Business News - The Last 24 HoursHousing prices begin to stabilize in key cities
China Daily - 3 hours 57 min ago
Hard landing in property market unlikely following cooling measures, say analysts Home price increases in key cities may ease after a series of cooling measures take effect, though a hard landing of the market is unlikely, said analysts. New home prices in 63 out of 70 cities that the National Bure ...
- BusinessInsider - China's red-hot housing market is still accelerating - 20 hours 14 min ago
China's property loans surge in Q3, home prices curbed
China Daily - 3 hours 57 min ago
BEIJING - Loans to the real estate sector grew fast in the first nine months, central bank data showed Friday, while the property market as a whole is showing signs of cooling following new restrictions. By the end of September, financial institutions in China had lent 25.33 trillion yuan ($3.74 tr ...
Chinese group mulls building steel plant in the Philippines
China Daily - 3 hours 57 min ago
China's Baiyin Nonferrous Group Co agreed to consider setting up a stainless steel plant in the Philippines that could cost as much as $700 million, as part of a wider push to boost trade and economic ties between the two countries. The State-owned firm will look at various resources projects in th ...
- Indiatimes - 'India, China discord among issues that could capsize BRICS' - 21 hours 14 min ago
Walmart in $50 million deal with New Dada
China Daily - 3 hours 57 min ago
A Walmart supermarket in Yichang, Hubei province. [Photo/China Daily] Walmart on Friday announced a $50 million strategic investment in New Dada, China's largest local on-demand logistics and grocery online-to-offline e-commerce platform. The investment is an extension of Wal ...
- Zacks - Wal-Mart to Invest in China's Grocery Platform New Dada - 17 hours 58 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: AT&T, Chesapeake, Lululemon, Microsoft, PayPal, Wal-Mart, Yahoo and More - 18 hours 1 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Alibaba, Suning In JV; Wal-Mart Ties Grow With JD.com - 23 hours 46 min ago
AT&T, Time Warner talk on possible merger
China Daily - 3 hours 57 min ago
Senior executives at AT&T Inc and Time Warner Inc have met in recent weeks to discuss various business strategies including a possible merger, according to people familiar with the matter. The talks, which at this stage are informal, have focused on building relations between the companies rather ...
- CNBC - The last Time Warner deal was the worst deal in history. What is AT&T thinking? - 8 hours 28 min ago
- New York Times - AT&T Is Said to Be in Advanced Merger Talks With Time Warner - 13 hours 19 min ago
- Indiatimes - AT&T in advanced talks to buy Time Warner: WSJ - 13 hours 34 min ago
- BBC - Time Warner shares jump on AT&T bid rumour - 14 hours 48 min ago
- CNN - Report: AT&T in talks to buy Time Warner - 15 hours 5 min ago
- Reuters - AT&T in advanced talks to buy Time Warner: WSJ - 15 hours 45 min ago
- NY Post - Time Warner deal would put AT&T on entertainment map - 3 hours 38 min ago
- SCMP - In world’s biggest deal: AT&T to buy Time Warner in US - 8 hours 8 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - AT&T-Time Warner Tie-Up; Our Internet Was Hacked?; Nintendo's New Console -- Eye On Tech - 9 hours 41 min ago
- Zacks - Here's Why Time Warner (TWX) Stock Is Soaring Today - 13 hours 13 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Time Warner is skyrocketing after reports that AT&T is closing in on a takeover (TWX, T, AAPL, GOOGL) - 14 hours 46 min ago
- TechCrunch - AT&T said to be “in advanced talks” to purchase Time Warner - 14 hours 52 min ago
- MarketWatch Video - AT&T, Time Warner in Merger Talks - 6 hours 53 min ago
- WSJ Video - AT&T, Time Warner in Merger Talks - 6 hours 53 min ago
- Reuters Video - AT&T, Time Warner deal could come Monday -sources - 8 hours 40 min ago
- CNN Video - Is AT&T acquiring Time Warner? - 10 hours 29 min ago
Li calls for prompt talks on US treaty
China Daily - 3 hours 57 min ago
A photo illustration shows a $100 banknote placed above Chinese 100 yuan banknotes in Beijing in this May 10, 2013 file photo. [Photo/Agencies] Premier Li Keqiang called for pragmatic efforts to promote negotiations for a high-standard China-US bilateral investment treaty as so ...
- Indiatimes - Donald Trump is 'threatening' US democracy: Hillary Clinton - 5 hours 54 min ago
- CNBC - Rail rout could be sending bad signs about the US economy - 16 hours 9 min ago
- BusinessInsider - This timelapse map shows how wrong Donald Trump is about US unemployment - 15 hours 2 min ago
- Zero Hedge - US Mint Silver Eagle Demand - 'Returned with a Vengeance' - 19 hours 5 min ago
Bombardier to cut 7,500 more jobs through 2018, mostly in rail
Indiatimes - 4 hours 49 min ago
Bombardier, which ended 2015 with 70,900 employees, said in February it would cut 10 percent of its workforce over two years, with nearly half of those jobs in the rail unit.
- Indiatimes - Canadian aerospace giant Bombardier to cut 7,500 jobs - 17 hours 49 min ago
- CNN - Bombardier announces another round of steep job cuts - 19 hours 32 min ago
- BBC - Bombardier to cut 7,500 more jobs across its global operations - 20 hours 36 min ago
- CNBC - Bombardier to cut one in ten of its global workforce - 21 hours 16 min ago
- Reuters - Bombardier to cut 7,500 jobs through 2018 - 21 hours 26 min ago
- New York Times - Bombardier to Cut 7,500 Jobs Through 2018 - 21 hours 33 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - UTC’s Role in Bombardier’s Decision to Shed 14,500 Jobs - 15 hours 37 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Bombardier is cutting 7,500 jobs through 2018 - 21 hours 17 min ago
Cloud is a 'once in a generation' opportunity for Microsoft, analyst says
CNBC - 8 hours 3 min ago
Microsoft's win streak in cloud could be a sign that the company is hitting a turning point, one analyst told CNBC.
- CNBC - History shows a rising Microsoft should lift all tech - 9 hours 36 min ago
- CNN - Microsoft stocks hits a new all-time high. Here's why - 14 hours 24 min ago
- Zacks - Videogame Stock Roundup: Microsoft's (MSFT) Earnings, Nintendo's New Console - 9 hours 24 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Microsoft Stock at Record High - Facts and Figures - 9 hours 46 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Steve Ballmer didn't want Microsoft to buy Salesforce: 'Never, ever, ever' - 11 hours 22 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Market Challenge: Microsoft After Earnings - 16 hours 31 min ago
Why I donated $20 million to defeat Donald Trump: Facebook co-founder Dustin Moskovitz
CNBC - 9 hours 1 min ago
Facebook co-founder Dustin Moskovitz explains why he donated $20 million to Democrats.
- CNN - Facebook to allow graphic posts if deemed 'newsworthy' - 11 hours 26 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Facebook has brought purchasing capabilities to all retail pages (FB) - 2 hours 27 min ago
- TechCrunch - Watch all the quirky new commercials for Facebook Live - 12 hours 10 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Facebook: Stock Price Isnt Everything - 15 hours 7 min ago
- Zacks - Wingstop, Etsy, eBay and Facebook highlighted as Zacks Bull and Bear of the Day - 17 hours 27 min ago
Busiest day for earnings, GDP and more coming in the next week
CNBC - 10 hours 6 min ago
Earnings, data and Fedspeak could help add to a picture of moderate growth and an end to the earnings recession.
- Reuters - N.Y. Fed lowers U.S. third and fourth quarter GDP outlook - 15 hours 23 min ago
Samsung placing product images in Youku videos, targeting Chinese viewers
Reuters - 10 hours 14 min ago
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Advertising technology company Mirriad says it is working with Samsung Electronics Co Ltd and China's video site Youku to market Samsung products to Chinese viewers who are gravitating toward streaming video content.
- China Daily - Samsung's loss from discontinuing Galaxy Note 7 estimated at $6.2b - 19 hours 57 min ago
Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff: I love Twitter, but shareholders didn't want to buy it
CNBC - 10 hours 54 min ago
We had to walk away from Twitter because shareholders didn't want us to buy it, Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff told CNBC.
- CNN - Popular sites like Amazon, Twitter and Netflix suffer outages - 17 hours 5 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Twitter's stock is up on Softbank M&A chatter, but there's no real evidence of a deal (TWTR) - 9 hours 33 min ago
- Zacks - Twitter Stock Soaring on SoftBank Takeover Chatter - 9 hours 58 min ago
- SCMP - Cyber attacks disrupt Twitter, Spotify and other sites on US East Coast - 13 hours 9 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Fixing Twitter - 15 hours 43 min ago
- Wall Street Pit - TWTR Stock: Top Bidders Dropped Twitter Pursuit Partly Over This Concern - 18 hours 26 min ago
- TechCrunch - Many sites including Twitter, Shopify and Spotify suffering outage - 18 hours 26 min ago
- CNN Video - Fired Twitter contractor: Why my past comments shouldn't plague my future - 6 hours 37 min ago
- Reuters Video - Twitter's conundrum: Crucial to campaigns, toxic to buyers - 21 hours 11 min ago
Fund managers focus on Prime memberships to gauge Amazon rally
Reuters - 12 hours 31 min ago
NEW YORK (Reuters) - The strength of Amazon.com Inc's nearly 75 percent rally since February may depend on how many more brown cardboard boxes end up on the doorsteps of U.S. consumers this fall.
- BusinessInsider - Amazon plans to become an ISP in Europe (AMZN) - 4 hours 27 min ago
- Wall Street Pit - Amazon Echo Dot (2nd Gen) A More Portable & Affordable Echo (AMZN) - 16 hours 57 min ago
Famed energy trader Mark Fisher says buy any dip in crude oil and natural gas
CNBC - 12 hours 50 min ago
Renowned energy trader Mark Fisher forecasts oil prices will establish a base at $55 to $65 a barrel and natural gas futures can crack $4.
- WSJ Blogs - The Week Environmentalists Helped the Saudis Raise Oil Prices - 13 hours 9 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Halliburton Company: First Benefactor Of Recovering Oil Prices - 17 hours 2 min ago
Dick's wins auction for US business of bankrupt Golfsmith -source
CNBC - 13 hours 15 min ago
Dick's Sporting Goods won a bankruptcy auction on Friday for the U.S. business of Golfsmith International Holdings.
- Reuters - Exclusive: Dick's wins auction for U.S. business of bankrupt Golfsmith - sources - 14 hours 55 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Following Hanjin Shipping's Bankruptcy, Could This Container Shipping Company Be Next? - 17 hours 2 min ago
The EU's signature free trade deal is on life support
CNN - 13 hours 16 min ago
A huge free trade deal between Europe and Canada is on the brink of collapse.
- BBC - Belgium-Canada Ceta trade dispute bedevils EU summit - 22 hours 25 min ago
Wall Street Journal seeks 'substantial number' of buyouts
CNN - 13 hours 34 min ago
The Wall Street Journal is seeking a "substantial number" of buyouts in an effort to "limit" layoffs, the newspaper's editor-in-chief Gerard Baker said Friday.
- CNBC - Wall Street vets left 6-figure jobs to launch an app that makes investing easy - 15 hours 8 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Wall Street Reacts as Microsoft Shares Reach All-Time High - 11 hours 23 min ago
- BusinessInsider - What you need to know on Wall Street right now - 13 hours 23 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Wall Street Breakfast: BAT Bids $47B To Buy Out Reynolds American - 19 hours 58 min ago
We tried to buy Facebook for just $24 billion, says ex-Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer
CNBC - 13 hours 50 min ago
The tech billionaire tells CNBC he recalled the offer being "$24 billion, when the company was itsy bitsy."
- CNBC - Cramer: Microsoft is 'on fire' thanks to CEO Satya Nadella - 15 hours 4 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Assa Abloy's (ASAZY) CEO Johan Molin on Q3 2016 Results - Earnings Call Transcript - 4 hours 6 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - What Your CEO Is Reading: F-Bombing the Glass Ceiling; Silicon Valley's 'Conscience'; The Anti-Helicopter Parent - 9 hours 13 min ago
- TechCrunch - Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff on the key to equality - 9 hours 50 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Time Out's CEO says its $1.9 million YPlan acquisition is all about selling happiness (TMO) - 14 hours 11 min ago
- SCMP - Ghosn to share Nissan CEO duties after buying Mitsubishi stake - 21 hours 54 min ago
Honeywell cut 3,017 jobs in third quarter
Reuters - 14 hours 16 min ago
(Reuters) - Honeywell International Inc said on Friday it had cut 3,017 positions across all its businesses in the third quarter, mainly related to the separation of its automation and control solutions business into two new reporting segments.
- CNBC - Honeywell beats analysts' estimates on earnings and revenue - 19 hours 7 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Honeywell International's (HON) CEO Dave Cote on Q3 2016 Results - Earnings Call Transcript - 11 hours 53 min ago
- Zacks - Honeywell (HON) Beats on Earnings in Q3, Tweaks Guidance - 16 hours 7 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Honeywell Earnings Buoyed by Promises of 2017 Improvement - 19 hours 22 min ago
Earnings are signaling the all clear for stocks: JPM Strategist
CNBC - 14 hours 19 min ago
One JPMorgan strategist gives his take on why this quarter's earnings will be good for stocks.
- Zacks - Bank Stock Roundup: Q3 Earnings Starts with a Bang; JPMorgan, Citi, Wells Fargo, BofA All Beat Estimates - 9 hours 49 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Millennials told JPMorgan they want to retire by 60, but they're in for a rude awakening - 17 hours 24 min ago
Janet Yellen could be on the verge of starting a 'civil war' at the Fed
CNBC - 14 hours 33 min ago
Her interest in running a "high-pressure economy" threatens to add to a divisive climate at the ventral bank.
Tesla may enter ride ride-hailing business next year
AP - 15 hours 57 min ago
DETROIT (AP) -- Electric car maker Tesla Motors has plans to get into the ride-hailing and sharing businesses....
- CNBC - Tesla bans use of self-driving cars to make money with Uber or Lyft as it hints at rival app - 23 hours 24 min ago
- NY Post - Tesla says no self-driving for Uber drivers - 4 hours 28 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Concerns About Product Efficiency, R&D Expenses Prevent Tesla From Shifting Into High Gear - 14 hours 20 min ago
- Time Business - Here’s How Tesla Is About to Take On Uber - 16 hours 36 min ago
McYeah! Big comeback for McDonald's continues
CNN - 16 hours 18 min ago
Customers are lovin' it at McDonald's again -- and so are investors. The fast food giant reported revenue and profits for the third quarter that topped forecasts. Shares of McDonald's rose nearly 3% Friday on the news.
- BBC - McDonald's sales rise despite South China Sea protests - 16 hours 54 min ago
- AP - McDonald's sales rise 1.3 percent at US stores - 17 hours 57 min ago
- New York Times - McDonald's Sales Beat Estimates as Turnaround Gathers Pace - 18 hours 24 min ago
- Reuters - McDonald's sales beat estimates as turnaround gathers pace - 18 hours 24 min ago
- CNBC - McDonald's shares pop as investors cheer third-quarter beat - 19 hours 7 min ago
- Zacks - McDonald's (MCD) Stock Rises Over 3% After Impressive Q3 Earnings - 9 hours 8 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Sell McDonald's - This '3-Trick Pony' Has Been Beaten To Death - 10 hours 13 min ago
- BusinessInsider - McDonald's is still killing it because of all-day breakfast (MCD) - 18 hours 49 min ago
Daimler Says Expects Fourth Quarter Autos Profitability to Rise Significantly
New York Times - 17 hours 39 min ago
Daimler Chief Financial Officer Bodo Uebber said the profitability of the Mercedes-Benz Cars division will rise significantly in the fourth quarter compared with a year-earlier period, thanks to a raft of new luxury car models.
- Indiatimes - E-Class sedan, SUVs boost earnings at Germany's Daimler - 23 hours 36 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Daimler's (DDAIF) Q3 2016 Results - Earnings Call Transcript - 9 hours 37 min ago
Scandal may speed up Wells Fargo branch closures
CNN - 17 hours 59 min ago
Wells Fargo has more than 6,000 branches across 39 states. That's roughly 1,000 branches more than any other bank in America.
- CNBC - 'Lions Hunting Zebras': Ex-Wells Fargo banker describes abuses - 20 hours 22 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Buy Wells Fargo With A 4.0% Dividend Yield - 16 hours 31 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Ex-Wells Fargo employees reveal how some bankers abused customers - 16 hours 31 min ago
Indian bank authorities say 3.2 million debit cards hacked
AP - 18 hours 57 min ago
NEW DELHI (AP) -- Indian banks scrambled Friday to contain the damage after finding that more than 3.2 million debit cards may have been hacked....
- Indiatimes - Debit card breach puts a big question mark on PM Modi's quest to go cashless - 20 hours 24 min ago
- BBC - Millions of Indian debit cards 'compromised' in security breach - 23 hours 17 min ago
GE profit up but revenue forecast trimmed amid sluggish economy
Reuters - 19 hours 48 min ago
(Reuters) - General Electric Co reported a 6.7 percent rise in quarterly profit on Friday, helped by strength in its power and renewable energy businesses.
- Seeking Alpha - GE: Down But Not Out - 2 hours 31 sec ago
- WSJ Blogs - General Electric Boosts Buybacks as GE Capital Dividend Rises - 9 hours 15 min ago
- Zacks - GE Beats Q3 Earnings, Misses Revenues; 2016 View Narrowed - 16 hours 29 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Why GE Earnings Miss the Mark - 17 hours 37 min ago
- Reuters Video - GE beats on profit but cuts guidance - 16 hours 5 min ago
British talks with Nissan ongoing over future investment: PM's spokesman
Reuters - 20 hours 21 min ago
LONDON (Reuters) - Talks between the British government and Nissan are ongoing over a future investment from the Japanese carmaker into its plant in Sunderland, northeast England, a spokesman for Prime Minister Theresa May said on Friday.
- Reuters - Nissan says no plans to raise Mitsubishi Motors stake now, may in future - 21 hours 29 min ago
- BBC - Nissan to make Sunderland Qashqai decision 'next month' - 21 hours 43 min ago
Survey companies hit the streets to fill India's data gaps
Indiatimes - 20 hours 54 min ago
There has long been deep scepticism about the accuracy of economic indicators in India, a country of 1.2 billion people of whom 90 percent are estimated to be part of the grey economy.
Redstones said to oppose giving Moonves their CBS-Viacom votes
China Daily - 22 hours 27 min ago
Shari and Sumner Redstone want Les Moonves to run a combined CBS Corp and Viacom Inc, but they aren't willing to offer him a stake or voting control of their family's holding company, people familiar with the matter said. The Redstones have said publicly that they won't support a deal that requires ...