Business News - The Last 24 HoursCharity defends airport green tax
BBC - 46 min 54 sec ago
The conservation charity WWF Scotland cautions against moves to scrap Air Passenger Duty for departures from Scotland.
- Indiatimes - No commitment yet by Fadnavis on removal of road toll or local body tax - 2 hours 58 min ago
- New York Times - Hungary Drops Internet Tax Plan After Surge of Protests - 11 hours 3 min ago
- BBC - Global tax rules 'need tightening' - 12 hours 19 min ago
- China Daily - 37 billion yuan of taxes reduced for China's small firms - 17 hours 58 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Japan Policy Makers Act in Unison As Sales-Tax Decision Looms - 6 hours 13 min ago
- Kiplinger - States Are Lowering Their Estate Taxes to Lure Retirees - 21 hours 29 min ago
- Reuters Video - Protests stall Hungary's internet tax - 8 hours 29 min ago
NSW Police asked to join taskforce to investigate corruption in building industry
Sydney Morning Herald - 1 hour 4 min ago
The NSW Police Force has been asked to join a multi-state law-enforcement taskforce to investigate suspected ties between organised crime and union officials.
- Sydney Morning Herald - Royal commission on union corruption told Julia Gillard should be cleared of any crime - 18 hours 10 min ago
Hong Kong politician likens protesters to American slaves
Sydney Morning Herald - 1 hour 9 min ago
A leading Hong Kong businesswoman and member of the city's Executive Council, which deliberates policy, compared the struggle of pro-democracy protesters to that of slaves in the American South in the 19th century. The remarks, which ran in a local English-language daily, have triggered an angry res ...
- Reuters - Thousands denounce HSBC board member's likening of Hong Kong people to freed slaves - 13 hours 7 min ago
- AP - Hong Kong protesters: Images of determination - 18 hours 59 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Prominent Chinese Politician Compared Hong Kong Protesters To American Slaves - 11 hours 54 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Hong Kong Students Consider Taking Protest to Beijing - 17 hours 26 min ago
- Reuters Video - Breakingviews: Hong Kong protests becoming a PR minefield - 21 hours 31 min ago
RBS Joins Banks Bracing for Forex Penalties
Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 32 min ago
Royal Bank of Scotland said it set aside $640 million to cover potential fines for the alleged manipulation of foreign-exchange rates, as the British bank swung to a third-quarter net profit.
- Indiatimes - RBS takes $640 mn forex hit and warns more to come - 12 hours 34 min ago
- BBC - Ulster Bank to be retained by RBS - 17 hours 39 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - RBS Third-Quarter Earnings: The Key Takeaways - 9 hours 11 min ago
Low-interest rates to pose a challenge for insurers: Irda
Indiatimes - 2 hours 58 min ago
The insurance regulator has warned that a low interest rate regime could pose a challenge for insurance companies in giving good returns to policy holders.
- BBC - Russia raises interest rates to 9.5% - 13 hours 56 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - Russia Raises Interest Rates - 14 hours 14 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Russian ruble hits new dollar low despite rate rise - 11 hours 20 min ago
AIG Agrees to $35 Million Fine to Settle with New York
Wall Street Journal - 5 hours 12 min ago
AIG agreed to a $35 million fine to settle with New York’s top financial regulator over allegations an international business it has since sold had marketed insurance in the state to multinational companies without proper licensing.
- Indiatimes - AIG to pay $35 million fine, says New York insurance regulator - 5 hours 14 min ago
Twitter's Latest Reshuffle Doesn't Inspire Confidence
BusinessWeek - 6 hours 6 min ago
Daniel Graf is out, and Twitter has its fifth product head in five years
- BBC - Ferdinand 'baffled' at Twitter fine - 7 hours 4 min ago
- Wall Street Pit - Twitter (TWTR) Demotes VP of Product Daniel Graf - 11 hours 19 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Bounce In Twitter To Be Short-Lived - 15 hours 27 min ago
Nissan Recalls 1,800 SUVs Over Another Defect in Takata-Made Airbags
New York Times - 6 hours 30 min ago
The new problem, which could cause too much pressure in an airbag’s casing, is different from the defect that prompted the recall of about 14 million vehicles in recent years.
- Wall Street Journal - Nissan Recall Adds to Takata Woes - 9 hours 16 min ago
- Indiatimes - Nissan recalls Infiniti SUVs to fix air bags - 11 hours 57 min ago
World stocks rally after Japanese stimulus
Indiatimes - 7 hours 31 min ago
The dollar pushed past 111 yen after the Japanese central bank acted, and after the United States released forecast-busting economic growth data.
- Indiatimes - Bank of Japan redoubles efforts to revive economy - 8 hours 39 min ago
- New York Times - Monetary Policy: What the Bank of Japan’s Surprise Move Means for the Global Economy - 9 hours 30 min ago
- AP - Japan stocks soar 5 percent, yen falls on stimulus - 18 hours 59 min ago
- The Guardian - Bank of Japan to inject 80 trillion yen into its economy - 12 hours 23 min ago
- Economist's View - Paul Krugman: Apologizing to Japan - 18 hours 14 min ago
- CNN Video - Trick or treat for Japan's economy? - 9 hours 46 min ago
- Reuters Video - Stocks soar, yen sinks on Japan stimulus shocker - 16 hours 10 min ago
Sony's quarterly loss balloons on mobile woes
Indiatimes - 7 hours 40 min ago
The Tokyo-based maker of the PlayStation 4 video game machines, Spider-Man movies and Xperia smartphones had reported a 19.6 billion yen loss.
- New York Times - Sony Reports Narrower Second-Quarter Loss Than Estimated - 18 hours 13 min ago
- Indiatimes - Half-year loss balloons six-fold to almost $1.0 bn: Sony - 18 hours 51 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - Sony Posts Hefty Loss for July-September - 18 hours 57 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Sony (SNE) Q2 2015 Results - Earnings Call Transcript - 9 hours 39 min ago
- TechCrunch - Sony Writes Off $1.5B From Its Mobile Division As It Cuts Smartphone Sales Target Again - 18 hours 2 min ago
Exxon, Chevron shrug off effect of low oil prices
Indiatimes - 8 hours 6 min ago
Exxon and Chevron leaned on strong performances from their refining operations to increase profits in the third quarter despite plummeting global oil prices.
- New York Times - Exxon Mobil and Chevron Report Strong Earnings Despite Fall in Oil Prices - 9 hours 50 min ago
- Reuters - Exxon, Chevron results boosted by refining as oil prices slip - 11 hours 43 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - Strong Dollar Adds to Oil's Woes - 14 hours 25 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Here's How Big Oil Is Beating Earnings Estimates Despite Collapsing Oil Prices - 7 hours 2 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - 4 Stocks to Buy That Benefit Big From Lower Oil Prices - 13 hours 14 min ago
Samsung says Microsoft deal invites charges of collusion: Filing
Indiatimes - 8 hours 20 min ago
Microsoft's Windows phones have failed to take significant market share from iPhone maker Apple Inc and devices running on Android.
- Wall Street Journal - Has Samsung Lost Its Grip to China? - 17 hours 12 min ago
- Indiatimes - Samsung unveils two new handsets for Chinese market - 20 hours 49 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Samsung Could Refocus Growth Strategy As Q3 Earnings Plummet - 5 hours 52 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Samsung Just Announced Two New Galaxy Phones, And They Kinda Look Like The iPhone - 12 hours 19 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Samsung Plots China Comeback With New Phone Models - 13 hours 8 min ago
- TechCrunch - Samsung announces the Galaxy A5 and Galaxy A3, its “slimmest smartphones to date” - 20 hours 45 min ago
Your Boss Will Love the New Starbucks Delivery Service
BusinessWeek - 9 hours 19 min ago
Starbucks will start a coffee delivery program in late 2015, giving other companies' employees one fewer excuse to leave the office
- Reuters - Starbucks Americas sales disappoint on softer traffic - 17 hours 47 min ago
- BusinessInsider - CHART OF THE DAY: Starbucks' Mobile App Is Going Gangbusters (SBUX) - 4 hours 39 min ago
- Zacks - Weak Starbucks (SBUX) Earnings Could Be Trouble for These ETFs - ETF News And Commentary - 9 hours 28 min ago
- Time Business - Starbucks Announces Plans for Coffee Delivery Service - 16 hours 8 min ago
- DailyFinance - Want Your Starbucks Fix Delivered? There's an App for That - 18 hours 44 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Starbucks' (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz on Q4 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript - 20 hours 51 min ago
- Reuters Video - Starbucks to begin delivering coffee in late 2015 - 7 hours 16 min ago
- WSJ Video - Starbucks Sets Delivery Service, and More - 7 hours 22 min ago
Barclays confident it will exceed BoE's leverage ratio demand
Indiatimes - 9 hours 48 min ago
Bank of England said the amount of capital British lenders must hold relative to their exposure to loans - could rise to up to 4.95 percent from 2019.
- Indiatimes - Shares in Barclays up 7 pc after BoE leverage ratio delay - 10 hours 20 min ago
Wall Street rallied broadly as BOJ ramps up stimulus
Indiatimes - 10 hours 35 min ago
Wall Street rallied broadly as BOJ ramps up stimulusThe Dow industrials hit a record high as stocks rallied on Wall Street after the Bank of Japan significantly ramped up its stimulus program.
- New York Times - Wall St. Gets a Big Assist From Bank of Japan - 11 hours 40 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Wall Street Cheers 3Q Results of Commercial Real Estate Firms - 18 min 18 sec ago
- BusinessInsider - Here's The Memo Jefferies' CEO Wrote Supporting The Banker Whose Divorce Stunned Wall Street - 4 hours 12 min ago
- DailyFinance - Market Wrap: Wall Street Caps Wild Month with New Records - 8 hours 36 min ago
- Zacks - Global Markets Not Spooked by Japan - Ahead of Wall Street - 11 hours 5 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Wall Street Breakfast: Global Shares Jump After BOJ Eases Policy - 14 hours 56 min ago
- WSJ Video - Bank of Japan News Surprises Wall Street - 12 hours 53 min ago
DealBook: Discovery of JPMorgan Cyberattack Aided by Company That Runs Race Website for Bank
New York Times - 10 hours 43 min ago
A small Michigan company that runs the website for the JPMorgan Chase Corporate Challenge played a role in helping the nation’s largest bank find the big cyberattack into its computer system this summer.
- Sydney Morning Herald - JPMorgan Chase opts to stay put - 12 hours 43 min ago
Dow, S&P surge into record territory after Japan stimulus
Indiatimes - 11 hours 18 min ago
Dow, S&P surge into record territory after Japan stimulusThe Dow and S&P 500 surged into fresh record territory in opening trade Friday after the Bank of Japan's surprise stimulus move lifted global equity markets.
- Morningstar - Stocks End Higher After Surprise Bank of Japan Move - 4 hours 14 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Dow, S&P 500 soar to new records on Bank of Japan stimulus - 5 hours 10 min ago
- Minyanville - Bank of Japan Stimulus Ignites Furious Rally - 5 hours 13 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Investors React to Bank of Japan's Stimulus Measures - 7 hours 53 min ago
- The Guardian - FTSE ends traumatic month on upbeat note after Bank of Japan boost - 8 hours 38 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Gold, Silver Skid on Japanese Easing - 11 hours 13 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Bank of Japan Reaction Context: Nikkei 225 Is Up 1000 Points In 7 Hours - 13 hours 5 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Bank Of Japan Further Diverges From The U.S. Fed - Risk Trades In Focus - 17 hours 46 min ago
ExxonMobil posts 3% surprise profit jump on refining
Indiatimes - 12 hours 30 min ago
ExxonMobil Corp profits rose 3% in the third quarter as strong refining performance offset lower revenues from falling oil prices and production.
- New York Times - Exxon Third-Quarter Profit Rises 3 Percent on Refining; Shares Gain - 12 hours 37 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - Exxon Posts Strong Results - 13 hours 2 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Exxon Mobil (XOM) Q3 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript - 3 hours 30 min ago
- Zacks - ExxonMobil Q3 Earnings Beat Estimates on Improved Margins - Analyst Blog - 12 hours 8 sec ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Exxon Earnings Top Lowered Expectations - 12 hours 19 min ago
Eurozone inflation creeps up to 0.4 percent
Indiatimes - 13 hours 3 min ago
Inflation was up from 0.3 percent the month before. The figure announced Friday by EU statistics agency Eurostat was in line with market expectations.
- New York Times - Eurozone Inflation Ticks Up in October - 14 hours 51 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - Eurozone Inflation Picks Up in October - 15 hours 20 min ago
- Reuters - Euro zone inflation slightly higher in October - 15 hours 22 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Europe Is Still At Risk Despite A Jump In Inflation - 15 hours 1 min ago
- CNN Video - The Eurozone's zombie banks - 11 hours 6 min ago
Deflation, not inflation, the new risk for economy
Indiatimes - 14 hours 6 min ago
A generation of economists and central bankers who lived through the 1970s learned that there is a large risk from runaway inflation.
- Indiatimes - Japan at "critical moment" in exiting deflation: BoJ chief - 17 hours 46 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Deflation Hit More Eurozone Products in October - 5 hours 35 min ago
- The Guardian - Eurozone inflation edges up but not enough to ease concerns about deflation - 7 hours 49 min ago
You’re the Boss Blog: Small Businesses Assess Their Apple Pay Options
New York Times - 14 hours 28 min ago
So far, a payment-processing executive said, businesses fall into one of three buckets: “those who actively want to use it, those who are exploring it and those that want to wait and see.”
- Sydney Morning Herald - Apple chief Tim Cook's coming out 'will resonate' - 20 hours 33 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Trent Reznor Is Working On A Top Secret Apple Project (AAPL) - 5 hours 5 min ago
- TechCrunch - Trent Reznor’s Apple Special Project Is In “The World” Of Music Delivery - 6 hours 23 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Apple's Jony Ive Says Smartwatch Was Design Challenge - 7 hours 23 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Apple Pay Looks Vastly Better Positioned Than MCX - 10 hours 50 min ago
Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows
Reuters - 15 hours 1 min ago
TOKYO (Reuters) - The Bank of Japan shocked global financial markets on Friday by expanding its massive stimulus spending in a stark admission that economic growth and inflation have not picked up as much as expected after a sales tax hike in April.
- New York Times - Japan’s Central Bank Unexpectedly Moves to Stimulate Economy - 18 hours 18 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - Swiss Central Bank Swings to Profit - 18 hours 36 min ago
Wal-Mart to expand discounts as retail price war heats up
Reuters - 15 hours 20 min ago
(Reuters) - Wal-Mart Stores Inc said it will expand its offering of discounted products during the holiday season and may broaden a price-matching scheme to include online rivals, in the latest sign of an escalating price war among big U.S. retailers.
- WSJ Blogs - MoneyGram Feels Wal-Mart Sting, But Its Stock Feels It Even More - 3 hours 6 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Walmart to Start Holiday Shopping Deals on November 1 - 14 hours 55 min ago
- DailyFinance - Week's Winners, Losers: Amazon On Fire, Walmart Fired On - 15 hours 27 min ago
- Kiplinger - Don't Fall for This Walmart Mystery Shopper Scam - 21 hours 29 min ago
- NY Post - Walmart mulling plan to price-match online competitors - 21 hours 47 min ago
German retail sales post biggest drop for 7 years: Official data
Indiatimes - 15 hours 21 min ago
German retailers' sales, which tend to be volatile and frequently revised, slumped 3.2 per cent in September compared to the figure of August.
- China Daily - China sees a retail growth of olive oil - 15 hours 58 min ago
- Time Business - Retailers Are Launching Black Friday Sales the Day After Halloween - 8 hours 44 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Everything You Need To Know About Beacons, The Tech Big Retail Is Counting On To Drive Holiday Sales - 9 hours 14 min ago
iPhone loses subsidies in China
China Daily - 15 hours 29 min ago
Tony Zhan, 32, holds up his new iPhone 6 Plus after it went on sale at the Apple store in Pasadena, California September 19, 2014. [Photo/Agencies] Chinese telecom operators are reportedly cutting subsidies to Apple's popular iPhone smartphones, reducing the California company's dependence ...
- Indiatimes - China says its factory sector faces growth headwinds - 16 hours 25 min ago
- China Daily - China adds 10.82 million new jobs in Jan-Sept - 17 hours 28 min ago
BNP Paribas surprises with Q3 profit boost, shares rise
Indiatimes - 15 hours 54 min ago
Net profit of BNP Paribas for the third quarter rose by 10.6 per cent from the equivalent figure last year to 1.5 billion euros ($1.88 billion).
- Wall Street Journal - BNP Paribas Lifts Profit - 18 hours 46 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - BNP Paribas (BNPQF) Q3 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript - 2 hours 10 min ago
- Reuters Video - BNP Paribas avoids banking blues - 10 hours 58 min ago
AB InBev Sales Fall
Wall Street Journal - 16 hours 8 min ago
Anheuser-Busch InBev reported that weakness in the U.S., Russia and Ukraine weighed on sales volumes in the third quarter, even as cost cuts and strong sales elsewhere boosted profit.
- Wall Street Journal - AB InBev Hit by Weakness in Russia, Ukraine - 18 hours 41 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV's (BUD) CEO Carlos Alves de Brito on Q3 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript - 6 hours 38 min ago
- Zacks - AB InBev Q3 Earnings Miss Estimates but Up Y/Y, View Intact - Analyst Blog - 8 hours 59 min ago
Tencent teams up with IBM to offer biz software over cloud
Indiatimes - 16 hours 14 min ago
Tencent said it would tap IBM for its "industry expertise and enterprise reach" but did not disclose financial terms of the deal.
- Wall Street Journal - Tencent, IBM Team Up on Services for Businesses - 18 hours 26 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - IBM: 5 Reasons To Buy Now - 5 hours 6 min ago
- BusinessInsider - IBM CEO Ginni Rometty Is Doing Everything She Can To Turn Her 'Visionless' Company Around - 6 hours 41 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - IBM and China’s Tencent Begin Cloud Partership - 14 hours 56 min ago
Germany welcomes Chinese investments in high-tech industry
China Daily - 16 hours 59 min ago
Germany welcomes Chinese investments in its real economy, especially in the field of advanced technology, German Ambassador to China Michael Clauss said at a forum on Monday. Clauss said China-Germany relations are enjoying a good momentum, with high-level visits and positive results in economy and ...
- Wall Street Journal - German Retail Sales Slump - 17 hours 46 min ago
- BusinessInsider - German Retail Sales Fall Through The Floor - 17 hours 55 min ago
Android co-founder Andy Rubin has left the Googleplex
Sydney Morning Herald - 20 hours 17 min ago
Andy Rubin, a high-ranking Google executive who earned the ire of the late Steve Jobs, has left the company.
- Indiatimes - Android co-founder Andy Rubin to leave Google - 20 hours 56 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Google Retools Its Flu Prediction Engine -- After Getting It Wrong - 42 min 15 sec ago
- TechCrunch - CrunchWeek: Google Hunts For Cancer, Microsoft’s Fitness Band, And Kim Kardashian Goes To A Tech Conference - 3 hours 14 min ago
- BusinessInsider - 11 Skills You Need To Master To Land A $100,000 Engineering Job At Google - 9 hours 40 min ago
- Time Business - Android Founder Ditches Google for Tech Startup - 10 hours 50 min ago
- WSJ Video - Andy Rubin: What's Next for Him Post-Google? - 9 hours 5 min ago