Business News - The Last 24 HoursReview: Galaxy S6 phones are Samsung's best yet
AP - 36 min 3 sec ago
NEW YORK (AP) -- A better design, a sharper camera and easier-to-use software make the new Galaxy S6 phones the best Samsung has yet to offer....
- Indiatimes - Why Galaxy S6 smartphones are Samsung's best yet - 11 hours 25 min ago
- Zacks - ABB-Samsung SDI Pen MOU to Boost Microgrid Solutions - Analyst Blog - 3 hours 6 min ago
Bits Blog: Google and Johnson & Johnson Team for Robotic Surgery Projects
New York Times - 1 hour 21 min ago
Google and Johnson & Johnson announced a partnership to develop new robot-assisted surgery technologies but offered few details.
- Indiatimes - Google teams with Johnson & Johnson on robotic surgery - 1 hour 27 min ago
- BBC - Google loses bid over suing - 8 hours 38 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - Google CFO Gets $70 Million Pay Package - 17 hours 18 min ago
- New York Times - Bits Blog: New Google C.F.O. Gets $70 Million Pay Package (and $7,500 to Move) - 19 hours 41 min ago
- Zacks - Google to Pay New Executive $70M in the First Two Years - Analyst Blog - 56 min 6 sec ago
- Seeking Alpha - Yandex: Poised To Benefit If Google Leaves - 1 hour 49 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Google investors will love these charts. Android developers will hate them. (GOOG) - 3 hours 36 min ago
- TechCrunch - Google To Build Robotic Surgery Platform With Johnson & Johnson - 5 hours 10 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Everyone (Still) Wants to Work for Google - 18 hours 49 min ago
Germanwings crash: Counting the cost
BBC - 1 hour 41 min ago
Is the airline legally obliged to compensate the families of the victims for their loss?
- Indiatimes - Germanwings crash co-pilot hid 'illness' from airline - 4 hours 29 min ago
- New York Times - Investigators Pursue Motive in Germanwings Crash - 9 hours 23 min ago
- Reuters - Germanwings co-pilot had serious depressive episode: Bild newspaper - 11 hours 32 min ago
- BBC - VIDEO: Relatives visit Germanwings crash site - 19 hours 49 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Germanwings Crash: How The Aviation Industry Has Reacted - At A Glance - 21 min 19 sec ago
- Zero Hedge - "Serious Depressive Episode" May Have Driven Germanwings Pilot To "Criminal, Mad, Suicidal" Action, Prosecutors Allege - 6 hours 16 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Germanwings co-pilot hid sick leave note for day of crash: prosecutors - 6 hours 58 min ago
China strikes $23.6 billion worth of deals with Kazakhstan
Indiatimes - 1 hour 42 min ago
Expanding its economic partnership with resource-rich Kazakhstan, China today struck 33 deals worth USD 23.6 billion, covering a host of areas including steel and non-ferrous metals.
- China Daily - China to remain important engine for global economy - 9 hours 5 min ago
- Zero Hedge - China Hard Landing: Blame The Smog - 17 hours 6 min ago
- WSJ Video - Who Can Fix China’s Bad Banks? - 11 hours 45 min ago
U.S. Fed weighs insurers' proposal for new capital rules
Reuters - 1 hour 52 min ago
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Federal Reserve is considering a proposal from life insurers that could delay the implementation of a costly nationwide capital framework for the $1 trillion industry, according to records of a recent meeting between the two sides seen by Reuters and people familiar w ...
- Reuters - Fed market gurus prep rate hike amid last-minute anxieties - 17 hours 29 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - The Federal Reserve Has Their Own Motives On Fannie And Freddie - 2 hours 55 min ago
Oil price drop a stimulus for Chinese economy
China Daily - 2 hours 5 min ago
The global crude oil price drop could be a stimulus to create further growth in the Chinese economy, said Robin Matthews, managing director of Europe and Asia at Deloitte Upstream Oil and Gas Advisory. "Energy is now cheaper, so it's a benefit for China. On top of the government steps to stimulate ...
- Indiatimes - Jaitley expects global crude oil prices to stabilise soon - 6 hours 1 min ago
- Reuters - Oil prices ease as market sees little threat of supply disruptions from Yemen - 17 hours 15 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Oil Slides As Inventories Trump Iran-Yemen Push-Pull - 4 hours 6 min ago
- The Guardian - Oil prices dip as Yemen fears fade - live updates - 10 hours 27 min ago
Microsoft says data requests down, reforms needed
Indiatimes - 2 hours 9 min ago
Some 70 per cent of the requests came from five countries -- the United States, France, Britain, Germany and Turkey, the report said.
- BusinessInsider - Microsoft buys, shuts down a tiny startup - 1 hour 31 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Microsoft: The China Mobile-Backed Lenovo Windows 10 Smartphone Could Be A Future Tailwind - 11 hours 23 min ago
Grexit breather: Greece may resort to parallel currency
Indiatimes - 2 hours 21 min ago
Grexit breather: Greece may resort to parallel currencyAthens has lost access to bond markets and international creditors are not willing to lend it more money until it starts implementing reforms.
- Indiatimes - Greece won't discuss parallel currency, says expects deal - 2 hours 21 min ago
- The Guardian - Greece submits reform proposals to eurozone creditors - with a warning - 23 min 39 sec ago
- WSJ Blogs - Greece Scrambles to Reach Deal as Cash Runs Low - 1 hour 11 min ago
- BusinessInsider - REPORT: Greece's crucial reform list is finally finished - 5 hours 26 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Will Greece Call A Referendum On Euro Membership? - 5 hours 31 min ago
- Naked Capitalism - The Troika’s Leverage Over Greece: The Ongoing Bank Run - 9 hours 53 min ago
- Reuters Video - Mixed messages on euro zone debt & Greece - 3 hours 23 min ago
Israel to resume tax transfers to PA
BBC - 2 hours 36 min ago
Israel is to stop withholding tax revenues collected on behalf of the Palestinian Authority, a move that has crippled the Palestinian economy.
- Indiatimes - Retro tax law not applicable on dividends by foreign firms - 19 hours 46 min ago
- DailyFinance - Someone Filed a False Tax Return in Your Name - Now What? - 13 hours 6 min ago
- Kiplinger - Tax Records You Can Toss - 15 hours 6 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - With Medicare 'Doc Fix' Fixed, Is Corporate Tax Reform Next? - 19 hours 11 min ago
- Zacks - MedTech M&As Continue Regardless of Tax Scenarios - Industry Outlook - 22 hours 38 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Most Americans think they pay the right amount in taxes - 23 hours 17 min ago
Greens ‘want 1% of GDP for science’
BBC - 3 hours 33 min ago
A promise by the Greens to bring science funding up to 1% of GDP differs from the statements offered by six party leaders, answering a call to set out their policies on science.
- Indiatimes - US GDP unrevised at 2.2% in Q4; corporate profits fall - 5 hours 56 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - U.S. Fourth-Quarter GDP Expanded at 2.2% Pace - 6 hours 16 min ago
- Reuters - U.S. GDP unrevised at 2.2 percent in fourth quarter; corporate profits fall - 6 hours 31 min ago
- China Daily - GDP growth may fall to 6.8% this year, says Nomura - 17 hours 35 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Fourth-Quarter GDP - At A Glance - 1 hour 21 min ago
- Morningstar - Stocks Little Changed After GDP Data - 2 hours 6 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Final Q4 GDP Unchanged At 2.2%, Below Expectations; Corporate Profits Tumble - 6 hours 24 min ago
- DailyFinance - GDP Steady at 2.2% in Q4; Corporate Profits Fall - 10 hours 30 min ago
Wall Street little changed with focus on Yellen; biotechs up
Indiatimes - 4 hours 12 min ago
US stocks edged up on Friday, with major indexes trying to avoid falling every day this week, ahead of a speech by Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen.
- Indiatimes - Dollar rebounds on 2015 rate hike bets; Yellen eyed - 6 hours 19 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Talkin' And Yellen: Understanding The Fed - 5 hours 59 min ago
Airlines in Thailand Face Bans Over Safety Concerns
New York Times - 4 hours 21 min ago
New flights could be blocked and carriers could be subject to more inspections after the International Civil Aviation Organization found problems.
- Indiatimes - Thai airlines face scrutiny over safety, bans on new flights - 6 hours 39 min ago
- Reuters - EU agency may advise airlines adopt two person cockpit norm: source - 9 hours 7 min ago
- China Daily - Hainan Airlines buys 30 Boeing 787-9 jets - 17 hours 5 min ago
European air authority to recommend 2 crew in cockpit
Indiatimes - 4 hours 46 min ago
Europe's aviation safety agency will recommend that airlines across continent always have two people in cockpit of a flying aircraft, according to Scandinavian authorities.
Brazil's economy grew 0.1% in 2014
BBC - 5 hours 12 min ago
Brazil, the world's seventh largest economy, narrowly avoided contracting in 2014 with a growth rate of just 0.1% for the year.
- Indiatimes - Brazil economy beat low forecasts in 2014, but observers expect recession this year - 6 hours 21 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Brazil stagnates in 2014, recession looms for 2015 - 2 hours 1 min ago
Wall St. Edges Up in Early Trading
New York Times - 5 hours 14 min ago
Oil prices were lower, a day after a sharp increase related to worries about supply amid conflict in the Middle East.
- Indiatimes - Wall Street ends down in choppy session, but off lows - 20 hours 11 min ago
- Zacks - Stocks Weak This Week - Ahead of Wall Street - 4 hours 46 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Goldman's plan to take over Wall Street's commodities business is working - 4 hours 56 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - BitBeat: Plug and Play Builds a Bridge Between Bitcoin, Wall Street - 20 hours 15 min ago
- Zero Hedge - 3 Things: No Money, Wall Street's Big Scam, Bottom 80% - 22 hours 5 min ago
- WSJ Video - Upbeat Q4 GDP Report Should Please Wall Street - 6 hours 19 sec ago
BlackBerry Reports $28 Million Profit in 4th Quarter
New York Times - 6 hours 35 min ago
The smartphone maker is in the midst of a major restructuring, limiting production of phones to avoid the costly financial of the past.
- Indiatimes - BlackBerry reports net profit of $28m in fiscal Q4 - 7 hours 36 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - BlackBerry Swings to a Profit - 7 hours 41 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Canada Stocks to Watch: BlackBerry, BRP Inc., Strongco, Savanna and more - 35 min 53 sec ago
- Seeking Alpha - BlackBerry's Chen: Guidance Increasingly At Odds With Reality - 2 hours 46 min ago
- Zacks - BlackBerry (BBRY) Makes Q4 Profit, Lags Revenues - Tale of the Tape - 5 hours 56 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Why a BlackBerry Profit Should Surprise Even Its Rivals - 7 hours 5 min ago
- Wall Street Pit - BlackBerry (BBRY) Tops Q4 EPS Forecasts - 7 hours 31 min ago
ECB shelves euro clearing house policy
Indiatimes - 6 hours 45 min ago
A clearing house stands between two sides of a securities transaction to ensure it is completed even if one side goes bust.
- Indiatimes - ECB Chief says Money Printing Helping Euro Zone Recovery - 13 hours 16 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - ECB Weidmann: Ending Preferential Tax Treatment of Debt Would be 'Major Boon' to Stability - 5 hours 31 min ago
Chevron Seeks to Sell Caltex Australia Stake for $3.6 Billion
New York Times - 7 hours 12 min ago
The proposed sale of the 50 percent stake comes amid falling oil prices and after other global oil companies left Australia’s refining industry.
- Wall Street Journal - Chevron to Sell Caltex Australia Stake - 10 hours 13 min ago
- Indiatimes - Chevron seeking $3.6 billion by selling Caltex stake - 11 hours 46 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Now Is The Time To Buy Chevron - 3 hours 57 min ago
RBS sells Coutts International to UBP
BBC - 9 hours 1 min ago
Royal Bank of Scotland sells Coutts International, the overseas arm of its private bank, to Switzerland's Union Bancaire Privee (UBP).
- Wall Street Journal - RBS Sells Coutts International - 9 hours 33 min ago
S. Korea about to make sharp turns in AIIB
China Daily - 9 hours 5 min ago
China's Finance Minister Lou Jiwei (C) signs a document, with the guests of the signing ceremony of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing October 24, 2014. [Photo / Agencies] SEOUL -- South Korea is about to make sharp turns in its d ...
- China Daily - China-initiated AIIB opportunity for Australian companies - 9 hours 5 min ago
- Indiatimes - S Korea sees gains for its infra cos from joining AIIB - 14 hours 26 min ago
Italy at risk of deflation: Central bank head Ignazio Visco
Indiatimes - 9 hours 7 min ago
The Bank of Italy head added economic problems had the same causes that have long plagued the country, including low competitiveness and corruption.
- BBC - Japan economy at brink of deflation - 13 hours 55 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - BOE's Broadbent: Deflation Unlikely in U.K. - 4 hours 47 min ago
- Mike Shedlock - SNB Warns of "Temporary Deflation", Promises Further "Unconventional Measures" Including Forex Interventions to Achieve "Stability" - 11 hours 36 min ago
Govt plans $10-billion push for chip manufacturing
Indiatimes - 9 hours 10 min ago
Govt plans $10-billion push for chip manufacturingIn a major boost to chip manufacturing and designing, the Centre plans to pump $10 billion into facilities in Gujarat and Uttar Pradesh.
- Wall Street Journal - Toyota Unveils Revamped Manufacturing Process - 19 hours 33 min ago
- Zacks - Ford Opens Vehicle & Engine Manufacturing Facility in India - Analyst Blog - 23 hours 7 min ago
- Reuters Video - Asia Week Ahead: Temperature checks for manufacturing - 14 hours 51 min ago
China, Mongolia meet on cross-border trade zone
China Daily - 9 hours 35 min ago
HOHHOT -- China and Mongolia have agreed to dedicate nine square km on either side of their border to a joint economic zone, in their first meeting on the issue. The two sides met in Erenhot of north China's Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region on Thursday to discuss a zone comprising land in Erenhot a ...
- China Daily - Free trade zones set to become vital testing grounds for broad reforms - 19 hours 5 min ago
Singapore advises against Lee queues
BBC - 9 hours 51 min ago
Singaporean authorities say the queue to view statesman Lee Kuan Yew lying in state is now nine hours long and urge people not to join.
Housing market activity 'subdued'
BBC - 10 hours 16 min ago
UK housing market activity has "remained subdued", the Nationwide says, as annual house price growth slows for the seventh month in a row.
- Zero Hedge - Housing Contribution To US GDP Lowest In Post-War Era - 21 min 4 sec ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - The Eight Housing Markets With the Longest Way to Go - 1 hour 7 min ago
Has Japan's 'Big Bazooka' Misfired?
Wall Street Journal - 11 hours 16 min ago
Japan is drifting back toward deflation, underscoring the continuing difficulties in pulling the world’s third-largest economy out of its long slump.
- Wall Street Journal - Japan Shares Rise - 15 hours 8 min ago
Amazon in talks to buy online luxury retailer Net-a-Porter: Report
Indiatimes - 14 hours 9 min ago
Amazon has long eyed the high-end fashion retail sector and any deal for Net-a-Porter would mean a new commitment in the area, the report said.
- Reuters - Amazon in talks to buy online luxury retailer Net-a-Porter: Forbes - 14 hours 46 min ago
- Wall Street Pit - Notable Upgrades: BioMarin Pharmaceutical (BMRN), Facebook (FB), ChinaCache (CCIH), Novavax (NVAX), Amazon.com (AMZN) - 56 min 19 sec ago
- Zacks - Amazon Spurs Cloud Storage War with Unlimited Cloud Drive Plans - Analyst Blog - 3 hours 26 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Here are the best movies coming to Amazon Prime in April - 3 hours 54 min ago
- NY Post - Amazon in talks to buy online luxury retailer Net-a-Porter - 5 hours 24 min ago
- Mike Shedlock - For Robots Only: Amazon Sponsored Contest; Soft Fingers Needed - 22 hours 54 min ago
Yahoo to exit from Chinese mainland market
China Daily - 18 hours 35 min ago
Closure of Beijing R&D center expected to result in as many as 300 job losses Yahoo president and CEO Marissa Mayer speaks during a keynote address at the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas on January 7, 2014. [Photo/IC] Yahoo Inc is set to completely exit ...
- Indiatimes - Yahoo boosts share buyback plan by $2 billion - 18 hours 57 min ago
- Wall Street Pit - Yahoo (YHOO) Stock Breaks Out On Buyback Plan Increase - 4 hours 33 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Yahoo $2 Billion Buyback Is Larger Than It Seems - 5 hours 20 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Yahoo's recovery is so weak it will be overtaken by Twitter on digital display ad revenues (YHOO) - 9 hours 46 min ago
- WSJ Video - Fri., March 27: Watch Yahoo Stock on Buyback - 5 hours 18 min ago
Citigroup Report Chides Law Firms for Silence on Hackings
New York Times - 20 hours 47 min ago
The report said the reluctance of most law firms to publicly discuss breaches and the lack of reporting requirements made it impossible to determine if such attacks were increasing.
- Zacks - Citigroup to Sell Nicaraguan Business to Grupo Financiero - Analyst Blog - 22 hours 39 min ago
Bargain Hunting With a Strong Dollar in Europe
New York Times - 22 hours 14 min ago
With the euro approaching parity with the dollar, it seems to be time for a shopping spree on the Continent. But currency fluctuations are complicated. Above, an Isaia boutique in Florence, Italy.