Business News - The Last 24 HoursHSBC whistleblower jailed in absentia
BBC - 1 hour 4 min ago
A Swiss court convicts a former HSBC worker for economic espionage and sentences him to five years in jail in absentia.
- Reuters - HSBC whistleblower Falciani sentenced to five years in prison - 7 hours 26 min ago
- The Guardian - HSBC whistleblower jailed for five years over biggest leak in banking history - 7 hours 53 min ago
OPEC officials question upbeat outlook ahead of policy meeting
Indiatimes - 2 hours 34 min ago
The comments point to a less jubilant mood in the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, whose oil ministers meet to set policy on Dec. 4.
- Indiatimes - Iran says revival of OPEC export quotas 'very difficult': IRNA - 8 hours 20 min ago
The Latest: Black Friday around the country
AP - 3 hours 37 min ago
Shoppers began feasting on deals on Thanksgiving, but just how hungry they'll remain is yet to be seen....
- BBC - VIDEO: Sale fail? Where are Black Friday shoppers? - 8 hours 39 min ago
- Indiatimes - Black Friday for China stocks but metals not so heavy - 8 hours 58 min ago
- New York Times - Black Friday Retail Workers Try to Make the Most of a Shopping Slump - 21 hours 14 min ago
- China Daily - Black Friday opening doors to Chinese shoppers - 21 hours 36 min ago
- Zacks - Black Friday Trading: How Retail Stocks are Performing - 4 hours 16 min ago
- The Guardian - Retailers follow REI’s lead for Black Friday shutdown - 4 hours 53 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Black Friday: Midnight Madness At The Mall - Abercrombie, Hollister, American Eagle And Aeropostale Rock - 5 hours 19 min ago
- BusinessInsider - This Black Friday brawl over a vegetable steamer is so outrageous, it has to be fake - 5 hours 39 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Wealth Adviser Daily Briefing: Black Friday Bargains on Bond Funds? - 6 hours 6 min ago
- Time Business - Black Friday Shoppers Hit the Stores - 6 hours 17 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Automakers Promote Black Friday Sales - 6 hours 39 min ago
- Zero Hedge - The Videos Are In: US Shoppers Go Wild, Beat Each Other Up To Celebrate Black Friday Sales - 8 hours 53 min ago
- The Big Picture - 10 Black Friday AM Reads - 10 hours 6 min ago
- DailyFinance - 5 Things to Do on Black Friday Instead of Shopping - 17 hours 37 min ago
- Reuters Video - Black Friday fizzles, Disney shares fall - 1 hour 10 min ago
- MarketWatch Video - Black Friday Malls and Brawls - 3 hours 29 min ago
- CNN Video - The best (or worst) brawls of Black Friday 2015 - 8 hours 26 sec ago
Ringleader of Paris attacks planned more strikes, mocked open borders: sources
Reuters - 3 hours 57 min ago
PARIS (Reuters) - The ringleader behind the Nov. 13 attacks in Paris had plans to strike Jewish targets and to disrupt schools and the transport system in France, according to sources close to the investigation.
- BBC - VIDEO: Key moments from Paris attack memorial - 8 hours 28 min ago
- Reuters - Germany arrrests man who may have sold guns to Paris attackers - 14 hours 46 min ago
- AP - After Paris attacks, increased resolve for UN climate talks - 15 hours 7 min ago
- BusinessInsider - American art student made this moving animation in tribute to Paris - 2 hours 39 min ago
- Der Spiegel - Europe's Jihadists: What the Paris Attacks Tell Us about IS Strategy - 4 hours 18 min ago
- MarketWatch Video - Paris Attack's Injured Taken to Memorial From Hospital - 6 hours 27 min ago
Global economy weekahead: ECB easing, US jobs data in focus
Indiatimes - 4 hours 53 min ago
The world's two biggest central banks will move decisively in opposing directions next week, with the ECB almost certain to ease policy.
Pope in Africa rails against corruption, appeals for refugees
Reuters - 5 hours 2 min ago
NAIROBI (Reuters) - Pope Francis urged young Kenyans on Friday not to yield to the sweet lure of corruption, and urged them to help those tempted by "fanatical" ideologies.
- Zero Hedge - Dirty Connecticut Mayor (Sentenced To Prison For Corruption) Reelected In Landslide - 1 hour 7 min ago
Microsoft's Bill Gates to start multi-billion-dollar clean technology initiative: Report
Indiatimes - 6 hours 20 min ago
For India, the world's third largest greenhouse gas emitter, access to clean energy technology is at the core of its national strategy to combat climate change.
- Zacks - Microsoft (MSFT) Launches Nokia 230 'Perfect' for Selfies - 47 min 8 sec ago
- Seeking Alpha - Microsoft: Windows Tablets Will Grab Market Share From Android And iOS - 7 hours 28 min ago
Russia seeks economic revenge against Turkey over jet
Reuters - 6 hours 41 min ago
ISTANBUL/MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia threatened economic retaliation against Turkey on Thursday and said it was still awaiting a reasonable explanation for the shooting down of its warplane, but Turkey dismissed the threats as "emotional" and "unfitting."
- Indiatimes - Russia seeks economic revenge against Turkey - 23 hours 13 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Central, eastern Europe protest Russian gas pipeline project - 10 hours 10 min ago
Wall Street slips as Disney weighs; holiday sales in focus
Indiatimes - 7 hours 10 min ago
Wall Street was slightly lower, a shortened trading day, as investors turn their focus to crucial US holiday shopping season & Disney weighed on indexes.
- Seeking Alpha - Wall Street Breakfast: A Very Black Friday For Chinese Stocks - 10 hours 51 min ago
- The Guardian - Language of the City and Wall Street deciphered - 15 hours 36 min ago
Volkswagen labour boss says C02 cheating has hit new car orders
Indiatimes - 7 hours 48 min ago
Two weeks later, VW said the CO2 cheating, which mainly involved diesel cars, affected more petrol-powered vehicles than previously disclosed.
- Indiatimes - Toyota leads global car sales in October, outsells Volkswagen for 4th month - 11 hours 46 min ago
- Zacks - Volkswagen Emissions Scandal: California Wants New Recall - 3 hours 7 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Volkswagen scandal 'marks new climate mindset': 2014 summit head - 12 hours 48 min ago
Japan to provide Rs 5,536 crore loan for metro projects in Chennai & Ahmedabad
Indiatimes - 7 hours 53 min ago
Japan to provide Rs 5,536 crore loan for metro projects in Chennai & AhmedabadThe notes were exchanged between S Selvakumar, Joint Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs and Yutaka Kikuta, from Embassy of Japan to India.
- Indiatimes - Japan's Shinzo Abe seeks extra fiscal spending to revitalise economy - 17 hours 46 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Weak Japan data offer latest bad news for Abenomics - 21 hours 56 min ago
Global Stocks Edge Slightly Lower as China Slumps
Wall Street Journal - 8 hours 16 min ago
Global stock markets inched slightly lower Friday, as investors mostly shrugged off a steep drop in Chinese equities.
- BBC - China's stock market drops more than 5% - 14 hours 36 min ago
- Zacks - Stock Market News for November 27, 2015 - 7 hours 27 min ago
- Zero Hedge - China Unleashes Perfect Storm Of Bad News Prompting Stock Market Plunge - 9 hours 47 min ago
- Time Business - Chinese Stocks Tumble More Than 5% In Response to Misconduct Probes - 15 hours 14 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Chinese stocks fall after probes of brokers launched - 15 hours 52 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Bargain Hunters Might Find Some Values In Stock Market - 16 hours 4 min ago
China Minerals Corp and Alibaba cooperate on iron and steel e-commerce platform
China Daily - 9 hours 6 min ago
Minerals Development Co Ltd, a subsidiary of China Minerals Corp, reached an agreement with an investment company under Alibaba Group on Friday to build an iron and steel e-commerce platform. The signing ceremony and a press conference are going to be held next week. According to a statement of Mi ...
- China Daily - Shunning protocol, Obama interviews Alibaba's Jack Ma - 13 hours 36 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Alibaba's Second-Hand Spin-Off, LeTV's Unnamed Investor - 15 hours 37 min ago
Google aims for China launch of Google Play app store next year: sources
China Daily - 9 hours 6 min ago
The new Google logo is seen at the Google headquarters in Mountain View, California November 13, 2015.[Photo/Agencies] Google, part of Alphabet Inc, aims to launch the China version of its Google Play smartphone app store next year, according to people familiar with the matter, ...
- Zacks - Will Google Test Project Loon in the U.S. Next Year? - 1 hour 7 min ago
- TechCrunch - The New Google Glass Could Look Like A Monocle - 8 hours 26 min ago
Black Friday crowds thin after U.S. stores open on Thanksgiving
Reuters - 9 hours 30 min ago
PITTSBURGH/CHICAGO (Reuters) - Crowds were thin at U.S. stores and shopping malls in the early hours of Friday, initial spot checks showed, as shoppers responded to early Black Friday discounts with a mix of enthusiasm and caution.
- Reuters - Thanksgiving shopping crowds 'good not great'; online sales strong - 21 hours 8 min ago
- China Daily - Malls must open on Thanksgiving, but not without criticism - 21 hours 36 min ago
- AP - Holiday shoppers get a head start on Thanksgiving - 22 hours 37 min ago
- TechCrunch - This Week On The TC Gadgets Podcast: Happy Thanksgiving! - 2 hours 36 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Patti LaBelle spent Thanksgiving with the guy whose viral video helped her sell $2 million worth of pies at Walmart - 3 hours 55 min ago
- Minyanville - T3's Take 3: Markets Are Stuffed Up After Thanksgiving - 4 hours 27 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Thanksgiving And Stock Ideas For A Happy Holidays And A Great New Year - 4 hours 34 min ago
- Mike Shedlock - Thin Crowds, Subdued Shopping on Black and Blue Friday; Thanksgiving Shopping a Bust - 4 hours 52 min ago
- The Guardian - Black Friday eclipsed by Thanksgiving shopping as retailers open earlier - 8 hours 3 min ago
- DailyFinance - 3 Simple, Awesome Recipes for Thanksgiving Leftovers - 17 hours 37 min ago
Breather for India's compulsory licence seekers as WTO group extends moratorium on IP violation
Indiatimes - 9 hours 44 min ago
WTO members meeting as the TRIPS (trade-related aspects of intellectual property rights) Council agreed on November 23 on a draft ministerial decision on non-violation disputes in the area of intellectual property.
'New euro zone fund for troubled banks may face delay'
Indiatimes - 10 hours 19 min ago
The euro zone's Single Resolution Fund (SRF) will only become operational on January 1 if participating member states representing not less than 90 per cent of the aggregate of weighted votes ratify the agreement underpinning it by Monday.
- Seeking Alpha - U.K. And Eurozone Data Give Reason For Optimism - 3 hours 33 sec ago
Gold falls to lowest since 2010 as Fed rate-increase bets rise
Indiatimes - 10 hours 41 min ago
Gold today fell to the lowest in five years as bets that the US will raise interest rates next month increased, curbing the metal's appeal.
- TechCrunch - Interest Rates And Rating Interest - 3 hours 36 min ago
- Zacks - Banks Hit with Class Action over Interest Rate Swap Fix - 8 hours 17 min ago
Samsung Biologics investing $736 mn in manufacturing plant
Indiatimes - 11 hours 22 min ago
Samsung Biologics said it would invest $736 mn to build a manufacturing facility, as the conglomerate steps up its expansion in the biopharmaceutical sector.
- Seeking Alpha - Mexico Could Become A Manufacturing Powerhouse For The U.S. Market - 3 hours 41 min ago
Toyota leads global car sales in October, outsells VW for fourth month
Reuters - 11 hours 59 min ago
TOKYO (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp outsold Volkswagen AG for the fourth straight month in October to remain the world's top-selling automaker so far this year, after sales at the German carmaker suffered following the diesel emissions scandal.
Greek economy shrinks 0.9% q/q in third quarter: Data
Indiatimes - 12 hours 16 min ago
Greece's economy contracted in the third quarter at a steeper pace than estimated in a first reading earlier this month, revised data showed.
- BusinessInsider - Greek economy contracts 0.9% in third quarter: revised data - 12 hours 18 min ago
ECB may make bank review process more transparent: Ignazio Angeloni
Indiatimes - 13 hours 2 min ago
"It should remain clear at all times that the SREP is not a mechanical process: a degree of reasoned discretion must always be preserved," Angeloni said in Dublin.
- Indiatimes - Asia shares firm on ECB stimulus bets - 18 hours 8 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Counting Down To ECB's Big Surprise... - 15 hours 10 min ago
Mainland and Hong Kong reach CEPA service trade agreement
China Daily - 13 hours 6 min ago
The Chinese mainland and Hong Kong reached a Closer Economic Partnership Arrangement on service trade on Friday, opening up a new era of liberalization in service trades between the two sides. The arrangement, signed by Vice-Minister of Commerce Wang Shouwen and John Tsang, the Hong Kong SAR Governm ...
- China Daily - Free trade reform 'could be widened' in right time - 21 hours 36 min ago
HSBC opts out, says it is shutting its private banking business in India
Indiatimes - 13 hours 21 min ago
HSBC opts out, says it is shutting its private banking business in IndiaHSBC will shut its private banking business in India, a spokesman said, marking the exit of another foreign bank from Asia's third-largest economy.
Starboard urges Yahoo to drop Alibaba spinoff plan
China Daily - 13 hours 36 min ago
The Yahoo offices are pictured in Santa Monica, California in this April 18, 2011, file photo. Yahoo Inc Chief Executive Scott Thompson is stepping down after a controversy over a fake computer science college degree on his biography, a source familiar with the situation said on May 13, 2 ...
Innovative, small businesses get multibillion-dollar tax cuts in China
China Daily - 14 hours 36 min ago
BEIJING - Chinese firms received tax cuts totaling 237.5 billion yuan ($37.2 billion) in the first three quarters as a result of government policies to spur innovation and mass entrepreneurship, the tax administration said Thursday. Millions of businesses have seen their taxes reduced, according to ...
- Indiatimes - EU lawmakers set up temporary tax-dodging panel amid criticism - 23 hours 19 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Netherlands to appeal EU tax avoidance fine on Starbucks - 5 hours 42 min ago
- DailyFinance - Which States Tax Social Security? - 17 hours 37 min ago
- Reuters Video - Welsh town goes "offshore" in tax protest - 8 hours 27 min ago
Solar power to illuminate 140 Naxal-hit villages in Chhattisgarh
Indiatimes - 17 hours 26 min ago
As many as 140 remote villages and hamlets in Naxal-affected areas of Chhattisgarh which have no electricity supply even 68 years after the country's independence will soon be illuminated with solar power.
- China Daily - CGN considers solar power foray in France - 20 hours 6 min ago
Japan's jobless rate at 20-year low, consumer spending drops
Indiatimes - 17 hours 29 min ago
Japan's jobless rate fell to a 20-year low in October, but consumer spending and incomes also edged down.
- Indiatimes - Japan October jobless rate falls to 3.1% - 22 hours 48 min ago
Brent crude up on Mideast risks; U.S. oil down on glut
Indiatimes - 19 hours 42 min ago
Brent crude futures inched up in early Asian trade on Friday, with prices rising around 2 percent so far this week on geopolitical risks in the Middle East.
- Zacks - Will WPX Energy's Strategy to Boost Oil Production Work? - 1 hour 17 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Will Low Oil Prices Increase Internal Instability In Conflict Countries? - 8 hours 29 min ago
China's central bank cuts SLF interest rates for local branches
China Daily - 20 hours 6 min ago
BEIJING - China's central bank said Thursday it will cut the interest rates on standing lending facility (SLF), a liquidity support tool, for its local branches. The interest rates of overnight and seven-day SLFs for local financial institutions will be reduced to 2.75 percent and 3.25 percent respe ...
- Zero Hedge - One by One the Central Banks Are Losing Control - 6 hours 36 min ago