing claims lowest since 2007
Reuters - 59 min 11 sec ago
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The number of Americans filing new claims for unemployment benefits fell more than expected last week, suggesting that a sharp slowdown in job growth last month was probably an aberration.
- Wall Street Journal - U.S. Jobless Claims Fall 36,000 - 1 hour 4 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Here Come Initial Jobless Claims... (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM) - 1 hour 35 min ago
Sony Plans to Turn Game Division into Hub
Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 6 min ago
Faced with deep losses in its electronics business, Sony intends to develop a service to stream videogames onto smartphones, tablets and other devices from a range of manufacturers.
- Sydney Morning Herald - Sony now expects $2.14b loss as mobile growth slows - 10 hours 22 min ago
- BBC - Sony shares fall 12% on loss warning - 11 hours 58 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Sony Shares Plunge After Earnings Warning - 5 hours 12 min ago
- The Guardian - Kipper Williams on Sony losses - 5 hours 54 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Sony: Goodbye Goodwill - 7 hours 10 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Abenomics Crushes Sony: Electronics Giant Forced To Cancel Dividend For First Time Ever - 21 hours 14 min ago
DealBook: Bayer to Spin Off Polymer Business in Public Listing
New York Times - 1 hour 23 min ago
The listing of the material science business is the latest step as Bayer, which started in Germany in 1863 as a chemical company, shifts to focus primarily on health care.
- Wall Street Journal - Bayer to Float Plastics Business - 6 hours 29 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Germany's Bayer to float chemicals division - 3 hours 31 min ago
- Reuters Video - Breakingview: Bayer's plastic float - 4 hours 40 min ago
China, ASEAN push to team up on infrastructure
China Daily - 2 hours 10 min ago
NANNING -- Officials from China and ASEAN proposed strengthening cooperation in infrastructure to boost regional growth during the 11th China-ASEAN Expo, which runs Sept. 16-19 in south China's Nanning City. Pushpanathan Sundram, chairman of the China-ASEAN Business Association, said at a forum tha ...
- Indiatimes - China Jan-Aug investment in infra rose 13.7 pct y/y: Ministry - 2 hours 45 min ago
- Reuters - China's house prices fall further, economic gloom deepens - 3 hours 28 min ago
- China Daily - Market-oriented reforms help support China's further growth: expert - 3 hours 40 min ago
- Sydney Morning Herald - China money market rates drop, traders suspect large cash injection - 9 hours 13 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Economic Analysis: Did We Just Get Stimulus From China? - 7 hours 10 min ago
Anti-trust fine totals 1.6b yuan Jan to Sep
China Daily - 2 hours 10 min ago
Fines for anti-trust violation have accumulated to more than 1.63 billion yuan ($266.6 million) , as two multinational automakers and their dealers were reported on Thursday to have breached rules and been issued heavy fines. FAW-Volkswagen Sales Co was fined 248.58 million yuan, equivalent to six ...
- China Daily - 11 Japanese firms fined for antitrust violation - 7 hours 10 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Toyota Falls Under Antitrust Microscope - 22 hours 10 min ago
Alibaba cash could fund small spending spree at Yahoo
Indiatimes - 2 hours 34 min ago
But with numerous holes to fill and soaring tech company valuations, Yahoo will have to make tough choices with any acquisitions.
- China Daily - Alibaba banner - 6 hours 10 min ago
- BBC - Alibaba set to announce share price - 6 hours 25 min ago
- Indiatimes - Snapdeal may be Alibaba's cheat code into Indian e-commerce - 11 hours 57 min ago
- The Guardian - Alibaba and the 40 facts - 2 hours 9 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Alibaba's Jack Ma Likes HK but Mainland China Is Home - 5 hours 17 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - What Is Alibaba's Growth Potential? eBay's Path Offers A Glimpse - 17 hours 10 min ago
- Zacks - The Alibaba Top? - Real Time Insight - 21 hours 11 min ago
- NY Post - 5 pros and cons of investing in Alibaba - 22 hours 29 min ago
- CNN Video - 7 things you can do on Alibaba - 14 hours 29 min ago
Users frustrated by Apple iOS update
BBC - 2 hours 36 min ago
Apple iPhone and iPad users take to social media to express their frustration over installing the company's latest software update.
- China Daily - Apple iPhone 6 wins two regulatory approvals in China - 3 hours 40 min ago
- Indiatimes - Apple hiring manager to handle China govt data requests - 7 hours 29 min ago
- New York Times - Bits Blog: With iOS 8, Apple Says Data Is Better Protected, Even From the Police - 10 hours 28 min ago
- BusinessWeek - Tim Cook Interview: Making the Watch, Remaking Apple - 21 hours 4 min ago
- Reuters - Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on October 21: report - 21 hours 6 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Apple: Record iPhone 6 Pre-Orders Versus No China In 2014 - 10 min 19 sec ago
- TechCrunch - Apple Explores Bone Conducting, Noise Cancelling EarPod Design - 1 hour 3 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Apple iOS 8 Review: A New Phone Without Buying One - 2 hours 10 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Apple Is Just One Step Away From Ending The Block On iPhone 6 In China (AAPL) - 2 hours 36 min ago
- Time Business - Exclusive: U2 and Apple Have Another Surprise for You - 3 hours 40 min ago
- DailyFinance - Celebrity Photo Leaks Push Apple to Focus on Security - 6 hours 46 min ago
- Zacks - VirnetX Down as Court Overrules Patent Award from Apple - Analyst Blog - 19 hours 1 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Walmart, Best Buy Reject Apple Pay - 19 hours 34 min ago
Fed Plots Cautious Course on Rate Rises
Wall Street Journal - 3 hours 2 min ago
The Federal Reserve took two steps toward winding down the historic easy-money policies that have defined its response to the financial crisis but stopped short of the move markets are awaiting most: signaling when interest rates will start to rise.
- Reuters - Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path - 13 hours 26 min ago
- AP - Dow ends at record after Fed maintains low rates - 17 hours 10 min ago
- BusinessWeek - Fed Chief Won't Be Pinned Down on Rising Rates - 17 hours 31 min ago
- Sydney Morning Herald - US Fed maintains zero interest rates stance - 17 hours 46 min ago
- Indiatimes - US Fed renews zero interest rate pledge, restates concern on labor market - 19 hours 25 min ago
- New York Times - Fed Signals No Hurry to Raise Interest Rates - 19 hours 33 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - 'You're Going To Need A Bigger Boat': Alpha And Interest Rates - 15 hours 10 min ago
- Time Business - Dow Closes at Record After Fed Keeps Rates Intact - 16 hours 53 min ago
- The Guardian - Fed in no hurry to raise interest rates as it details 'gradual' plans to exit stimulus - 18 hours 44 min ago
- DailyFinance - Market Wrap: Dow Sets Record as Fed Says Rates Will Stay Low - 20 hours 37 min ago
- WSJ Video - Fed in No Rush to Hike Rates, and More - 17 hours 56 min ago
- Reuters Video - Yellen says that rates will stay ultra-low for considerable time - 18 hours 27 min ago
License trips iPhone retailers in China
China Daily - 3 hours 40 min ago
Screenshot of China Mobile's pre-order webpage of iPhone 6. This webpage has now been removed. [Photo/Nipic.com] Although China's largest carriers have been ready to roll out iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, the cell phones are now reportedly waiting for China's network access license from the ...
- Indiatimes - UK Aug retail sales recover, driven by furniture and vacuum cleaners - 4 hours 1 min ago
- BBC - UK retail sales rise in August - 4 hours 47 min ago
- The Guardian - Vacuum cleaner splurge pushes up UK retail sales - 3 hours 57 min ago
Hyundai outbids Samsung to pay sky-high $10 bn for land in South Korea's Gangnam
Indiatimes - 4 hours 1 min ago
Hyundai outbids Samsung to pay sky-high $10 bn for land in South Korea's Gangnam Hyundai plans to build auto-themed exhibition halls, hotels & shopping malls. The price surprised shareholders who sent the automaker's shares down nearly 10%.
- Wall Street Journal - Hyundai Goes Gangnam as Samsung Loses Plot - 7 hours 41 min ago
- Indiatimes - Hyundai turns on Gangnam style to win $10 bn land bid - 8 hours 29 min ago
Experts on expectations from Alibaba IPO
China Daily - 4 hours 10 min ago
Editor's note: With Alibaba just announcing to lift/fix its final offer price at $ per American depositary share, its $ billion IPO (will likely/has just broken) the world record. Now, with less than 24 hours remaining before its debut, let's see what experts and financial professionals expect ...
- Indiatimes - Alibaba looks to unlock new markets with IPO - 11 hours 9 min ago
- China Daily - Alibaba IPO a caveat for regulators - 11 hours 10 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - Alibaba IPO Gives Insiders Rare Chance to Sell Early - 12 hours 58 min ago
- Time Business - Who Wins and Loses in Alibaba’s IPO - 3 hours 39 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Alibaba IPOs Friday: Here's What You Need to Know - 3 hours 48 min ago
- The Guardian - Alibaba weighs up its share price as world's biggest IPO looms - 5 hours 9 min ago
- DailyFinance - 5 Reasons to Play the Dave & Buster's IPO - 7 hours 40 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - IPO Preview: Foamix Pharmaceuticals - 8 hours 10 min ago
- BusinessInsider - The 10 Largest US Internet IPOs Of All Time - 11 hours 39 min ago
- Zacks - Beyond the Alibaba IPO: 3 Chinese Stocks to Buy Now - Stocks in the News - 14 hours 2 min ago
- Reuters Video - Alibaba IPO is 'overhyped': Mark Mobius - 6 hours 40 min ago
Qatar Airways receives its first Airbus A380 superjumbo
Sydney Morning Herald - 4 hours 24 min ago
Qatar unveils its first A380 superjumbo, promising a 'signature touch' that separates it from other superjumbos.
- Indiatimes - easyJet says finalised $2 billion Airbus order - 5 hours 25 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Boeing: The Airbus A330neo, A Real Competitor For The Boeing 787? (Part 5) - 5 hours 10 min ago
South Asia to add 1,750 new airplanes in 2014-2033: Boeing
Indiatimes - 4 hours 31 min ago
The South Asian markets would account for 13 per cent in volume and 11 per cent in value of the total 13,460 aircraft worth $2 trillion.
- Wall Street Journal - Boeing-Lockheed Venture to Develop Rocket Engine With Bezos Firm - 17 hours 26 min ago
- Indiatimes - Boeing airplanes considering 52 737s a month by 2018, says CEO Ray Conner - 22 hours 33 min ago
- Zacks - Lockheed Martin-Boeing JV to Offer Rocket Launch Services - Analyst Blog - 16 hours 20 min ago
Wall Street positive on China's e-commerce
China Daily - 4 hours 40 min ago
- China Daily - Wall Street positive on China's e-commerce amid Alibaba enthusiasm - 4 hours 40 min ago
- New York Times - Stocks Edge Higher on Wall Street as Fed Meeting Draws to a Close - 23 hours 44 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Wall Street Breakfast: Amazon Introduces New Kindle Lineup - 2 hours 10 min ago
- The Big Picture - Wall Street Meddles With Restaurant Chain - 12 hours 9 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Wall Street Reacts to Fed: 'Dovish' Developments - 13 hours 58 min ago
- BusinessInsider - NYC Bartender Calls Out Wall Streeter For Allegedly Grabbing Her Butt - 18 hours 32 min ago
- Time Business - Occupy Wall Street Just Made $4 Million of Student Loan Debt Disappear - 19 hours 58 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Wall Street Responds To China's QE: Beijing Finds Lack Of Faith Disturbing - 23 hours 5 min ago
- Zacks - Fed Expected to Clarify Course - Ahead of Wall Street - 23 hours 29 min ago
Consumer inflation at 4-month low, factory contraction continues
China Daily - 4 hours 40 min ago
BEIJING - China's consumer inflation rate eased to the lowest level in four months in August, while factories' wholesale prices contracted for a 30th straight month, the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) said on Thursday. The latest retail and wholesale consumption figures indicated the Chinese e ...
- China Daily - China's inflation up 2% in August - 10 hours 40 min ago
Samsung Electronics strengthens its services network
Indiatimes - 5 hours 28 min ago
“Our innovative service delivery model will enable us to deliver customer delight at each step and further drive brand loyalty,” Park added.
- China Daily - Samsung ranked best brand in China for third year - 5 hours 40 min ago
- Indiatimes - Soon, Samsung phones with in-house OS | Lava, Intex may launch Android One devices - 12 hours 2 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Apple May Have Just Taken A Shot At Samsung's Smartwatch Business (AAPL) - 19 hours 38 min ago
Japan ignoring China for India is bad strategy
China Daily - 5 hours 40 min ago
Li Daokui (right), professor at Tsinghua University, speaks at a panel discussion in Tianjin on Sept 10, 2014 as Victor Halberstadt, professor at the University of Leiden, listens. [Provided to chinadaily.com.cn] Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's strategy of working with India rather than ...
- Indiatimes - Japan's economy straining under tax hike - 7 hours 4 min ago
Digvijay asks Siddaramaiah to resolve Amazon tax issue
Indiatimes - 6 hours 33 min ago
Digvijay Singh asked Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah to resolve tax-related dispute with Amazon in best “interests of both Karnataka & the Congress party“.
- Indiatimes - Amazon founder's firm to build new rocket engines - 8 hours 41 min ago
- BusinessWeek - Amazon Quietly Introduces New Tablets and E-Readers - 11 hours 38 min ago
- New York Times - Bits Blog: Amazon Refreshes Its Kindle Line - 12 hours 40 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - The Fundamentals Of Stock Ownership: Amazon & Alibaba - 10 min 19 sec ago
- BusinessInsider - Amazon Just Paid Nearly $5 Million To Own The Entire '.Buy' Web Domain (AMZN) - 4 hours 54 min ago
- TechCrunch - Amazon Announces New Fire Tablets, E-Ink Kindles And A Special Fire For Kids - 12 hours 39 min ago
- Zacks - Amazon Board Urged by Hachette Group to End Pricing Row - Analyst Blog - 22 hours 28 sec ago
- Wall Street Pit - Notable Upgrades: Ryerson Holdings (RYI), Radian Group (RDN), Amazon.com (AMZN), I.D. Systems (IDSY), Canadian Solar (CSIQ) - 23 hours 40 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - 5 Reasons Amazon Should Buy RadioShack - 23 hours 45 min ago
- CNN Video - See Amazon's new tablets in :60 - 11 hours 30 min ago
Alibaba in talks with Snapdeal to enter India: Economic Times
China Daily - 7 hours 10 min ago
People walk at the headquarters of Alibaba in Hangzhou, Zhejiang province, April 23, 2014. [Photo/Agencies] Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba is in talks with online retailer Snapdeal to enter India, the Economic Times reported on Thursday, citing two people aware of the development. Alibaba, w ...
- Zacks - China Slips: 3 India ADRs to Buy Now - Analyst Blog - 19 hours 52 min ago
Bitcoin goes luxe with site selling private islands, gold mines
Sydney Morning Herald - 7 hours 52 min ago
An island in Micronesia. A gold mine in Canada's Yukon Territory. Tickets to the Victoria's Secret fashion show in London. Those are just a few of the assets on offer at BitPremier, a website targeting bitcoin holders looking to unload some of their digital hoard.
- Sydney Morning Herald - Bitcoin debit card to bring virtual currency to back pocket - 8 hours 24 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - BitBeat: Boston Fed Sees Bitcoin Flaws But Cryptocurrency Potential - 14 hours 35 min ago
IMF warns of risks from 'excessive' financial market bets
Indiatimes - 8 hours 30 min ago
IMF said in a report it still expects economic growth will pick up in the second half of 2014 after a rough start to the year.
- Indiatimes - IMF readies $127 million for 3 countries battling Ebola - 17 hours 56 min ago
- The Guardian - IMF warns of new threats to global economy due to excessive risk taking - 15 hours 39 min ago
Investors Weigh Bid to Break Up DuPont
Wall Street Journal - 13 hours 44 min ago
The campaign to break up DuPont Co.by activist investor Trian Fund Management LP is no slam dunk.
- Indiatimes - Wall Street climbs ahead of US Fed statement; DuPont jumps - 22 hours 45 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Trian's Letter to DuPont Includes Veiled Shout-Out to Private Equity - 14 hours 32 min ago
- WSJ Video - Activist Investor Trian Calls for DuPont's Breakup - 23 hours 5 min ago
Consumer Prices Fell 0.2% in August
New York Times - 17 hours 5 min ago
Lower energy prices helped the C.P.I. decline, but food and shelter costs rose.
- Indiatimes - US consumer prices post first decline in nearly 1-1/2 yrs - 23 hours 52 min ago
US homebuilders' confidence soars in September
Indiatimes - 23 hours 20 min ago
US homebuilders' confidence in the market for new, single-family homes surged this month to the highest level in nearly nine years.
- Wall Street Journal - U.S. Home-Builder Optimism Surges - 23 hours 25 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Buy KB Home At Less Than 1x Tangible Book Value - 2 hours 10 min ago
- Zacks - Home Builder Confidence Hits 9 Year High, Housing Stocks Jump - Stocks in the News - 14 hours 8 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Homebuilder Confidence at 9-Year High - 22 hours 59 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Homebuilder Sentiment Soars To 9 Year High (Mortgage Apps 14-Year Low) - 23 hours 29 min ago
- BusinessInsider - HOMEBUILDER CONFIDENCE SURGES TO 9-YEAR HIGH - 23 hours 40 min ago