Business News - The Last 24 HoursFrasers Hospitality bullish on China's expansion
China Daily - 4 hours 22 min ago
Singapore-based Frasers Hospitality unveiled its plan to open 10 more properties in China's key cities, according to the company's CEO Choe Peng Sum. "The expansion of our portfolio in China reflects not only our success in meeting the evolving needs of China's buoyant domestic and international tra ...
- China Daily - China railway freight volume decline narrows in Q1 as economy warms - 7 hours 52 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - China 2016: A Tale Of Two Economies - 1 hour 24 min ago
- BusinessInsider - China's all-important services sector slowed down last month - 6 hours 19 min ago
Apple to appeal after losing trademark case in China
China Daily - 6 hours 52 min ago
Apple Inc will appeal a trademark ruling to China's Supreme Court after it lost a four-year fight against a Beijing leather-products maker. The Beijing Municipal High People's Court recently ruled in favor of Xintong Tiandi Technology (Beijing) Ltd, which sells a number of leather products such as s ...
- China Daily - Apple revenue drops as China sales tumble - 7 hours 52 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Apple Loses Trademark Case, In New China Setback - 5 hours 2 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Apple bought at least 3 companies in the past year that nobody knows about (AAPL) - 11 hours 24 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Apple Loses an iPhone Trademark Battle in China - 14 hours 14 min ago
- TechCrunch - Apple brings in ex-Googler and robotics expert Yoky Matsuoka to work on Healthkit - 16 hours 44 min ago
- Time Business - Big Changes Are Coming to Apple Music - 20 hours 14 min ago
China's service sector activity drops in April
China Daily - 6 hours 52 min ago
BEIJING - Business activity in China's service sector dropped slightly in April, a private survey showed on Thursday. The Caixin China General Services PMI (Purchasing Managers' Index) came in at 51.8 in April, down from 52.2 in March, according to the survey conducted by financial information serv ...
- The Guardian - UK service sector report may fuel slowdown fears – business live - 3 hours 29 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Healthy Service Sector - 5 hours 48 min ago
China's gold output edges up in Q1
China Daily - 6 hours 52 min ago
BEIJING - China's gold output in the first quarter (Q1) of 2016 edged up due to higher prices in the global gold market, according to latest industry figures. The country produced 111.56 tons of gold in the first three months, up 0.78 percent year on year, the China Gold Association said Wednesday ...
- BusinessInsider - Here's why China is loading up on gold - 9 hours 21 min ago
China will not manipulate currency for trade advantage
China Daily - 7 hours 22 min ago
BEIJING - China will not try to devalue the yuan to seek a trade surplus as market-determined renminbi rates and balanced international trade are in the country's interest. The US Department of the Treasury last week included China on its "Monitoring List" in a semiannual report to the Congress, as ...
Central bank expects to maintain a 'prudent' monetary policy
China Daily - 7 hours 52 min ago
As Zhou Xiaochuan, People's Bank of China governor, spoke at the G20 gathering in Washington, he seemed more relieved than 50 days ago, when the last such gathering was held in Shanghai. Cascading fears about a hard economic landing for China had receded, replaced with improved growth momentum. Pre ...
- BBC - European Central Bank to pull €500 note - 17 hours 12 min ago
- Zero Hedge - The Central Bank War On Savers - The Big Lie Beneath - 20 hours 29 min ago
- CNN Video - Anonymous targets central banks - 12 hours 48 min ago
Shenzhen-HK stock link 'likely in second quarter': UBS
China Daily - 9 hours 22 min ago
Premier Li Keqiang said in March that the central government will seek to launch the Shenzhen-Hong Kong Stock Connect this year.[Photo/IC] The Chinese mainland will likely announce the launch of the much-anticipated stock trading link between the Shenzhen and Hong Kong exchanges in the s ...
- Seeking Alpha - UBS Q1 Results: No Structural Concerns But Pressure On Dividends Increased - 17 hours 30 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: Anadarko, Dollar General, Encana, FedEx, Teva, UBS and Many More - 21 hours 37 min ago
Exercise 'outweighs air pollution harm'
BBC - 9 hours 22 min ago
The health benefits of cycling and walking outweigh the negative effects of air pollution, a UK study suggests.
- Zacks - Pollution Control Stocks to Watch on May 5: CCC, ERII - 22 hours 26 min ago
US to sell pork to Chinese via Alibaba platforms
China Daily - 9 hours 52 min ago
A consumer chooses pork imported from the United States at a supermarket in Zhengzhou, capital of Henan province. [Photo provided to China Daily] The US pork industry is teaming up with Alibaba Group Holding Ltd to pitch more of its products to online shoppers in China. The U ...
- Seeking Alpha - Alibaba Drives With SAIC And Uber, Tencent Hijacks Google - 17 hours 24 min ago
- Zacks - Will Alibaba Group (BABA) Beat Earnings Estimates in Q4? - 21 hours 58 min ago
Tesla Says It Will Sharply Ramp Up Production of Model 3
New York Times - 10 hours 4 min ago
Tesla expects to make 500,000 vehicles by 2018, two years sooner than previously announced, and far beyond the 15,000 made in the first quarter.
- China Daily - Tesla plugs into growing new-energy car market - 10 hours 52 min ago
- BBC - Tesla boosts mass market car production - 11 hours 51 min ago
- Reuters - Tesla advances 500,000 unit production plan to 2018 - 14 hours 8 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - A Bullish-Bearish Outlook On Tesla - 4 hours 15 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Elon Musk just made a totally mind-blowing change to Tesla's strategy (TSLA) - 12 hours 11 min ago
- Zacks - Tesla (TSLA) Up 5% Following Q1 Miss, In-Line Sales - 12 hours 40 min ago
- Wall Street Pit - Notable Earnings: Tesla (TSLA), Fitbit (FIT), Taser (TASR) - 12 hours 46 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Tesla Jumps After Smaller Than Expected Loss; Warns Cash Burn Is About To Hit Ludicrous Speed - 13 hours 52 min ago
- TechCrunch - Tesla ramps up its ambitions, expecting to produce 500,000 cars annually by 2018 - 13 hours 54 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Options Market Betting on Big Move for Tesla's Stock - 14 hours 32 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - What to Expect From Tesla Earnings - 19 hours 2 min ago
Tribune Publishing Says No to Gannett’s $815 Million Offer
New York Times - 10 hours 16 min ago
The owner of The Los Angeles Times and The Chicago Tribune said the unsolicited offer understated the company’s true value.
- BusinessInsider - Tribune Publishing has thrown out Gannett's offer to buy it (TPUB, GCI) - 13 hours 26 min ago
Cisco, China's Inspur form Internet tech JV
China Daily - 10 hours 52 min ago
Products of the Inspur Group Ltd are on display at an exhibition in Beijing. [Photo/China Daily] JINAN - Chinese cloud computing and big data services provider Inspur Group and US technology multinational Cisco have formed a joint venture (JV). With an initial investment of $100 ...
- Seeking Alpha - Cisco's Transformation: Internet Of Things To Feature High On List - 18 hours 39 min ago
Monetary Policy: Outspoken Fed Official Frets About Following Japan’s Path
New York Times - 13 hours 18 min ago
James Bullard of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis wants to raise rates, but fears the opportunity won’t come before the next recession does.
- Zero Hedge - A Very Bearish Stanley Druckenmiller Blows Up At The Fed; Reveals His Biggest "Currency" Position - 15 hours 5 min ago
Tesla Loses Two Manufacturing Executives
Wall Street Journal - 15 hours 38 min ago
Tesla Motors is losing two of its top manufacturing executives just as it is looking to ramp up its production of the Model X SUV and prepare for the high-volume Model 3 electric car.
- The Guardian - CBI calls on government to back manufacturing sector strategy - 11 hours 21 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - ISM Non Manufacturing Report Rebounds In April - 13 hours 18 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - ISM Non-Manufacturing Rises More Than Expected in April - 18 hours 27 min ago
- Zacks - Manufacturing Churns Out Slow Growth in US--ETFs in Focus - 19 hours 3 min ago
- Zero Hedge - The Manufacturing Recession That Won't Go Away: Factory Orders Rebound From 5 Year Lows, Decline For 17 Months - 20 hours 7 min ago
Barclays Plans to Sell 12 Percent Stake in African Business
New York Times - 17 hours 33 min ago
The British bank wants to reduce its holdings in Barclays Africa Group as the business has become a regulatory drag on its balance sheet.
- The Guardian - Barclays to sell off more than 100m shares in Africa subsidiaries - 16 hours 53 min ago
Why Lula faces new corruption inquiry
BBC - 19 hours 40 min ago
After Brazil's Attorney-General asks the country's top court to investigate former President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, a look at the allegations surrounding him.
- WSJ Blogs - Corruption Currents: Magnitsky-Linked Assets Spent in U.K. - 7 hours 31 min ago
Is £250bn of trade at risk from Brexit?
BBC - 19 hours 40 min ago
Leaving the EU would put £250bn of trade at risk, according to Britain Stronger in Europe. Is it right?
- Zero Hedge - Pro-Brexit Leader Jokes "Keep Sending Obama Over" After Surge In Polls - 14 hours 42 min ago
- The Guardian - Brexit jitters set to weigh on foreign demand for London office space - 22 hours 21 min ago
Facebook pays $10,000 to 10-year-old Instagram hacker
Reuters - 20 hours 26 min ago
HELSINKI (Reuters) - Social media giant Facebook has paid a $10,000 reward to a 10-year-old Finnish boy for finding a glitch in its picture sharing app Instagram.
- BusinessInsider - An early Facebook employee says the 'laptop test' can help you figure out what you should be doing with your life - 14 hours 42 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Facebook: A Contrarian Viewpoint - 15 hours 26 min ago
- Zacks - Zacks.com featured expert Kevin Matras highlights: Ulta Salon, Lear, General Cable, Facebook and American Tower - 20 hours 52 min ago
- Reuters Video - Breakingviews: Facebook's C for governance - 18 hours 26 min ago
Brazil's prosecutors hit Vale, BHP with $44 billion civil lawsuit for dam collapse
Reuters - 21 hours 45 min ago
RIO DE JANEIRO (Reuters) - Mining companies Vale SA and BHP Billiton were hit with a 155 billion-real ($43.5 billion) civil lawsuit for the collapse of a dam at a mine last year that killed 19 people and caused damage that prosecutors said was comparable to BP's oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. ...
- Seeking Alpha - BHP Billiton: Investors Need To Sell Now - 11 hours 10 min ago
- The Guardian - BHP Billiton faces legal spat in which all tactics are deemed fair - 16 hours 13 min ago
- Zacks - Zacks Industry Outlook Highlights: Rio Tinto, BHP Billiton and Vale - 20 hours 52 min ago
Apparel Retailer Aeropostale Files for Bankruptcy Protection
New York Times - 22 hours 22 min ago
Struggling teen apparel retailer Aeropostale Inc filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on Wednesday, succumbing to years of losses.
- WSJ Blogs - Aropostale Lashes Out at Lender After Filing for Bankruptcy - 10 hours 46 min ago
- Time Business - Fashion Retailer Aéropostale Files for Bankruptcy - 18 hours 55 sec ago
- BusinessInsider - One of the hottest teen brands from a decade ago just filed for bankruptcy - 21 hours 44 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Aeropostale Files Chapter 11: Latest Retail Bankruptcy After American Apparel, Cache, Wet Seal And Quiksilver - 22 hours 24 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Bankruptcy Was Just A Tool In The Toolbox - 23 hours 37 min ago
Expert regrets Bitcoin 'creator' blog
BBC - 22 hours 39 min ago
A Bitcoin expert expresses regret about the way he blogged support for an Australian's claim to have invented the crypto-currency.
- BusinessInsider - Fintech could be bigger than ATMs, PayPal, and Bitcoin combined - 10 hours 22 min ago
- FT Alphaville - An annona for your bitcoin caput - 16 hours 37 min ago
- The Guardian - Bitcoin: Craig Wright promises new evidence to prove identity - 19 hours 13 min ago