Business News - The Last 24 HoursRajan for a spending squeeze as India aims to cut deficit
Indiatimes - 40 min 35 sec ago
Rajan said Indian government may squeeze spending as it aims to reduce fiscal deficit to 4.8%, raising further concerns over the recovery of a slowing economy.
- Indiatimes - India demonstrated resilience amidst economic crisis: President - 2 hours 53 min ago
China's service sector may exceed manufacturing
Indiatimes - 1 hour 17 min ago
In a major sign of transformation of Chinese economy, annual output of its service sector may exceed that of the manufacturing sector.
- China Daily - Manufacturing PMI stays at 18-month high - 11 hours 53 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - In Taiwan, Export Figures Show Impact of Offshore Manufacturing - 3 hours 13 min ago
China looks abroad for urbanization ideas
China Daily - 1 hour 53 min ago
BEIJING - China's Foreign Ministry on Monday said the country is willing to enhance cooperation with other countries in urbanization as A UN General Assembly committee designated October 31 as World Cities Day. The UN General Assembly "decides to designate 31 October of every year, beginning in 2014 ...
- China Daily - China shifts away from economy-obsessed assessments - 1 hour 53 min ago
- Zero Hedge - South Korea Unveils It's Own Air Defense Zone, Overlapping China's And Japan's - 10 hours 52 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Why One Economist Is Concerned About China's Surging Exports - 13 hours 23 min ago
- WSJ Video - Hedging Australia's China Bets - 5 hours 35 min ago
PepsiCo names former Nokia MD D. Shivakumar as its CEO, India region
Indiatimes - 2 hours 3 min ago
PepsiCo names former Nokia MD D. Shivakumar as its CEO, India regionShivakumar will oversee all aspects of PepsiCo's India Region, which includes beverage brands such as Pepsi, Lay's, Tropicana and others.
- Indiatimes - European Union warns Nokia not to become 'patent troll' - 2 hours 56 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Nokia: 3 Different Insiders Have Sold Shares Since November 25 - 1 hour 23 min ago
Patnaik demands raising tax devaluation to 50 %
Indiatimes - 2 hours 8 min ago
Naveen Patnaik today demanded rise in the existing level of tax devolution to the states from 32 per cent of tax receipts of the Centre to 50 per cent.
- Sydney Morning Herald - Flat emissions result masks impact of carbon tax - 12 hours 49 min ago
- China Daily - Workers to pay income tax for annuities - 21 hours 53 min ago
- Forbes - Last-Minute Tips to Lower Taxable Income for 2013 - 29 min 43 sec ago
Spanish PM says falling wages help save jobs
France24 - 2 hours 38 min ago
Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy said Monday that falling wages had allowed Spain, which is grappling with an unemployment rate of nearly 26 percent, save jobs.Lower wages were "one of the keys" to overcome the economic crisis, he said in an interview with several European newspapers including Spain's l ...
German industrial output down in October
France24 - 2 hours 38 min ago
German industrial production shrank again in October, with economic activity down in all major sectors, official data showed on Monday.Industrial output contracted by 1.2 percent in October after already declining by 0.7 percent in September, the economy ministry calculated in preliminary data.Econo ...
- Forbes - Germany's Voters Lurch Left, Sacrificing The Country's Economic Future - 1 hour 53 min ago
- Der Spiegel - Record Trade: German Exports Reach All-Time High - 2 hours 2 min ago
OECD: Economic Outlook Improving
Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 42 min ago
Economic growth set to pick up in Europe, China and Canada, and may be about to accelerate in Russia and India, says OECD
- The Guardian - Labour's energy price cap unwise, says OECD chief - 14 hours 22 min ago
The New American Airlines Hits the Markets. Will Pilots Sell?
BusinessWeek - 3 hours 2 min ago
Labor groups get a 13.5 percent stake in the new airline, but whether pilots cash in depends on pending tax decisions and other factors
- DailyFinance - New American Airlines to Emerge as Deal Closes - 8 hours 44 min ago
Google shouldn't discriminate against opt-outs: EU
Indiatimes - 3 hours 5 min ago
Google has offered to let companies opt out of its specialized results without consequences for their general results ranking, but has not yet implemented that.
- AllThingsD - Google Makes Its Own Social Ads, With a Twist - 23 min 42 sec ago
- BusinessInsider - Today's Google Doodle Is A Tribute To Programming Pioneer Grace Hopper - 1 hour 33 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Is Google’s Stock The Best Way To Profit From Holiday Retail Action? - 22 hours 26 min ago
Was Microsoft's Apple Investment the Worst Deal Ever?
BusinessWeek - 3 hours 18 min ago
Since its $150 million lifeline to Apple in 1997, Microsoft's market value has fallen to $320 billion and Apple's has soared to $505 billion
- Seeking Alpha - Apple's Plans For Topsy Are Highly Value-Added - 23 min 29 sec ago
- Wall Street Pit - Pre-market Movers: Apple (AAPL), Walt Disney (DIS), Covidien (COV) - 39 min 51 sec ago
- BusinessInsider - Apple's iBeacon Is Ready To Take Over The Retail Sector - 1 hour 28 min ago
China trials new interest rate reform
China Daily - 3 hours 23 min ago
BEIJING - China's new guideline on deposit certificates in the interbank market became effective on Monday, with the latest edition of the Shanghai Securities News hailing this as a major trial in pushing interest rate liberalization. The paper said the guideline published on Sunday by the People's ...
- France24 - German regulators urge state eye on bank rates - 22 hours 38 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Why Stagnant Wages And Trends In Interest Rates Make Me A Longer-Term Doomer - 3 hours 23 min ago
- The Guardian - Halifax links credit card costs to Bank of England base rate - 3 hours 57 min ago
- BusinessInsider - China Took An Important Step Towards Liberalizing Interest Rates This Weekend - 10 hours 58 min ago
HSBC sees fiscal deficit breaching 5% mark in FY14
Indiatimes - 3 hours 33 min ago
Chidambaram has been stressing he will meet the fiscal deficit target of 4.8% of the GDP, but HSBC said the spending-revenue gap may rise to 5.1%.
- Indiatimes - HSBC mulls spin-off of British division: Report - 5 hours 25 min ago
- The Guardian - Analysts sceptical of reported HSBC flotation in UK - 55 min 9 sec ago
Oil prices climb in Asian trade
France24 - 3 hours 58 min ago
Oil prices rose in Asian trade Monday as robust US jobs data boosted hopes for stronger energy demand in the world's biggest economy.New York's main contract, West Texas Intermediate (WTI) for January delivery, was up 18 cents at $97.83 a barrel in afternoon trade, while Brent North Sea crude for Ja ...
- Wall Street Journal - Finding Safety in Shale If Oil Weakens - 14 hours 56 min ago
European stocks rise at open; London up 0.16%
France24 - 3 hours 58 min ago
European stock markets rose in opening deals on Monday, extending Friday's late pre-weekend rally and before key third-quarter eurozone economic growth data.London's FTSE 100 index climbed 0.16 percent to 6,562.46 points, Frankfurt's DAX 30 index added 0.51 percent to 9,218.81 points and in Paris th ...
- Naked Capitalism - Rob Parenteau: How to Exit Austerity, Without Exiting the Euro - 8 hours 23 min ago
Food price rise alert for Scotland
BBC - 4 hours 3 min ago
Some of the UK's biggest supermarkets may consider increasing their prices north of the border, should Scotland vote for independence next year.
- BBC - Food prices in an independent Scotland - 4 hours 12 min ago
France's central bank raises growth forecast
Indiatimes - 4 hours 54 min ago
The Bank of France had initially predicted 0.4 percent growth during this period.
- Sydney Morning Herald - Yuan hits record against greenback as central bank signals policy shift - 7 hours 29 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Amend The Fed: We Need A Central Bank That Serves Main Street - 4 hours 23 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Is Egypt's Growth Focused Central Bank Ignoring Inflation? - 19 hours 20 min ago
German trade surplus declines in October
France24 - 6 hours 18 min ago
Germany's trade surplus contracted in October as imports grew faster than exports, falling to 16.8 billion euros in October from 18.7 billion euros in September, official data showed on Monday. In seasonally adjusted terms, Germany exported goods worth 92.9 billion euros ($127 billion) in October, u ...
- China Daily - Trade surplus hit record high in Nov - 21 hours 53 min ago
- The Guardian - Chinese and German trade data reassures stock markets - business live - 5 hours 33 min ago
WTO agreement to boost global growth, cut poverty: Report
Indiatimes - 7 hours 23 min ago
US President Barack Obama welcomed the multilateral trade agreement, saying it would eliminate red tape and bureaucratic delays.
- Wall Street Journal - WTO Deal Shows Hurdles to Trade Pacts - 16 hours 37 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - U.S. Trade Rep: Bali Deal Shows WTO's Potential - 3 hours 52 min ago
- BusinessInsider - The WTO Just Came To A Historic Trade Deal — Here's What You Need To Know - 14 hours 2 min ago
- Reuters Video - Breakingviews: WTO's small victory saves it from irrelevance - 3 hours 53 min ago
Japan cuts 3Q economic growth estimate to 1.1 per cent
Indiatimes - 8 hours 6 min ago
The government said the world's third-largest economy grew an annualized 1.1 per cent last quarter, less than half the pace of previous one.
- France24 - Japan revises down third-quarter economic growth - 9 hours 58 min ago
- BBC - Japan's economic growth revised down - 12 hours 2 min ago
- The Guardian - Japanese economic growth lower than expected - 5 hours 39 min ago
Hedge Funds May Rebound and Spoil Buffett's Bet
Wall Street Journal - 9 hours 43 sec ago
Ahead of the Tape: Warren Buffett is well ahead on a bet he made six years ago that a simple stock index fund would beat a stable of hedge funds. But the pendulum may be about to swing the other way.
- Indiatimes - ARCM raises $1.1 billion in Asia's biggest hedge fund launch this year - 9 hours 38 min ago
- The Big Picture - A Closer Look at Hedge Fund Under-Performance - 1 hour 23 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Masonite In Major Hedge Funds' Sight - 22 hours 23 min ago
- The Guardian - Are you ready for hedge fund TV? - 23 hours 53 min ago
Microsoft leads disruption of largest infected global PC network
Sydney Morning Herald - 9 hours 26 min ago
Microsoft says it has disrupted the largest network of compromised personal computers, involving some 2 million machines around the world, since it stepped up its battle against organised online criminals three years ago.
- TechCrunch - Playing Next-Microsoft-CEO Bingo - 12 hours 43 min ago
Jobless rate to stay just short of 6%
Sydney Morning Herald - 9 hours 41 min ago
Jobs figures out on Thursday are expected to show a slight rise in the unemployment rate to 5.8 per cent in November.
- Reuters - Democrats wouldn't reject U.S. budget deal over jobless aid: senator - 19 hours 53 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Lawmakers: Jobless-Benefits Fight Won't Derail Budget Deal - 15 hours 43 min ago
GM to close Holden plants, says Wall Street Journal
Sydney Morning Herald - 11 hours 16 min ago
A report in The Wall Street Journal has added to speculation that General Motors has already decided to end production of Holden cars in Australia.
- Sydney Morning Herald - GM to close Holden plants, says US report - 11 hours 16 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - GM Paring Production at Troubled Units - 13 hours 1 min ago
Tips for first time investors in stock markets
Indiatimes - 11 hours 52 min ago
Even first-time investors can be successful if they are disciplined and follow these rules diligently.
- 24/7 Wall St. - Cowen Top Tech Stocks to Buy for 2014: VMware, Citrix Check Point, FireEye - 43 min 19 sec ago
- DailyFinance - Can Stocks Weather Grim Profit Outlooks? - 7 hours 38 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Psychology, Valuations And The Stock Market - 23 hours 23 min ago
China inflation slows to 3.0% in November: govt
France24 - 11 hours 58 min ago
Chinese inflation decelerated to 3.0 percent in November, the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) said Monday, well under the government's target for the year.The annual rise in the consumer price index (CPI), a main gauge of inflation, compared with an increase of 3.2 percent recorded in October.It ...
Turkish delight at China's fascination with its home appliance manufacturer
China Daily - 12 hours 23 min ago
Beko refrigerators on display in Suzhou, Jiangsu province. The Turkish home appliance maker believes that satisfying particular buyers' wishes is important to sales success. [Photo / Provided to China Daily] Reflecting some of the settings on its products, multinational home appliance maker ...
- BBC - Chinese export growth accelerates - 13 hours 44 min ago
- Sydney Morning Herald - Dollar jumps on China, US data - 17 hours 35 min ago
- Zero Hedge - China October Gold Imports Surge To Second Highest Ever - 21 hours 5 min ago
Japan's GDP Growth Slows
Wall Street Journal - 13 hours 5 min ago
Japan's economy posted slower growth in the third quarter than previously estimated while current account figures for October showed a surprise deficit, weak data that suggests a bump in the road to recovery under Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's growth strategy.
- Sydney Morning Herald - Japan GDP increases 0.3pc - 14 hours 2 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - U.S. Recovery Shows New Strength With GDP Growth Up To 3.6 Percent And Unemployment Down To 7 Percent - 6 hours 23 min ago
No better time to renationalise Qantas
Sydney Morning Herald - 13 hours 29 min ago
With interest rates at an all-time low and its shares close to their lowest price, now is the time to return Qantas to public ownership which is surely what most Australians want.
- Sydney Morning Herald - New Qantas uniforms mean it's the crew who will be taking off - 22 hours 23 min ago
Fuel plan 'could bankrupt investors'
BBC - 14 hours 23 min ago
The OECD says Labour's plan to freeze energy bills if it wins the 2015 election could put investors in energy firms in financial danger.
- New York Times - In Shepherding Detroit Bankruptcy, Lawyer Tackles a Job He Didn’t Ask For - 14 hours 35 min ago