Business News - The Last 24 HoursPutin blasts the West in talk on Russia's economic woes
Sydney Morning Herald - 19 min 48 sec ago
Russia's economic crisis in which oil prices have sunk and the rouble has nearly halved in value will pass, President Vladimir Putin says.
- BBC - The casualties of Russia's decline - 4 hours 42 min ago
- BusinessWeek - Why Russia's Huge Pile of Cash Isn't Enough to Save Its Economy - 5 hours 38 min ago
- Indiatimes - Russian rouble slips as Putin speech fails to impress - 8 hours 34 min ago
- BusinessInsider - EU leaders press Russia, urge new investment - 1 hour 25 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Is Russia Being Driven Into the Arms of China? - 5 hours 13 min ago
- CNN Video - Russian expats hurt by sanctions - 1 hour 2 min ago
- Reuters Video - EZ leaders grapple with economy, Russia - 5 hours 58 min ago
Fed Delays Volcker Rule Restriction on Fund Ownership
Wall Street Journal - 20 min 57 sec ago
The Federal Reserve said it would give banks two more years to sell private-equity and hedge-fund stakes covered by the Volcker rule.
- Sydney Morning Herald - Aust bonds weaker after Fed statement - 1 hour 27 min ago
- BBC - Part of Volcker rule delayed by Fed - 2 hours 27 min ago
- Indiatimes - Federal Reserve policy meet: Bill Gross backs Paul Krugman's view on inflation - 17 hours 9 min ago
- Reuters - Fed confident on U.S. growth, opens door wider to rate hike - 22 hours 40 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Here Comes Philly Fed ... (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM) - 8 hours 59 min ago
- Economist's View - Fed Watch: Quick FOMC Recap - 22 hours 6 min ago
Sony cyberattack: North Korea confrontation possible as US mulls response
Sydney Morning Herald - 24 min 27 sec ago
The United States is weighing up how it should react to the cyberattack on Sony Pictures, an official says.
- Reuters - Washington weighs response to Sony hack; options limited - 1 hour 34 min ago
- New York Times - U.S. Weighs Response to Sony Cyberattack, With North Korea Confrontation Possible - 2 hours 29 min ago
- Sydney Morning Herald - The lesson of the Sony hack: we should all jump to the erasable internet - 3 hours 26 sec ago
- AP - Timeline of the Sony Pictures Entertainment hack - 3 hours 15 min ago
- Indiatimes - Sony hack a 'serious national security matter': White House | Costliest ever - 3 hours 38 min ago
- BBC - Sony hack is 'US security issue' - 4 hours 52 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - The Morning Download: Sony Attack Is Cybersecurity's 'Snowden' Moment - 4 hours 48 min ago
- Time Business - White House Doesn’t Rule Out Cyber Counterattack in Sony Hack - 4 hours 49 min ago
- TechCrunch - Sony SmartWatch 3 Review - 4 hours 52 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Sony hack a 'serious national security matter': White House - 5 hours 1 min ago
- Zero Hedge - White House Confirms Sony Hack Is "National Security" Matter, Merits "Approporiate Response" - 5 hours 32 min ago
- Zacks - Sony Scraps "The Interview" Release on Hackers' Threat - Analyst Blog - 8 hours 55 min ago
- Reuters Video - Mixed reviews on Sony movie cut - 2 hours 1 min ago
- WSJ Video - More U.S. Companies Vulnerable to Sony-Style Hacks - 2 hours 37 min ago
Exclusive: Google aiming to go straight into car with next Android - sources
Reuters - 1 hour 27 min ago
SAN FRANCISCO/DETROIT (Reuters) - Google Inc is laying the groundwork for a version of Android that would be built directly into cars, sources said, allowing drivers to enjoy all the benefits of the Internet without even plugging in their smartphones.
- Indiatimes - Case lodged against Google on Survey of India's complaint - 8 hours 14 min ago
- BusinessInsider - This One Chart Shows Why Google Needs A 'Buy' Button (GOOG) - 59 min 40 sec ago
Google Android antitrust lawsuit too vague, US judge says
Sydney Morning Herald - 1 hour 34 min ago
Claims that Google's Android rules restrict competing apps and therefore raise the price of phones are speculative and need more facts, judge says.
- Indiatimes - Google looks to head off US antitrust lawsuit over Android - 15 hours 37 min ago
Ireland repays $11 billion to IMF years early
Indiatimes - 4 hours 1 min ago
Finance Minister Michael Noonan thanked European Union partners for permitting the early repayment, which required special parliamentary approval by other EU members.
- Indiatimes - IMF agrees to release USD 1 billion to Pakistan - 17 hours 52 min ago
- Zero Hedge - IMF Now Ready To Slam The Door On The U.S. And The Dollar - 20 hours 20 min ago
Luxembourg Agrees to Share Details of Corporate Tax Deals
Wall Street Journal - 4 hours 3 min ago
Luxembourg agreed Thursday to share with the European Commission information on tax deals secured by multinational companies with operations in the small nation.
- Sydney Morning Herald - Important changes to fuel tax credits - 4 hours 43 min ago
- Indiatimes - Income Tax unearths undeclared income of two industrial houses - 8 hours 9 min ago
- Reuters - After Juncker, Luxembourg seeks tax gurus' help - 14 hours 40 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Tax Inversions Wrap Up - 3 hours 44 min ago
- The Guardian - Airbnb agrees to collect Amsterdam tourist tax - 4 hours 38 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Japan Targets Wealthy With Exit Tax - 9 hours 48 sec ago
- TechCrunch - Airbnb To Start Collecting Tourist Tax In Amsterdam - 10 hours 32 min ago
Goldman's Waldron Replaces Weinberg as Investment Banking Co-Head
Wall Street Journal - 4 hours 23 min ago
Goldman Sachs Group Inc. promoted John Waldron to co-head of investment-banking, replacing John S. Weinberg, a vice chairman whose father and grandfather once led the Wall Street firm.
- BusinessInsider - Meet Goldman's New 45-Year-Old Co-Head Of The Investment Bank - 3 hours 3 min ago
Ruble Pressures Auto Makers to Rethink Russia Business
Wall Street Journal - 4 hours 29 min ago
Car makers aren’t pulling out of Russia yet, but they are growing increasingly nervous and moving to control the damage from plunging consumer demand and exposure to Russia’s swooning currency.
- AP - FACT CHECK: Putin on the ruble collapse, Ukraine - 5 hours 45 min ago
- Indiatimes - Poll: 80% back Vladimir Putin even as ruble falls - 8 hours 50 min ago
- Reuters - Putin reassures Russians ruble will rise again - 12 hours 58 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Seadrill: Perspectives Of Contract With Rosneft Amid The Collapse Of The Russian Ruble - 16 min 44 sec ago
- NY Post - Russia’s wealthiest lose 46% to ruble’s plummeting value - 18 hours 5 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Russians Race Out to Buy Things as Ruble Collapses - 21 hours 36 min ago
VIDEO: 'Exhausted workforce' in Apple factory
BBC - 4 hours 43 min ago
A BBC investigation for Panorama has exposed poor working conditions in factories making Apple products in China.
- BBC - Apple 'failing to protect workers' - 6 hours 41 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Here's What People Don't Get About Apple Pay: It's Not Just Changing Payments (AAPL) - 1 hour 32 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - GT Advanced Technologies: Judge's Sign-Off Of Apple Settlement Sets Company Back On An Old Course - 1 hour 56 min ago
- TechCrunch - Touch ID Patent Application Shows Apple Could Expand Home Button Features - 7 hours 44 min ago
Oil price fall forces firm revamp
BBC - 5 hours 31 min ago
A Canadian company operating in the North Sea has been forced to restructure its debt following the fall in oil price.
- Reuters - Pimco sees global growth ramping up in 2015, boosted by lower oil - 6 hours 43 min ago
- Indiatimes - Gulf stocks rebound strongly as oil price steadies - 8 hours 46 min ago
- BBC - Fall in oil prices 'temporary' - 9 hours 24 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - Mitsui CEO: U.S., Saudis Pushing Oil Lower - 18 hours 46 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Comstock Suspends Drilling In Eagle Ford Due To Plunging Oil Prices - 2 hours 18 min ago
- Zacks - China Solar Stocks Hit by New Tariffs & Sinking Oil Prices - Analyst Blog - 2 hours 48 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Where To Focus In Emerging Markets With The Oil Price Collapse - 4 hours 37 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Grand Central: Yellen Playbook Puts Slack Over Oil Price Declines - 5 hours 21 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Saudi Arabia Can't Afford To Have Oil Prices This Low For Very Long (USO) - 6 hours 56 min ago
- CNN Video - This oil CEO isn't afraid of falling prices - 7 hours 20 min ago
Bits Blog: Uber Driver in Boston Area Charged With Rape
New York Times - 5 hours 32 min ago
The man is accused of picking up a young woman in Boston on Dec. 6 while presenting himself as the driver for a ride-sharing service.
- New York Times - Bits Blog: Uber Pledges to Strengthen Background Checks for Drivers - 5 hours 38 min ago
- Indiatimes - Amid scrutiny, Uber vows bigger focus on safety - 19 hours 3 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Uber Should Not Raise Prices During Emergencies - 1 hour 6 min ago
- Zacks - China Stock Roundup: Baidu Acquires Uber Stake, China Telecom, Unicom Expand Hybrid LTE Trials - Analyst Blog - 5 hours 13 min ago
- NY Post - Uber promises enhanced driver screening amid rape allegations - 6 hours 42 min ago
- TechCrunch - Estonia’s Taxify, An Anti-Uber Taxi App, Raises €1.4M For Further European Expansion - 8 hours 14 min ago
Exxon Mobil says strikes more shale oil, gas again in Argentine region
Indiatimes - 6 hours 8 min ago
Exxon said the well produced a flow rate of 448 barrels per day of oil and 1 million cubic feet of gas per day in the first test.
Sterling hits two-week high vs euro after retail sales boost
Indiatimes - 6 hours 21 min ago
The British currency recovered about half a per cent in morning trade after retail sales for November rose 1.6%, against a forecast of 0.3%.
- Indiatimes - Black Friday discounts lift UK retail sales growth to 10-yr high - 9 hours 54 min ago
- BBC - Retail sales boosted by Black Friday - 13 hours 53 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Discounts Fuel Fastest U.K. Retail Sales Growth In Over A Decade - 9 hours 49 min ago
- The Guardian - Black Friday sparks biggest retail sales boost in a decade - 11 hours 30 min ago
- BusinessInsider - UK RETAIL SALES SURGE UP 6.9% IN NOVEMBER - 14 hours 12 min ago
British Airways-owner IAG says Aer Lingus rejects approach
Indiatimes - 6 hours 42 min ago
IAG said in a statement on Thursday that it was issuing the statement in response to the recent movement in Aer Lingus's share price.
- New York Times - DealBook: Aer Lingus Rejects Takeover Bid by Parent of British Airways - 7 hours 3 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - IAG Bids for Aer Lingus - 7 hours 31 min ago
- BBC - Aer Lingus shares jump on bid report - 8 hours 18 min ago
- The Guardian - British Airways’ owner moves to take over Aer Lingus - 6 hours 39 min ago
U.S. jobless claims signal firmer labor market; other data mixed
Reuters - 7 hours 3 min ago
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The number of Americans filing new claims for unemployment benefits unexpectedly fell last week, suggesting the labor market continued to strengthen.
- New York Times - U.S. Jobless Claims Point to Firmer Labor Market - 9 hours 51 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - U.S. Jobless Claims Fall - 10 hours 12 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Jobless Claims Better Than Expected - 3 hours 53 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Weekly Jobless Claims Holding Consistent - 9 hours 10 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Jobless Claims Decline Across The US, But Jump In Two Shale States - 10 hours 2 min ago
- BusinessInsider - NICE BIG DROP IN JOBLESS CLAIMS (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ) - 10 hours 15 min ago
Britain targets financial fraud with anti-corruption police unit
Indiatimes - 7 hours 10 min ago
The new unit will sit within the National Crime Agency (NCA), Britain's equivalent to the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).
- Sydney Morning Herald - Crime and Corruption Commission charges pair with license fraud - 18 hours 26 min ago
- The Guardian - Anti-corruption rules fail to force clarity on property ownership, MPs say - 3 hours 53 min ago
- BusinessInsider - FIFA executive meets amid corruption report storm - 6 hours 20 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - After the 'Shock and Awe': China's Anti-Corruption Quagmire - 6 hours 44 min ago
- Zacks - Macau Anti-Corruption Drive to Intensify, Casino Stocks Dip - Analyst Blog - 9 hours 25 min ago
Bank of China sets up commodity business center in London
China Daily - 7 hours 15 min ago
Bank of China announced the establishment of the Commodity Business Centre in London on Thursday. "The establishment of the Bank of China Commodity Business Centre in London is a significant step in the development of the Chinese national strategy, an important step in the execution of BOC's interna ...
- Indiatimes - China home prices fall in November, threaten economic growth - 14 hours 50 min ago
- China Daily - Old investment remedy the treatment for China's "new normal" - 18 hours 44 min ago
- Reuters Video - China's house prices fall again - 16 hours 30 min ago
Wall Street climbs on oil boost in wake of Fed statement
Indiatimes - 7 hours 19 min ago
S&P 500 index had notched its best day since October 2013 after the Federal Reserve gave an upbeat assessment of the US economy.
- New York Times - Wall St. Jumps in Early Trading - 8 hours 48 min ago
- The Guardian - Wall Street extends rally to post biggest one-day gain in three years - 1 hour 49 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - I'm Not Buying It-- Not The Wall Street Rip, Nor The Keynesian Rap - 2 hours 52 min ago
- DailyFinance - Market Wrap: Wall Street Sees Best 2-Day Gain Since 2011 - 6 hours 42 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Wall Streeters Are Using Blacklists To Bully Each Other Out Of Deals - 7 hours 21 min ago
- Zacks - Markets Cheering the Fed - Ahead of Wall Street - 8 hours 56 min ago
- NY Post - How the Federal Reserve has Wall Street addicted to cheap credit - 17 hours 46 min ago
- WSJ Video - Yellen Comments Expected to Buoy Wall Street - 9 hours 35 min ago
Co-founder re-enters to rescue SpiceJet | Govt mulls relief package for airlines
Indiatimes - 7 hours 48 min ago
Co-founder re-enters to rescue SpiceJet | Govt mulls relief package for airlinesAshok Gajapathi Raju said Ajay Singh shared some "thoughts" about the no-frill carrier's recapitalisation plans though these were not concrete plans as yet.
- Indiatimes - UK air traffic group to compensate airlines for travel chaos - 9 hours 4 min ago
- Sydney Morning Herald - Video shows American Airlines flight rocked by turbulence - 14 hours 52 min ago
- Zacks - Copa Airlines November Traffic Up on Operational Strength - Analyst Blog - 2 hours 55 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - What Has AirTran Done For Southwest Airlines? - 6 hours 6 min ago
Kraft Foods CEO to Retire; Cahill Named Successor
New York Times - 8 hours 57 min ago
Kraft Foods Group Inc. says that CEO Tony Vernon plans to retire later this month. The company named Chairman John Cahill as his successor.
- Wall Street Journal - Kraft Foods CEO to Retire - 9 hours 20 min ago
Fed funds rate hit highest since 2-1/2 weeks
Indiatimes - 9 hours 17 min ago
The effective or average interest rate on federal funds - the cost for banks to borrow excess reserves from each other - was 0.13 percent, up from 0.12 percent.
- BBC - What are negative interest rates? - 10 hours 4 min ago
- Indiatimes - UBS says no plans to levy negative interest rates on retail clients - 10 hours 20 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Russia, Gold, Oil, And Interest Rate Extremes - 4 hours 25 min ago
- The Guardian - Q&A: Switzerland’s negative interest rates - 14 hours 35 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - 5 Things to Read Today: U.S., Cuba to Resume Relations, Fed Stays Patient on Interest Rates and More - 20 hours 45 min ago
Polish central bank voted on motion for 100 bps rate cut in Dec
Indiatimes - 9 hours 36 min ago
Rate-setters at Poland's central bank voted at their Dec. 3 meeting on a motion to cut interest rates by 100 basis points.
- Indiatimes - Oil drop sends major central banks in different directions - 10 hours 41 min ago
- New York Times - Swiss Central Bank to Adopt a Negative Interest Rate - 14 hours 53 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - Swiss Central Bank Introduces Negative Interest Rates - 15 hours 46 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Central Banks Are Now Uncorking The Delirium Phase - 2 hours 30 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Swiss Central Bank Scrambles Against Russian Capital Flight, Joins ECB In Sending Deposit Rates Negative - 12 hours 1 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Swiss central bank introduces negative interest rate - 12 hours 25 min ago
- The Guardian - Swiss central bank introduces negative interest rates - business live - 15 hours 23 min ago
U.S. Stock Futures Soar
Wall Street Journal - 9 hours 48 min ago
U.S. stock futures rallied Thursday, indicating a second session of gains after the Federal Reserve reaffirmed that it remains in no rush to raise interest rates.
- China Daily - China stock index futures close higher on Dec 18 - 12 hours 45 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Futures Soar On Swiss NIRP Stunner, "Considerably Patient" Fed - 11 hours 28 min ago
£5m mortgage fraudsters jailed
BBC - 10 hours 30 min ago
A gang who applied for bogus mortgages worth £5m is given jail sentences.
- BBC - Mortgage lending dip 'continues' - 13 hours 30 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Primary 30-Year Fixed Rate Mortgage All-In Yields Fall 0.12% And Value Of Net Servicing Closes Up 0.16% For The Week - 46 min 54 sec ago
- The Guardian - Mortgage lending levels slow to ‘healthy’ level – CML - 11 hours 58 min ago
Housing market coming off the boil, with growth set to slow in 2015
Sydney Morning Herald - 10 hours 45 min ago
- New York Times - In China’s Housing Market, Pressure to Sell, Hesitation to Buy - 15 hours 2 min ago
- Naked Capitalism - Housing Bubble 2 Goes Nuts: San Francisco Home Sales Plunge 20%, Prices Soar 27% - 8 hours 50 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Russians Are Flooding Out Of London's Housing Market As The Ruble Crumbles - 15 hours 28 min ago
Autism link to air pollution raised
BBC - 14 hours 19 min ago
A link between autism and air pollution during pregnancy has been suggested by scientists.
Qantas First Lounge for first class and platinum flyers opens at Los Angeles airport
Sydney Morning Herald - 19 hours 50 min ago
Qantas' First Lounge has opened in the Tom Bradley international terminal at Los Angeles airport.
Home price growth pattern to shift in 2015
Sydney Morning Herald - 20 hours 8 min ago
The geographical pattern of home price rises will shift in 2015, Tim Lawless, head of research at housing market analysis firm CoreLogic RP Data, says.