Business News - The Last 24 HoursAdidas shares up on Reebok reports
BBC - 41 min 17 sec ago
Shares in sportswear giant Adidas jump 6% after a report says that a group of investors is considering a bid for the company's Reebok brand.
- Indiatimes - Investors eye Reebok buy from Adidas for 1.7 bn euros: Report - 3 hours 23 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - Group Seeks Adidas's Reebok Unit - 9 hours 41 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Investors eye Reebok buy from Adidas for 1.7 bn euros - 7 hours 6 min ago
China likely to ease sales tax on existing homes
China Daily - 1 hour 10 min ago
BEIJING -- Chinese authorities are likely to relax the sales tax on existing homes, the Beijing-based China Securities Journal reported on Monday in a front-page story. Under the new policy, sales of a second home purchased no less than two years prior will be exempt from a 5-percent tax on the tra ...
- China Daily - China lifts resource tax to 6% for crude oil, natural gas - 8 hours 40 min ago
- Sydney Morning Herald - Tax games when independent - yet separate and dependent - 20 hours 25 min ago
- Indiatimes - Rs 1,381 cr of tax exemption to political parties in 2 years: RTI - 23 hours 2 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Germany's Tax Income Is Still Rising Despite Cooling Growth - 2 hours 23 sec ago
- Seeking Alpha - Income Tax Issues Facing Dividend Growth Investors: Part 2 - 3 hours 10 min ago
- The Guardian - SSE becomes first FTSE 100 company to be awarded Fair Tax Mark - 10 hours 38 min ago
Falling oil prices may spur PM Modi for more reforms
Indiatimes - 1 hour 14 min ago
Falling oil prices may spur PM Modi for more reforms The lone international development of lower oil prices has made India's macro-economic scenario look much better than what it was a few months ago.
- Sydney Morning Herald - Oil price fall won't break shale industry's back - 5 hours 22 min ago
- Wall Street Pit - How will Saudi Arabia Respond to Lower Oil Prices? - 14 hours 48 min ago
- Economist's View - 'How will Saudi Arabia Respond to Lower Oil Prices?' - 17 hours 5 min ago
Messaging app LINE ties-up with Google for Grand Diwali Mela
Indiatimes - 1 hour 17 min ago
Instant messaging and voice call app LINE has tied-up with Google for the latter’s online Diwali sale - The Grand Diwali Mela.
- Sydney Morning Herald - Forget self-driving Google cars, Australia has self-driving trucks - 7 hours 21 min ago
- New York Times - Stephen Colbert Has a Mock Feud With Google Over Search Results - 9 hours 25 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Here's The First Team Photo Of The People Behind Google's New $100 Million London VC Fund - 28 min 50 sec ago
- Seeking Alpha - Hey Google, Thanks For Nothing - 4 hours 10 min ago
Banks appeal for customer loyalty with a mortgage discount
China Daily - 1 hour 40 min ago
Some banks are starting to offer an exclusive mortgage discount to those who have savings or wealth management investments, a move taken to get in line with the latest lending rules as well as to win customer loyalty, said the Southern Daily on Monday. Homebuyers with more than 500,000 yuan savings ...
- BusinessInsider - REPORT: Fannie And Freddie Near Deal To Boost Mortgage Lending - 10 hours 28 min ago
Hong Kong protest leaders ridicule 'external forces' claim
Indiatimes - 2 hours 3 min ago
The leaders denied claims by Leung Chun-ying that more than 3 weeks of mass rallies in Hong Kong are being orchestrated by "external forces".
- Sydney Morning Herald - Hope for end to Hong Kong protests rests on talks set for Tuesday - 2 hours 26 min ago
- Reuters - Hong Kong crisis deepens after weekend clashes, talks set for Tuesday - 5 hours 39 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Not Just Democracy: Anti-Tycoon Anger Also Spurs Hong Kong Protesters - 30 min 44 sec ago
- Reuters Video - Hong Kong protests won't derail Shanghai stock connect - 3 hours 41 min ago
SAP Cuts Outlook
Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 40 min ago
Enterprise software provider SAP lowered its earnings outlook for this year, even as it reported a 15% increase in third-quarter net profit, boosted by growth in subscriptions for its cloud-based software products.
- Indiatimes - SAP cuts profit outlook as more customers switch to cloud - 4 hours 2 min ago
Lufthansa flights hit by strikes Monday and Tuesday
Indiatimes - 3 hours 4 min ago
Pilots for Lufthansa are to hold a one-day strike Tuesday that will hit long-haul flights operated by the German carrier, Europe's largest, their union said.
- Wall Street Journal - Lufthansa Pilots to Expand Strike - 4 hours 42 min ago
- Reuters - Lufthansa cancels flights due to pilots strike; train stoppage strands millions - 12 hours 37 min ago
- Indiatimes - German pilots to strike at Lufthansa on Monday and Tuesday - 22 hours 19 min ago
- BusinessInsider - New Lufthansa pilots' strike to begin Monday: union - 22 hours 16 sec ago
IBM to pay Globalfoundries $1.5 bln to take chip unit off its hands
Indiatimes - 3 hours 21 min ago
IBM Corp has agreed to hive off its loss-making semiconductor unit to contract-chipmaker Globalfoundries Inc, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
- Wall Street Journal - Globalfoundries to Take Over IBM Chip Unit - 9 hours 40 min ago
- New York Times - Bits Blog: IBM Sets Announcement on Monday, Possibly on Chip-Making Unit - 11 hours 4 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - IBM Earnings Preview: Longer Term, Big Blue Needs Revenue Growth - 10 min 5 sec ago
- BusinessInsider - IBM Just Announced That It's Going To Make A 'Major' Business Announcement Tomorrow - 11 hours 51 min ago
Yahoo set to outline cost-cutting efforts: Report
Indiatimes - 4 hours 37 min ago
Yahoo is expected to outline cost-cutting efforts and give details of how it is evaluating possible acquisitions as it faces pressure from an activist investor.
- New York Times - Yahoo’s Tumblr Teams Up With TV Shows to Reach Their Audiences - 9 hours 31 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Yahoo Q3 2014 Preview: Core Business Remains Challenged; M&A A Potential Catalyst - 10 min 5 sec ago
- BusinessInsider - WSJ: Marissa Mayer To Announce 'Refreshed' Plan For Yahoo On Tuesday (YHOO) - 9 hours 50 min ago
Man who made corruption claims against councillor hit with $80,000 damages bill
Sydney Morning Herald - 4 hours 40 min ago
A NSW man who used his own website to make allegations of corruption and bribery against a local councillor has been ordered to pay $80,000 in damages for defamation.
- Sydney Morning Herald - Corruption watchdog probes education IT project - 5 hours 17 min ago
China Growth Seen Slowing Sharply Over Decade
Wall Street Journal - 5 hours 31 min ago
China’s growth will slow to 3.9% as its productivity nose dives and the country’s leaders fail to push through tough measures to remake the economy, according to a report by the business-research group the Conference Board expected to come out Monday.
- China Daily - China is a driving force for world economic recovery - 6 hours 40 min ago
- BusinessInsider - China’s Rapid Growth Model Is About To Slam Into A Wall - 42 min 23 sec ago
Medibank IPO will triple chief George Savvides’ pay
Sydney Morning Herald - 6 hours 6 min ago
The pay packet of Medibank Private boss George Savvides will more than triple overnight on November 25.
- Sydney Morning Herald - Medibank IPO to raise up to $5.5b for the government - 9 hours 52 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - U.S. IPO Weekly Recap: 5 IPOs Achieve Moderate Gains During The Market Slide And A Biotech Rejection - 15 hours 10 min ago
China embraced commodity economy in 1984
China Daily - 6 hours 10 min ago
Now as the world's second-largest economy, China's exceptional economic performance has been so eye-catching that many have forgotten how hard the country had struggled to kick-start its market economy. China had cast away the way of political movement-centered national management and started to re- ...
- Seeking Alpha - We Maintain Our Outlook For Higher Prices For Commodities - 19 hours 10 min ago
Volatility Unlikely to Alter Fed’s Policy Course
New York Times - 6 hours 29 min ago
The Federal Reserve still plans to wrap up its bond-buying campaign at the end of October and remains likely to raise interest rates in mid-2015, although it now seems less likely to act sooner, analysts say.
- Seeking Alpha - Time For The Fed To Introduce A Forward-Looking McCallum Rule - 1 hour 10 min ago
- Zero Hedge - The Chart That Explains Why Fed's Bullard Wants To Restart The QE Flow - 9 hours 29 min ago
Honda to recall vehicles over faulty seatbelts
China Daily - 6 hours 40 min ago
BEIJING -- Honda will begin the recall of 741 imported Acura MDX and RLX models over seatbelt flaws, said China's top quality watchdog. Parts of the front seatbelts have flaws and may stop functioning in extreme cold weather, said a Saturday statement issued by the General Administration of Quali ...
China needs to boost productivity to sustain growth: IMF
China Daily - 6 hours 40 min ago
WASHINGTON -- China needs to lay emphasis on economic structure reform and higher productivity in order to maintain sustainable growth in the long run, says the secretary of the International Monetary Fund (IMF). After three decades of double-digit growth, China has now realized that structural ref ...
- China Daily - IMF risks irrelevance without change, experts say - 8 hours 40 min ago
Bond market's brightest turn to oil to see what's next
Sydney Morning Herald - 8 hours 53 min ago
Following the most turbulent period for US bonds in more than three years, the top strategists are looking less at jobs and manufacturing and more at the price of oil for clues as to what lies ahead.
Apple Pay Rolls Out, With Holes
Wall Street Journal - 9 hours 26 min ago
Apple Inc. on Monday will begin its bold undertaking to add a wallet to its iPhones. Participants include McDonald’s, Whole Foods and Walgreen. Yet the service won’t be ubiquitous overnight.
- Wall Street Journal - Apple's Core Still the Main Course - 11 hours 38 min ago
- Sydney Morning Herald - A love letter to Siri: how a boy with autism became best friends with Apple's personal assistant - 12 hours 54 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Forget About Bending iPhones: There Are Better Reasons To Sell Apple Stock - 10 min 5 sec ago
- Time Business - Why Apple Pay May Be the Company’s Most Challenging Move Yet - 9 hours 39 min ago
- The Guardian - Apple to announce record-breaking £110bn in revenues - 14 hours 47 min ago
- The Big Picture - The world’s greatest stock picker? Bet you sold Apple and Google a long time ago. - 17 hours 40 min ago
- BusinessInsider - The Untold Story Of How Steve Jobs Re-Introduced His Signature Design Style To Apple (AAPL) - 18 hours 58 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Can Apple Sell 38 Million iPhones? - 21 hours 4 min ago
The Eurozone's Problems are Based in Politics
Wall Street Journal - 9 hours 57 min ago
Europe File: Some say the euro crisis is back; others argue that it never really went away.
- New York Times - The Week Ahead: Tech Giants’ Earnings and Eurozone Bank Stress Tests - 11 hours 20 sec ago
- Seeking Alpha - Another Eurozone Crisis Ahead? - 2 hours 10 min ago
Wal-Mart's Mexico Chief to Step Down
Wall Street Journal - 10 hours 16 min ago
The Mexican unit of Wal-Mart Stores said its chief executive plans to step down in 2015, as Wal-Mart struggles to boost sales and customer traffic in one of its largest international markets.
- 24/7 Wall St. - Walmart’s Mexico Chief to Leave Next Year - 20 hours 47 min ago
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella launches diversity effort
Sydney Morning Herald - 10 hours 28 min ago
Microsoft CEO seeks to defuse furore over comments women should not ask for a raise but trust in "karma".
- Reuters - Microsoft plans to launch smartwatch within weeks: Forbes - 11 hours 3 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Microsoft Might Launch A Smartwatch In A Few Weeks (MSFT) - 7 hours 28 min ago
- TechCrunch - Iranian Users Petition Microsoft For Greater Windows Support - 21 hours 28 min ago
India fuel reform puts diesel under market
Sydney Morning Herald - 10 hours 35 min ago
India has deregulated diesel prices, removing one of the government's costliest subsidies, as it seeks to boost the country's economy.
Privatisation to cut Qld jobless rate
Sydney Morning Herald - 10 hours 35 min ago
Queensland's treasurer says privatising assets will create jobs but the opposition disagrees, after a report showing the state's high jobless rate.
SEC is 1st conference to put 4 in top 5 of AP poll
AP - 14 hours 40 min ago
The Southeastern Conference has reached a new milestone in The Associated Press college football poll, becoming the first league to place four teams in the top five - all from the western division....
Solid Profits Expected for U.S. Airlines
Wall Street Journal - 15 hours 45 min ago
A flock of U.S. airlines is expected to report strong quarterly profits on Thursday, following the lead of Delta Air. Carriers’ share prices, however, have been battered by concerns over everything from a global economic slowdown to Ebola.
- WSJ Blogs - 22 Injured on Singapore Airlines Flight Into Mumbai - 26 min 29 sec ago
'Smart Sanctions' on Russia Still Cause Collateral Damage
Wall Street Journal - 15 hours 48 min ago
Owned by Sberbank of Russia, Denizbank became an unintended casualty in the geopolitical conflict between Moscow and the West over the crisis in Ukraine.
Sydney woman passionate about Aboriginal housing wins scholarship
Sydney Morning Herald - 20 hours 25 min ago
A Sydney woman who believes a house is "not just a house, but a home", and works to give indigenous communities just that, has been awarded a scholarship to attend one of the world's leading graduate business schools.
- Seeking Alpha - Wells Fargo Summarizes The Case For Staying Optimistic On U.S. Housing - 10 min 5 sec ago
- The Guardian - Southwark council cooperates with housing developers because we need to - 22 hours 37 min ago
Goldman Sachs to Shun U.K. Body
Wall Street Journal - 22 hours 10 min ago
The list of major banks signed up to a new U.K. body aimed at overhauling banker behavior is almost certain to be missing at least one major name: Goldman Sachs.
Euro zone not heading for recession, says EU's Jose Manuel Barroso
Indiatimes - 23 hours 54 min ago
Barroso is coming to the end of his term as president of the EU's executive arm after a 10-year stint which included a period of financial crisis.