Business News - The Last 24 HoursAmazon plans more business-friendly initiatives in China
China Daily - 59 min 13 sec ago
A UPS worker carries an Amazon box to be delivered in New York July 24, 2015.[Photo/Agencies] United States-based e-commerce giant Amazon.com Inc is planning to boost its investments to help more Chinese companies and brand owners go international. Amazon launched the "global se ...
- Zacks - Amazon and 3 other Buy Ranked Internet Stocks - Stocks in the News - 5 hours 23 min ago
- TechCrunch - Amazon Now Lets Prime Users Pay Money To Easily Pay More Money Easier - 6 hours 51 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Here are the new movies and TV shows coming to Amazon Prime, iTunes, Hulu, and more in August - 9 hours 12 min ago
- Wall Street Pit - Notable Upgrades: Amazon.com (AMZN), Gilead Sciences (GILD), FireEye (FEYE), Citrix Systems (CTXS), YRC Worldwide (YRCW) - 10 hours 22 min ago
US official: Debris in Indian Ocean belongs to Boeing 777
Indiatimes - 1 hour 1 min ago
If the debris turns out to be from MH370, it will be the first confirmation that the plane crashed into the Indian Ocean with 239 people on board.
- AP - US official: Debris in photo belongs to Boeing 777 - 5 hours 29 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - The Market Is Missing The Long-Term Story On Boeing - 14 hours 54 min ago
Samsung suffers 8% profit drop
BBC - 1 hour 28 min ago
Electronics giant Samsung sees its net profit drop by 8% for the second quarter of the year.
- Indiatimes - Apple, Samsung lose ground in shrinking tablet market - 7 hours 41 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Samsung Electronics posts 8% fall in Q2 net profit - 3 hours 30 min ago
Volkswagen lowers sales forecast amid slowdown
China Daily - 1 hour 29 min ago
Volkswagen Chief Executive Martin Winterkorn speaks at the annual news conference of Volkswagen in Berlin March 12, 2015.[Photo/Agencies] Volkswagen AG has lowered its global sales forecast amid a slowdown in China and challenging markets in Russia and South America. Deliveries ...
- Indiatimes - Volkswagen China sales growth may grind to halt in 2015: Sales chief - 12 hours 46 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Volkswagen AG ADR (VLKAY) Q2 2015 Results - Earnings Call Transcript - 7 hours 56 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Volkswagen lowers sales forecast as China demand drops - 18 hours 56 min ago
Capital outflow not severe concern in China: JP Morgan
China Daily - 1 hour 29 min ago
BEIJING - Capital outflow from China will not pose a major concern to the economy and is likely to slow down in the second half (H2) of the year, a JP Morgan analyst said on Wednesday. Citing a recent report that estimated $142 billion of capital withdrawals between April and June, chief economist ...
- China Daily - China economy under downward pressure: finance minister - 1 hour 59 min ago
- Indiatimes - Meltdown in China has metal stocks sinking in India - 5 hours 28 min ago
- The Big Picture - MiB: Dambisa Moyo on Why China Can’t Afford a Slowdown - 6 hours 28 min ago
- Zero Hedge - The Fate Of China's Monetary Policy Is Now In The Hands Of Pigs - 15 hours 14 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - China's Walled-Off Market May Still Bleed into the Global Economy - 20 hours 5 min ago
Malaysia Airlines says 'premature' to speculate on wreckage
Indiatimes - 1 hour 41 min ago
The two-metre long piece of wreckage, possibly from a wing part known as a flaperon, was found on a beach on the French island of La Reunion.
- Indiatimes - Rolls-Royce wins $580 million engine servicing deal with Vietnam Airlines - 14 hours 30 min ago
- BusinessInsider - The suspected Chinese hack on United Airlines makes the CIA's job 'much more difficult' - 7 hours 23 min ago
- Zacks - Zacks Industry Outlook Highlights: Southwest Airlines, JetBlue Airways, Deutsche Lufthansa Aktiengesellschaft and Copa Holdings - Press Releases - 14 hours 29 min ago
Alibaba plans to set up more data centers in overseas
China Daily - 1 hour 59 min ago
Aliyun - Alibaba's cloud-computing arm - is optimistic over the development of Hong Kong's IT industry, as the city has advantages in telecommunications infrastructure and a variety of financing methods. [Photo/IC] Alibaba Group Holding Ltd's cloud computing unit said on We ...
- China Daily - Alibaba cloud unit sets sights on Amazon in $1 billion global push - 4 hours 29 min ago
- Indiatimes - Alibaba cloud unit sets sights on Amazon.com with $1 billion investment - 19 hours 4 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Alibaba And The Programmatic Advertising Race - 6 hours 57 min ago
- TechCrunch - Alibaba Plows $1B Into Aliyun, Its Cloud Computing Unit - 19 hours 51 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Alibaba is investing $1 billion to take on Amazon's cloud computing juggernaut - 19 hours 59 min ago
Asian markets, dollar up on Fed's economic optimism
Indiatimes - 2 hours 41 min ago
Asian shares were firm on Thursday after the US Federal Reserve said it saw the economy and jobs continuing to strengthen, helping lift the dollar.
- Indiatimes - Gold inches up after Fed leaves door open to September rate hike - 8 hours 11 min ago
- BBC - Fed keeps interest rate on hold again - 9 hours 56 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - Global Markets Rise Ahead of Fed - 12 hours 45 min ago
- The Guardian - Federal Reserve hints at interest rate rise but leaves them unchanged for now - 7 hours 56 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Federal Reserve holds key rate unchanged - 9 hours 46 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Banks Squirm As Congress Moves To Cut The 6% Dividend Paid To Them By The Fed - 12 hours 7 min ago
- DailyFinance - Fed Sees Improving Economy; September Rate Hike in View - 13 hours 54 min ago
- WSJ Video - Hilsenrath: Fed on Course for September Rate Rise - 9 hours 42 min ago
Microsoft hopes Windows 10 will unlock the gates
China Daily - 3 hours 59 min ago
The Microsoft Corp releases Windows 10, its latest operating system worldwide,
- Indiatimes - Microsoft looks to recapture Chinese market with Windows 10 - 12 hours 31 min ago
- NY Post - Microsoft pairs Windows 10 with Minecraft to attract more users - 2 hours 38 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Microsoft Risks Revenue With Free Windows -- But How Much? - 2 hours 51 min ago
- TechCrunch - Microsoft Has A Brand New Middle Finger With Your Name On It - 4 hours 49 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Microsoft's new Edge browser is fast, powerful, and beats the pants off Internet Explorer (MSFT) - 5 hours 43 min ago
- Zacks - Windows 10 Marks New Era for Microsoft - Stocks in the News - 9 hours 22 min ago
- Wall Street Pit - Morning Buzz: Microsoft (MSFT), MasterCard (MA), Akamai (AKAM), Twitter, Inc. (TWTR) - 14 hours 45 min ago
- Time Business - See How Microsoft Windows Has Evolved Over 30 Years - 17 hours 59 min ago
- Reuters Video - Microsoft aims for 1 billion devices running Windows 10 - 13 hours 8 min ago
Good rains, low prices may lift gold sales in India
Indiatimes - 4 hours 38 min ago
A pickup in monsoon rains, along with a fall in gold prices, is expected to drive purchase of the yellow metal in India, the world’s biggest consumer.
- Indiatimes - Goldman Sachs reiterates outlook gold could fall to $1,050: CNBC - 8 hours 21 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - At Current Prices Of Gold And Silver, It Is Much Harder To Find Economically Viable Projects - 15 hours 54 min ago
Why do off-shore tax havens still exist?
BBC - 4 hours 42 min ago
Tax havens are much maligned by politicians, regulators and campaigners. But they’re still in business. Four experts have their say.
- Indiatimes - I-T department expedites up process to address taxpayers' grievances - 18 hours 56 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Panasonic quarterly profit soars more than 50% on tax change - 19 hours 31 min ago
Facebook Revenue Beats Forecast, but Stock Falls on Costs
New York Times - 7 hours 29 min ago
Shares were down 5 percent after hours, echoing a downbeat trend set by other social media companies this week.
- BBC - Facebook hails 'strong quarter' - 7 hours 36 min ago
- New York Times - Facebook Expands in Politics, and Campaigns Find Much to Like - 18 hours 59 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - 3 Things Marketers Should Note From Facebook's Second-Quarter Earnings Call - 7 min 48 sec ago
- Seeking Alpha - Facebook (FB) Mark Elliot Zuckerberg on Q2 2015 Results - Earnings Call Transcript - 2 hours 30 sec ago
- NY Post - Facebook’s free spending causes shares to slump - 2 hours 18 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Facebook just revealed its genius plan to make money from Messenger - 3 hours 11 min ago
- TechCrunch - Facebook’s Playbook For Monetizing Messenger And WhatsApp - 5 hours 57 min ago
- Zacks - Key Takeaways from Facebook's Q2 Earnings Report - Stocks in the News - 6 hours 2 min ago
- Wall Street Pit - Notable Earnings: Facebook (FB), SolarCity Corporation (SCTY), Whole Foods Market (WFM) - 6 hours 2 min ago
- The Guardian - Facebook's second-quarter earnings call points toward focus on video content - 6 hours 29 min ago
- Time Business - Mobile Is Facebook’s Cash Cow - 6 hours 38 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Strong Growth at Facebook Faces Valuation and Performance - 7 hours 31 min ago
- Zero Hedge - This Is The Reason Why Facebook Is Sliding After Hours, Dragging Nasdaq Futures Lower - 7 hours 40 min ago
- WSJ Video - Facebook Revenue Jumps 39% as it Lures Big Advertisers - 3 hours 58 min ago
- Reuters Video - Facebook profits fall - 5 hours 47 min ago
Wall Street ends higher after Fed leaves investors unruffled
Indiatimes - 7 hours 31 min ago
US stocks finished higher after US Fed left its key interest rate unchanged and said the economy and job market continued to strengthen.
- Indiatimes - Wall Street closes higher after Fed leaves rates unchanged - 7 hours 31 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Gabelli, Schwarzman: Meet the Highest Paid CEOs on Wall Street - 8 hours 23 min ago
- Zacks - It's All About the Fed Today - Ahead of Wall Street - 13 hours 35 min ago
- BusinessInsider - One of Wall Street's biggest private equity firms got crushed by energy investments - 14 hours 8 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Wall Street Breakfast: Investors Await Fed Policy Announcement - 17 hours 27 min ago
- NY Post - Wall Street to Twitter: Users are more important than revenue - 19 hours 52 min ago
GSK faces new corruption allegations, this time in Romania
Indiatimes - 8 hours 15 min ago
Drugmaker GlaxoSmithKline, which was fined a record 3 billion yuan or corruption in China last year faces new allegations of bribery in Romania.
- Reuters - Exclusive: GSK faces new corruption allegations, this time in Romania - 10 hours 3 min ago
- Indiatimes - Maharashtra mulls law enabling asset seizure of corrupt government officials - 17 hours 38 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Corruption Currents: Glaxo Faces New Bribery Allegations - 4 hours 4 min ago
- The Guardian - Bankers, lawyers and other professionals abetting corrupt money in UK property | Letters - 8 hours 33 min ago
- BusinessInsider - A high-profile Democratic congressman was just indicted on almost 30 corruption-related charges - 11 hours 59 min ago
Fed sees improving economy, jobs; September hike in view but not set
Indiatimes - 8 hours 53 min ago
The US economy and job market continue to strengthen, leaving the door open for a possible interest rate hike when central bank policymakers next meet in September.
- China Daily - Will robots take your job? - 18 hours 29 min ago
- Reuters Video - Job gains pushing Fed closer to rate hike - 6 hours 49 min ago
- WSJ Video - Interest Rates: Job Gains Keep September Hike on the Table - 9 hours 27 min ago
Fed Indicates It Is Close to Raising Interest Rates as Labor Market Tightens
New York Times - 9 hours 49 min ago
The central bank was upbeat, saying that while growth remained disappointing by historical standards, the economy was expanding moderately.
- Indiatimes - Bank of England's Cunliffe sees worry over mkt reaction to a rate hike - 17 hours 14 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Did Janet Yellen Just Delay Rate Hikes Further? - 9 hours 40 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Concerned About Interest Rates Rising? Consider Convertibles - 9 hours 43 min ago
- The Guardian - Bankruptcy rates at lowest level for 15 years - 13 hours 50 min ago
Yahoo plays catch-up in messaging with video texting app
Indiatimes - 10 hours 16 min ago
Yahoo is trying to make that happen with Livetext, a new app that seeks to make video calling as private as texting.
- New York Times - Bits Blog: Yahoo Offers New Mobile Chat Service Featuring Silent Video - 11 hours 13 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Yahoo Releases Silent Video Messaging App Livetext - 2 hours 31 min ago
- TechCrunch - Yahoo Shows Off Its New Livetext Messaging App - 6 hours 55 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Yahoo just launched a 'live' messaging app that combines silent video chats and texting (YHOO) - 11 hours 43 min ago
Barclays applies for new licence to meet UK ring-fence rules
Indiatimes - 10 hours 23 min ago
Barclays has applied for a new UK banking licence to comply with new rules requiring it to separate its domestic retail banking arm.
- Indiatimes - Barclays to speed up cost-cuts and asset sales - 11 hours 15 min ago
- New York Times - Barclays Pledges to Accelerate Overhaul as Profit Rises in 2nd Quarter - 19 hours 44 min ago
- The Guardian - Was the replacement of Jenkins at Barclays just window-dressing? - 9 hours 9 min ago
- Zacks - Barclays' (BCS) 1H Earnings Improve as Expenses Decline - Analyst Blog - 13 hours 4 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - 5 Takeaways From Barclays' Second Quarter - 14 hours 5 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Barclays: Risk is back - 19 hours 3 min ago
- FT Alphaville - FT Opening Quote – Barclays still in need of a boost - 20 hours 48 min ago
- Reuters Video - Barclays to speed up cost cuts - 16 hours 30 min ago
FTSE finishes higher with Hikma and GlaxoSmithKline boost
Indiatimes - 11 hours 8 min ago
GlaxoSmithKline gained 3.5% after flagging up dozens of new drugs in development as demand for new HIV medicines helped it beat quarterly profit forecasts.
- Indiatimes - FTSE extends gains, Hikma and GlaxoSmithKline support - 12 hours 43 min ago
- The Guardian - GlaxoSmithKline CEO: business stabilising despite China slowdown - 12 hours 56 min ago
Greek stock market unlikely to reopen this week due to IT glitch
Indiatimes - 11 hours 16 min ago
Greece's stock market will not reopen on Thursday and may not open on Friday either due to technical issues at local banks.
- China Daily - Chinese movie investors are stock market stars - 18 hours 29 min ago
- Zero Hedge - 1 In 5 US Stocks Now In Bear Market - 5 hours 14 min ago
- Economist's View - 'Spare Tire? Stock Markets, Banking Crises, and Economic Recoveries' - 10 hours 7 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Stock Market Genius Made Easy: Spinoffs - 11 hours 2 min ago
- Zacks - Stock Market News for July 29, 2015 - Market News - 13 hours 49 min ago
- BusinessInsider - China's stock market crash will make Beijing's biggest challenge even harder - 20 hours 7 min ago
IMF: China 'strong enough' to handle market turmoil
Indiatimes - 11 hours 49 min ago
International Monetary Fund Managing Director Christine Lagarde said Wednesday that China could weather the turmoil battering its stock exchanges.
- Indiatimes - IMF chief: China response to stock plunge won't weigh on currency review - 12 hours 49 min ago
Twitter shares tumbles amid fresh doubts on growth
Indiatimes - 11 hours 54 min ago
Twitter shares fell hard Wednesday after the latest update from the one-to-many messaging platform revived doubts about its growth prospects.
- BBC - Twitter's honesty hits shares - 12 hours 6 min ago
- New York Times - Q&A: Disabling Video Autoplay on Twitter - 12 hours 9 min ago
- Indiatimes - Being frank not enough, Twitter needs to broaden portfolio - 13 hours 55 min ago
- Reuters - Russians hackers used Twitter, photos to reach U.S. computers: report - 15 hours 56 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Train Reading: Twitter's New Bottom Line: Hurry Up - 2 hours 35 min ago
- BusinessInsider - These are the tactics that ISIS used to become Twitter's most dangerous extremist group - 6 hours 8 min ago
- Minyanville - T3's Take 3: Twitter Clobbered After Earnings on User Growth Concerns - 7 hours 44 min ago
- Wall Street Pit - Notable Downgrades: Twitter (TWTR), Yelp Inc. (YELP), VASCO Data Security (VDSI), Stratasys (SSYS), SunPower (SPWR) - 9 hours 44 min ago
- Zacks - 3 Reasons Why Twitter Stock is Crashing After Earnings - Stocks in the News - 10 hours 31 min ago
- FT Alphaville - Twitter’s active user problem - 10 hours 54 min ago
- TechCrunch - Windows 10 Gets Its Own Shiny New Twitter App - 11 hours 7 min ago
- Morningstar - Twitter's Slowing User Growth Is Cause for Alarm - 13 hours 59 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: Amazon, Citrix, Gilead, Sirius XM, 3D Systems, Twitter, Yelp and Many More - 15 hours 4 min ago
Greek debt restructuring is inevitable, says IMF chief Christine Lagarde
Indiatimes - 12 hours 11 min ago
Greece's international creditors will have no choice but to accept an easing of the terms of Athens' debts, the head of the IMF said on Wednesday.
- Indiatimes - Ukraine economic picture 'incredibly encouraging': Christine Lagarde - 12 hours 50 min ago
Tsipras Seeks to Avert Party Split as Greece’s Creditors Arrive for Talks
New York Times - 12 hours 13 min ago
As dissenters pushed for a congress of his Syriza party, the premier said that sealing an agreement on a bailout was the current priority.
- Indiatimes - Party rebels could force early election, says Greek PM Alexis Tsipras - 14 hours 48 min ago
- Reuters - Greece's Tsipras, hounded by left, vows 'thus far and no further' - 15 hours 26 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Greek Bonds Tumble As Tsipras Threatens Snap Election - 13 hours 59 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Greece's Tsipras: Party rebels could force an early election - 16 hours 17 min ago
Brazil set to hike rates as inflation risks rise on weak real
Indiatimes - 12 hours 44 min ago
Brazil's central bank was poised to maintain its aggressive pace of interest rate hikes on Wednesday after a steep cut in fiscal savings targets weakened the real currency.
- Indiatimes - CPI inflation to average 5.0-5.5 per cent in FY16: Nomura - 14 hours 55 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Brazil raises key interest rate to 14.25% to curb inflation - 1 hour 29 min ago
Hay for cheese? Barter booms in cash-squeezed rural Greece
Indiatimes - 12 hours 56 min ago
A rising number of Greeks in rural areas are swapping goods and services in cashless transactions since the government shut down banks on June 28 for three weeks.
- Indiatimes - EU's Pierre Moscovici optimistic on third Greek bailout talks - 20 hours 49 min ago
- Naked Capitalism - Mark Ames of Pando Interviews Your Humble Blogger on Greece - 4 hours 23 min ago
- The Guardian - 'Iron lady' set to play central role in next act of Greek bailout drama - 10 hours 12 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Total Collapse: Greece Reverts To Barter Economy For First Time Since Nazi Occupation - 11 hours 9 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Greece is having trouble agreeing to the bailout it agreed to (GREK) - 12 hours 58 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Scientists in Greece Design Cryptographic e-Voting Platform - 14 hours 30 min ago
- Reuters Video - Greek heat makes Europe sweat - 12 hours 52 min ago
Nokia to sell virtual reality camera
BBC - 14 hours 10 min ago
Nokia plans to sell a virtual reality camera that can capture "3D audio" later this year, targeting it at movie and TV professionals.
- Indiatimes - Nokia launches virtual reality 'Ozo' camera - 19 hours 40 min ago
Greece did not seek more funding from ECB on Wednesday: Sources
Indiatimes - 14 hours 41 min ago
Greece did not request a further increase in Emergency Liquidity Assistance (ELA) from the European Central Bank on Wednesday, in a sign Greek banks are not burning through cash as fast as previously feared, sources familiar with the situation said.
- Indiatimes - ECB keeps emergency funding for Greek banks steady: Source - 16 hours 45 min ago
- BusinessInsider - ECB leaves emergency liquidity for Greece unchanged - 10 hours 43 min ago
UK July retail sales growth slows, outlook weakens: Survey
Indiatimes - 17 hours 33 min ago
British annual retail sales growth slowed in July and is expected to weaken further next month, a survey by the Confederation of British Industry showed.
- Indiatimes - Spanish retail sales slow in June after strong rebound - 18 hours 29 min ago
Airbus China plant to deliver first A330 plane in 2018
China Daily - 20 hours 29 min ago
TIANJIN - An Airbus plant in Tianjin, north China, is expected to deliver its first A330 plane in 2018, according to its Chinese partner on Wednesday. Airbus, Tianjin Free Trade Zone Investment Co Ltd and the Aviation Industry Corp of China inked an agreement earlier this month confirming that a co ...
- Indiatimes - SpiceJet to add more wings, in talks with Boeing, Airbus for $11 billion jet deal - 20 hours 48 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Boeing, Airbus Chase Potentially Huge Order from Indian Airline - 9 hours 30 min ago