Business News - The Last 24 HoursBreakingviews: Squaring a Bid for Monsanto With Bayer’s Reward
New York Times - 1 hour 19 min ago
While there could be extra rewards in bundling Monsanto’s high-tech seeds with Bayer’s crop sprays, a merger might not produce enough profit to justify a higher offer.
- Reuters - Monsanto boss could net $70 million from a Bayer takeover - 5 hours 47 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: Dollar General, Monsanto, Palo Alto, TG Therapeutics, Ulta, Vivint Solar and More - 8 hours 47 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Dealpolitik: Bayer, Monsanto Lovefest May not Last - 20 hours 59 min ago
Tesla to wait for mass customers before building Chinese factory
China Daily - 1 hour 27 min ago
The Tesla X is presented at the Geneva International Motor Show during the second press day in Geneva,switzerland, March 2 2016. [Photo/IC] Despite an uptick in Tesla 3 preorders here, making China the biggest market outside the US, the electric car titan still needs a convinci ...
- Seeking Alpha - Tesla: Anyone Party With Elon Musk? - 12 hours 5 min ago
China's central bank names new deputy governor
China Daily - 1 hour 27 min ago
Zhang Tao, new deputy governor of the People's Bank of China. [Photo/pbc.gov.cn] Zhang Tao has been appointed as new deputy governor of the People's Bank of China (PBOC), the country's central bank, according to an online statement released by the State Council on Friday. Wit ...
- Zero Hedge - The Utopian Central Bank Financial Market (Video) - 7 hours 16 min ago
Janet Yellen says Fed could raise rates in coming months
AP - 1 hour 27 min ago
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) -- Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen said Friday that an interest rate hike would be appropriate in the coming months if the economy keeps improving....
- BusinessInsider - China is searching for clues on the Fed's next move - 18 hours 54 min ago
- MarketWatch Video - Janet Yellen Says Fed Could Raise Rates in 'Coming Months' - 3 hours 21 min ago
- WSJ Video - Janet Yellen Says Fed Could Raise Rates in 'Coming Months' - 3 hours 21 min ago
Yellen: rate rise in 'coming months'
BBC - 2 hours 41 min ago
Federal Reserve chair Janet Yellen expects interest rates to rise again later this year if the US economy continues to improve.
- The Guardian - Janet Yellen hints at interest rate hike before holiday weekend - 2 hours 37 min ago
- The Big Picture - Are Banks More Profitable When Interest Rates Are High or Low? - 12 hours 57 min ago
China commodity exchange to curb speculation
China Daily - 2 hours 57 min ago
BEIJING -- Dalian Commodity Exchange (DCE) will closely monitor the commodity market to stop illicit trading, said vice general manager Wang Fenghai Thursday. Wang said that spot prices of some commodities swung violently this year and he had seen signs of excessive speculation in the trading of co ...
- Seeking Alpha - The Commodities Market Has A Sweet Tooth - 8 hours 43 min ago
Investment in real estate falls to 17-year low
China Daily - 2 hours 57 min ago
Potential homebuyers examine a property project model in Nanjing, East China's Jiangsu province, Feb 28, 2016.[Photo/VCG] Chinese listed property companies' investment in real estate in 2015 registered the slowest growth in 17 years, according to China Securities Daily citing a report r ...
- Seeking Alpha - Tejon Ranch - A Unique Way To Play The California Real Estate Market With High Upside - 6 hours 22 min ago
- Zacks - DFA Real Estate Securities Institutional Fund (DFREX) in Focus - 7 hours 52 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Chinese firms are still plowing money into US real estate - 22 hours 56 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Real Estate Shares Shrug Off Brexit - 23 hours 58 min ago
China adjudged most attractive food, beverage export market: study
China Daily - 2 hours 57 min ago
BERLIN -- China was adjudged the most attractive export market for food and beverage companies, according to a study published Thursday. The United States dropped to second place, while Germany held steady as the most attractive European country in third place, said IESE Business School Munich in a ...
- China Daily - UN agency hails China's industrial strategy - 2 hours 57 min ago
- Zacks - China Stock Roundup: Trina Solar, JA Solar Beat, ReneSola Revenues Fall YoY - 4 hours 20 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Saudi Arabia, China, and Howard Marks: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ON WALL STREET - 4 hours 44 min ago
- Zero Hedge - China's Credit-Fuelled Economy Is "Gyrating Like A Spinning-Top That's Out Of Momentum" - 19 hours 42 min ago
Microsoft's upgrade push irritates Chinese users
China Daily - 2 hours 57 min ago
Rick Rashid, Chief Research Officer of Microsoft Corporation, delivers a keynote speech at the 14th Computing in the 21st Century Conference held in north China's Tianjin Municipality, Oct 25, 2012. The conference invited computer specialists and experts to share with the audience the lat ...
- New York Times - Tech Tip: Fixing Microsoft Office for Mac Update Errors - 8 hours 19 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Buying This Dip In Microsoft A Smart Move - 3 hours 34 min ago
- Morningstar - Microsoft Positioned for Sustained Success - 9 hours 57 min ago
Yellen Says Fed on Track to Raise Rates ‘in Coming Months’
New York Times - 3 hours 39 sec ago
The Fed chief said evidence of a rebound was mounting, but did not suggest that a June rate increase was a foregone conclusion.
- Reuters - Yellen may help pave way for higher rates on Friday - 7 hours 6 min ago
- BusinessInsider - STOCKS DO NOTHING, YELLEN SPEAKS: Here's what you need to know - 1 hour 57 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Stocks, Bonds Slide As Hawkish Yellen Sends July Rate-Hike Odds To Record Highs - 3 hours 48 min ago
- Morningstar - Stocks Rise Ahead of Yellen Speech - 5 hours 17 min ago
- Zacks - Investors Waiting for Yellen's Comments - 6 hours 56 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - GDP Friday - Yellen Spins Us Into The Holiday Weekend - 8 hours 22 min ago
- The Guardian - FTSE awaits US data and Yellen but Capita falls on outlook concerns - 13 hours 9 min ago
- WSJ Video - Yellen: Inflation Rate Will Rise If Labor Markets Keep Improving - 2 hours 36 min ago
How Alibaba won _ and lost _ a friend in Washington
AP - 7 hours 57 min ago
SHANGHAI (AP) -- In 2011, a respected anti-counterfeiting coalition in Washington escalated its fight against the Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba, saying its websites served as a 24-hour market "for counterfeiters and pirates" and should be blacklisted....
- AP - How Alibaba won _ and lost _ a friend in Washington - 14 hours 57 min ago
- China Daily - HK regulator says Alibaba deal broke code - 18 hours 57 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - No One Is Auditing Alibaba's Auditors - 9 hours 50 min ago
VIDEO: What do London's Europeans think of Brexit?
BBC - 7 hours 59 min ago
Marcus Thompson finds out what London's Europeans think of Britain possibly leaving the EU.
- BBC - I'm no secret Brexiteer, says Cameron - 13 hours 10 min ago
- New York Times - AXA to Sell SunLife and British Pensions Business to Phoenix - 13 hours 56 min ago
- Reuters - Brexit would be serious risk to global economic growth: G7 leaders - 19 hours 4 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Brexit Will Take Down Euro Along With GBP - 4 hours 42 min ago
- Der Spiegel - Growing Uneasiness: EU Preparing for a Possible Brexit - 6 hours 9 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - This Week's Brexit Briefing - At A Glance - 9 hours 3 min ago
- The Guardian - Brexit would pose 'serious risk' to global growth, say G7 leaders - 14 hours 34 min ago
- BusinessInsider - G7 world leaders: Brexit would be a serious risk to the global economic growth - 15 hours 47 min ago
- FT Alphaville - FirstFT – Brexit ‘Plan B’, the new wave of UK nanobreweries and how to sound charismatic - 16 hours 29 min ago
- Reuters Video - G7 warn on global Brexit risks - 9 hours 49 min ago
Your Money: Finally, Private Unemployment Insurance. But Will Anyone Buy It?
New York Times - 8 hours 39 min ago
IncomeAssure offers coverage that provides half your pretax pay, minus state jobless benefits, for up to 24 weeks.
US economy grew at 0.8 percent rate in first quarter
AP - 8 hours 57 min ago
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The U.S. economy's slowdown in growth at the beginning of the year wasn't quite as bad as first thought, thanks to a bigger boost from housing and less drag from business investment and trade....
- China Daily - Trade, investment issues to be tackled at high-level China-US dialogue - 19 hours 57 min ago
- BusinessInsider - The US economy was better than we thought in the first quarter - 9 hours 27 min ago
- The Guardian - Markets await US GDP growth figures and Yellen speech – business live - 14 hours 9 min ago
U.S. first-quarter economic growth revised up to 0.8 percent
Reuters - 9 hours 13 min ago
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. economic growth slowed in the first quarter although not as sharply as initially thought, amid a surge in spending on home building and a steady increase in inventory investment by businesses.
- New York Times - U.S. Economy Grew Faster in First Quarter Than Previously Thought - 9 hours 22 min ago
8 automakers recall over 12M vehicles for Takata air bags
AP - 9 hours 27 min ago
DETROIT (AP) -- Eight automakers are recalling more than 12 million vehicles in the U.S. to replace Takata air bag inflators that can explode with too much force....
- AP - 8 automakers recall over 12M vehicles for Takata air bags - 10 hours 57 min ago
- Reuters - Automakers recall 12 million U.S. vehicles over Takata air bags - 11 hours 26 min ago
- New York Times - Japan Recalls 7 Million More Cars With Takata Airbags - 12 hours 35 min ago
HMRC loses £50m Qatar tax appeal
BBC - 9 hours 45 min ago
HM Revenue & Customs loses an appeal to recover up to £50m in stamp duty from the sale of the Chelsea Barracks.
- BusinessInsider - REPORT: Japan looks set to delay its sales tax increase again - 16 hours 36 min ago
Apple fights call to block Facetime
BBC - 10 hours 24 min ago
A patent owner wants Apple to suspend Facetime and iMessage chat apps because it claims its technologies have been infringed.
- Reuters - Push for encryption law falters despite Apple case spotlight - 16 hours 49 min ago
- BusinessInsider - The upcoming Echo-like Apple TV might include a camera (AAPL) - 1 hour 14 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Apple Watch Positives Remain Few And Far Between - 4 hours 7 min ago
- The Guardian - After the iPhone: Apple eyes Time Warner and TV for its next act - 5 hours 7 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Why It Could Be a While Before Apple Can Open Stores in India - 12 hours 31 min ago
- TechCrunch - Apple is ‘working rapidly’ to launch Apple Pay in more countries in Asia and Europe - 16 hours 22 min ago
- NY Post - Apple considered expanding into media world: report - 19 hours 45 min ago
France unions urge strike escalation
BBC - 12 hours 44 min ago
French trade unions urge bigger protests against labour market reforms as President Francois Hollande vows to stand firm.
- Zero Hedge - "I'm Going To Stick With This Right To The End" - French President Hollande Threatens Union Protesters - 5 hours 34 min ago
- Reuters Video - Signs of recovery despite French strikes - 9 hours 5 min ago
FTSE opens flat as oil price slips
BBC - 13 hours 51 min ago
The price of oil reversed gains made on Thursday while London shares open flat overall.
- Zero Hedge - Crude Traders Shrug As Oil Rig Count Resumes Decline - 4 hours 52 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Oil Prices Poised to Hit Sweet Spot for Global Economy - Energy Journal - 6 hours 17 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Where Will The First Shot Be Fired In The Oil Price Wars? - 6 hours 46 min ago
- Zacks - Rowan's Premium Fleet to Drive Growth Despite Low Oil Prices - 7 hours 53 min ago
Symantec says SWIFT heist linked to Philippines attack, Sony hack
Reuters - 15 hours 11 min ago
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Hackers who stole $81 million from Bangladesh's central bank have been linked to an attack on a bank in the Philippines, in addition to the 2014 hack on Sony Pictures, cybersecurity company Symantec Corp said in a blog post on Thursday.
- BusinessInsider - Hackers who stole $81 million have reportedly been linked to the big Sony Pictures hack - 7 hours 33 min ago
- Zacks - Videogame Stock Roundup: GameStop's Earnings, Sony's Tepid Forecast, Microsoft's VR Xbox & More - 7 hours 36 min ago
Foxconn replaces 60,000 workers with robots
China Daily - 18 hours 57 min ago
An arc welding robot is displayed at the World Robot Conference 2015 in Beijing, on Nov 24, 2015. [Photo/IC] Apple and Samsung supplier Foxconn has cut employees in one of its factories from 110,000 to 50,000. The company was able to reduce its labor costs thanks to the introdu ...
Top 10 Chinese property companies with highest inventories
China Daily - 18 hours 57 min ago
China's real estate industry, which Moody's predicted recently will slow down this year with sales dipping to single-digit growth, is weighed by huge inventories after past decade's expansion. According to statistics from Wind, a domestic financial data provider, inventories of the country's 137 l ...
Restructuring, buys take toll on China's Lenovo
China Daily - 19 hours 57 min ago
Indian models pose with the flexible YOGA range of Lenovo laptops during their launch in Bangalore last year.AFP Technology giant reports its first loss in six years China's technology giant Lenovo Group reported its first loss in six years which it blamed on the cost ...
- BusinessInsider - Lenovo is not happy with its purchase of Motorola from Google - 6 hours 24 min ago
Jury sides with Google in battle over Android software
AP - 20 hours 57 min ago
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- Google's Android software just dodged a $9 billion bullet....
- TechCrunch - Copyright questions remain after Google’s fair use victory - 2 hours 55 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Why Is Google Getting Into The City-Making Business? - 4 hours 33 min ago
- Zacks - Acxiom Expands Google Collaboration with Customer Match - 11 hours 29 min ago
Google beats Oracle in $9 billion Android trial
Reuters - 21 hours 29 min ago
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - A U.S. jury handed Google a major victory on Thursday in a long-running copyright battle with Oracle Corp over Android software used to run most of the world's smartphones.
- BBC - Google wins in Java fight with Oracle - 22 hours 11 min ago
- Zacks - Oracle to Appeal Against Jury's Verdict Favoring Google - 3 hours 34 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - AM Roundup: Google Beats Oracle - 4 hours 12 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Eye On Tech: Apple M&A Speculation Grows, And Google Triumphs Against Oracle - 10 hours 55 min ago
Short sellers circle Alibaba amid SEC probe
Reuters - 21 hours 32 min ago
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Alibaba Group Holding Ltd , which disclosed it is under investigation for its accounting practices, has emerged as one of the short-selling community's favorite targets in the relatively short time it has been in the public market.
- Zero Hedge - Alibaba’s SEC Probe: What’s Missing From This Disclosure? - 3 hours 22 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - The SEC May Stop IEX, But CNBC's Commentary Will Not Be Why - 10 hours 53 min ago
- Naked Capitalism - Wall Street Journal Tallies DoJ and SEC’s Pathetic Record in Tacking Wall Street Crime - 12 hours 39 min ago
Wang urges Japan to cooperate on Asian economy
China Daily - 22 hours 27 min ago
Japanese leaders should think about working together with China to revitalize the Asian economy instead of being concerned about things that have nothing to do with Japan, Foreign Minister Wang Yi told a news conference in Beijing on Thursday. Wang was responding to a question about how can Japan a ...
- China Daily - Guizhou Duyun's sphagnum moss in high demand in Japan - 22 hours 27 min ago
Thiel-Gawker Fight Raises Concerns About Press Freedom
New York Times - 23 hours 36 min ago
The bankrolling of a lawsuit against the Gawker website by the Silicon Valley figure Peter Thiel has led to a debate encompassing broader themes.
- TechCrunch - Pierre Omidyar involved in effort to help Gawker in its appeal - 1 hour 3 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Finally, a Silicon Valley billionaire is standing up to Peter Thiel in the Gawker case - 1 hour 45 min ago
- The Big Picture - Peter Thiel and Gawker - 5 hours 57 min ago
- NY Post - Penske, Vox flirting with Gawker acquisition - 20 hours 45 sec ago
- CNN Video - Tech billionaire funding lawsuits against Gawker - 8 hours 12 min ago