Business News - The Last 24 HoursChina's new entrepreneurs seek wealth through health
China Daily - 35 min 37 sec ago
BEIJING - China's new generation of entrepreneurs are using their business acumen to bring some basic, but essential, industries up to date. Li Feng, a former partner at IDG Capital Partners, believes the best entrepreneurs will play a bigger role in the next decade in tackling social problems. ...
- China Daily - China unveils border trade zone with DPRK - 35 min 37 sec ago
- Indiatimes - China's exports to improve in August, economy stable: NDRC - 4 hours 17 min ago
- Zero Hedge - US Futures Tumble After Latest Abysmal Chinese Economic Data, Crude Surge Stalls - 1 hour 13 min ago
- The Guardian - UK factories slash jobs as Chinese slowdown causes global ripples - 1 hour 36 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Dismal China factory numbers add to global gloom - 1 hour 42 min ago
- Zacks - Industrial Metals Reel Under Topsy-Turvy China - 14 hours 39 min ago
- Reuters Video - China's factories shrink further in August - 6 hours 30 min ago
Central bank announces rate cut to bolster real economy
China Daily - 35 min 37 sec ago
An employee counts yuan banknotes at a bank in Huaibei, Anhui province June 22, 2010.[Photo/Agencies] China's central bank cut its benchmark deposit and lending rates by 25 basis points from Wednesday in an attempt to further ease the debt burden of enterprises amid weak econom ...
- Indiatimes - South Korea Aug exports fall most in 6 yrs, raises rate cut prospect - 8 hours 39 min ago
- China Daily - US dollar plummets as rate-hike expectation dims - 10 hours 5 min ago
- The Guardian - Stocks down as investors worry over China and prospects of US rate rise - 20 hours 19 min ago
- Zacks - 4 Financial Stocks to Buy Ahead of Interest Rate Hike - 21 hours 52 min ago
- BusinessInsider - European stocks slip as investors ponder China, US rates - 22 hours 44 min ago
- Reuters Video - Interest rate hike timing rattles investors - 14 hours 49 min ago
'Catch them young': CVC's new mantra to check corruption
Indiatimes - 36 min 24 sec ago
In order to raise awareness among youngsters on harmful effects of corruption, the CVC has decided to rope in youths and college students to debate on the menace.
- Indiatimes - PM Modi cites FM radio auction to reply to critics on corruption - 19 hours 37 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Corruption Currents: U.N. Threatens South Sudan if Peace Deal Fails - 9 hours 56 min ago
Google to 'pause' Flash-based ads
BBC - 44 min 55 sec ago
Google's Chrome browser will start blocking some internet adverts that use Adobe's Flash technology, from Tuesday.
- Indiatimes - US law firm targets Google foes for private damages claims - 56 min 43 sec ago
- Reuters - Law firm targets Google foes for private damages claims - 1 hour 18 min ago
- New York Times - European Firms Team Up to Target Google in Civil Lawsuits - 7 hours 5 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Google: Fighting Diabetes Is A Multi-Billion Dollar Opportunity - 7 hours 45 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Google's Self-Driving Pods to Cruise Texas Roads - 12 hours 9 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Google's Life Sciences group is making another big move to treat diabetes (GOOG) - 14 hours 34 min ago
- TechCrunch - Google’s Self-Driving Car Tests Continue In Austin, Sans Humans (And Don’t Worry, It Can Handle Deer) - 15 hours 30 min ago
- Zacks - Google Chrome to Stop Auto-Play Flash Ads from September - 16 hours 40 min ago
- Time Business - Apple Just Took a Swipe at Google With This New Feature - 20 hours 39 min ago
Russia says oil output could decline if prices stay low
Indiatimes - 1 hour 1 min ago
Russia will not deliberately cut oil production to prop up prices, however its output may decline if prices remain low.
- China Daily - Net profits of China's four major airlines surge due to oil price slump - 8 hours 5 min ago
- Indiatimes - Oil below $53 after gaining 8% yesterday - 9 hours 30 min ago
- New York Times - Oil Futures Rise 8% in 3rd Gain in a Row - 13 hours 31 min ago
- BusinessInsider - The oil price explosion is totally detached from reality - 4 hours 27 min ago
- FT Alphaville - FirstFT – Oil prices surge, US targets hackers and how to stop procrastinating - 6 hours 47 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Train Reading: Oil Prices Surge All the Way Back to Bull-Market Territory - 9 hours 4 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Why So Much Oil Price Volatility? Blame The Speculators - 18 hours 2 min ago
Emerging economies must be vigilant over China slowdown: IMF chief Christine Lagarde
Indiatimes - 1 hour 40 min ago
Emerging markets from Indonesia to Brazil have been bruised by the slowdown in the world's second largest economy.
- Indiatimes - IMF's Lagarde sees weaker-than-expected global economic growth - 4 hours 7 min ago
US agent guilty of bitcoin theft
BBC - 1 hour 58 min ago
A former US Secret Service agent pleads guilty to stealing bitcoins during the investigation of the Silk Road website.
- Indiatimes - Silk Road black market: Ex-Secret Service agent pleads guilty to taking $800,000 in Bitcoin - 6 hours 56 min ago
- TechCrunch - Prepare Yourself For A Rollicking Bitcoin Panel At TechCrunch Disrupt - 17 hours 29 min ago
German unemployment at record lows as economy recovers
Indiatimes - 2 hours 7 min ago
German unemployment remained at historically low levels in August as the recovery in Europe's biggest economy continued on track, data showed.
- Indiatimes - German factory activity hits 16-month high: PMI - 3 hours 51 min ago
- BusinessInsider - German unemployment rate ticks up in August - 3 hours 27 min ago
Details about new Apple TV leaked ahead of launch
Indiatimes - 2 hours 7 min ago
With its new Apple TV, the company will "actively compete" with gaming consoles from the likes of Microsoft and Sony, the report says.
- Indiatimes - Next week, Apple could succeed where Microsoft has failed - 2 hours 43 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Apple is trying to turn iPhones and Apple Watches into smoke alarms (AAPL) - 1 hour 57 min ago
- Zacks - Apple Targets Living Room Domination with New Apple TV - 14 hours 12 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - How Apple Pay Fits Into The Lucrative Mobile Payments Business - 14 hours 34 min ago
- TechCrunch - KeyRaider Malware Responsible For Possibly Largest Known Apple Account Theft To Date, Affecting 225,000 Users - 17 hours 32 min ago
- Wall Street Pit - Notable Upgrades: Twitter (TWTR), Apple (AAPL), J. C. Penney (JCP), Intel (INTC), Baidu, Inc. (BIDU) - 18 hours 57 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - LG Tracks Apple With Luxury Smartwatch - 19 hours 9 min ago
- Time Business - Apple Could Double the Cost of the Next Apple TV - 22 hours 38 min ago
Why India must lead the G-21 on blue economy
Indiatimes - 2 hours 18 min ago
India should step up its multilateral engagement to make the region an engine for socio-economic development and sound environmental management.
- Indiatimes - Chinese slowdown opportunity for India: Subramanian - 19 hours 13 min ago
- BBC - India's economic growth slows to 7% - 23 hours 43 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - India's Economy Outshines Neighbors With Latest GDP Figures - 3 hours 31 min ago
Amazon-MS cloud deal that can't be making IBM too happy
Indiatimes - 2 hours 24 min ago
IBM is battling big time for its share of the huge-and-growing cloud computing market and is currently placed third, according to Synergy Research.
- Indiatimes - IBM bets on ‘Watson’ for growth in India - 13 hours 33 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - The Value Of IBM Strategic Imperatives - 12 hours 52 min ago
China's non-manufacturing PMI drops in August
China Daily - 2 hours 35 min ago
BEIJING -- Business activity in China's non-manufacturing sector expanded in August with slightly slowed pace from June and July, official data showed on Tuesday. The purchasing managers' index (PMI) for the non-manufacturing sector fell to 53.4 in August, down from 53.9 for July, according to a re ...
- BBC - UK manufacturing growth slows in August - 2 hours 57 min ago
- New York Times - Asian and European Shares Fall on Bleak Chinese Manufacturing Data - 3 hours 25 min ago
- Indiatimes - China manufacturing contracts as Asia's woes deepen - 4 hours 27 min ago
- China Daily - China manufacturing PMI falls to 49.7 in August - 9 hours 35 min ago
- BusinessInsider - European manufacturing is shaping up worse than expected - 4 hours 19 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Texas-Sized Disappointment In Dallas Fed Manufacturing Activity - 8 hours 59 sec ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Dallas Fed Manufacturing Data Nearing Panic Mode - 18 hours 40 min ago
- CNN Video - Detroit 2.0? Motown's new manufacturing - 23 hours 16 min ago
China's central bank pumps in billions to ease liquidity strain
China Daily - 2 hours 35 min ago
BEIJING - The central bank on Tuesday pumped the most funds into the financial system in open market operations since January 2014 amid efforts to ease a liquidity strain. The People's Bank of China (PBOC) conducted 150 billion yuan ($23.4 billion) of seven-day reverse repurchase agreements (repo), ...
- Indiatimes - China central bank to set up $10 billion Latin America investment fund - 3 hours 44 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Are Central Banks Beginning To Lose Control? - 22 hours 8 min ago
Eurozone unemployment drops to 10.9 per cent
Indiatimes - 2 hours 43 min ago
There remained a disparity between countries, with Germany's 4.7 per cent rate comparing with Spain's 22.2 per cent and Greece's 25 per cent.
- Seeking Alpha - CAD Weekly Wave: Unemployment Is Not The Theme Of The Week - 36 min 37 sec ago
- BusinessInsider - Eurozone unemployment in July drops below 11% - 2 hours 43 min ago
Axel Springer, Samsung to partner in mobile media including news
Indiatimes - 3 hours 20 min ago
Bild tabloid publisher Axel Springer and Korean electronics group Samsung announced a partnership in mobile media including news.
- China Daily - Samsung launches slimmest and lightest tablet in China - 12 hours 35 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Samsung unveils new smartwatch to challenge Apple Watch - 3 hours 14 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Samsung's Gear S2 Watch Has a Round Face, Cellular Connection - 10 hours 5 min ago
- TechCrunch - Samsung Announces The Samsung Gear S2, Now More Round - 15 hours 5 min ago
The looks of despair in Chinese stock market
China Daily - 3 hours 35 min ago
An investor stands in front of a screen displaying stock indices and prices of shares, as stock index plunged 8.46 percent, at a stock brokerage house in Yichan city, China's Hubei province, Aug 24, 2015. [Photo/CFP] With small investors dominating the stock market in China, it's th ...
- Indiatimes - China urged to free reporter detained for stock market story - 3 hours 37 min ago
- China Daily - Pension fund to ballast stock market - 10 hours 5 min ago
- Reuters - China state media announce confessions in stock market investigations - 16 hours 39 min ago
- BusinessInsider - BARCLAYS: Nobody thinks stocks will go up but they will - 4 hours 12 min ago
- The Guardian - Stock markets hit by weak Chinese factory data - business live - 5 hours 12 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Is This Man Responsible For China's Stock Market Crash? - 11 hours 59 sec ago
- WSJ Blogs - Three Unpleasant Questions for the Stock Market - 16 hours 11 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - The China Conundrum: Why The Stock Market Miracle Is Not Over? - 18 hours 6 min ago
- Zacks - Stock Market News for August 31, 2015 - 21 hours 56 min ago
Spain is best example that Europe is doing things right: Wolfgang Schaeuble
Indiatimes - 4 hours 16 min ago
German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble said on Tuesday that Spain's economic development showed that the euro zone was tackling its crisis well.
- Indiatimes - Likelihood of euro zone breakup at 9-mth low in Aug: Germany's Sentix - 5 hours 38 min ago
- New York Times - Business Briefing: Eurozone Inflation Is Stable but Does Not Reach Target - 13 hours 45 min ago
Alibaba falls below IPO price as global markets plunge
China Daily - 6 hours 5 min ago
Alibaba Group Holding Ltd shares fell below their initial public offering price for the first time on Monday. [Photo/IC] Alibaba Group Holding Ltd shares fell below their initial public offering (IPO) price for the first time, as China's stock plunge spooked the global markets. ...
- China Daily - Alibaba to offer valet services - 11 hours 35 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Alibaba Teams Up With China's Answer to Pixar - 3 hours 54 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Tencent, Alibaba Heat Up Take-Out Dining With New Investments - 18 hours 38 min ago
Australia central bank keeps rates steady, GDP data awaited
Indiatimes - 6 hours 32 min ago
The RBA appeared comfortable with the level of the Australian dollar, reiterating that it is "adjusting to significant declines in key commodity prices."
- Indiatimes - Here's why a tad lower Q1 GDP is not bad | Some blame goes to RBI - 19 hours 57 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Second-Quarter GDP Revised Up To +3.7% - 1 hour 13 min ago
- The Economist - When a 26% plunge in GDP feels fine - 1 hour 14 min ago
- The Big Picture - Forecasting GDP in the presence of breaks: when is the past a good guide to the future? - 3 hours 5 min ago
Yuan decision just part of the reform process
China Daily - 8 hours 5 min ago
Rate change will help meet the IMF's criteria for including currency in the SDR basket The depreciation of the Chinese yuan by around 3 percent against the United States dollar has underscored the pressure on the country's economy. It has also highlighted the commitment by authorities to market-or ...
Solar firms search for light at the end of tunnel
China Daily - 11 hours 5 min ago
Companies opt to relocate plants to Southeast Asia to cut labor costs, reports Lyu Chang. The label of "made in China", which was synonymous with the global solar industry, is in danger of fading out as a growing number of firms move their plants overseas to skirt spiralling import duties. Hit har ...
- Indiatimes - Cost of solar energy seen falling sharply by 2020: IEA - 20 hours 31 min ago
Wall Street reduces losses after Apple rebounds
China Daily - 12 hours 35 min ago
A trader works on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange August 24, 2015. Wall Street opened sharply lower on Monday with the Dow Jones industrial average losing more than a 1,000 points following a more-than 8 percent drop in Chinese shares and a selloff in oil and other commoditie ...
- Indiatimes - Wall Street's worst month in 3 years ends on a sour note - 15 hours 8 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Wall Street Breakfast: China Worries Send Stocks Tumbling - 1 hour 24 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Here are Wall Street's winners and losers from the market carnage - 20 hours 31 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Bernie Sanders Blasts "The Business Model Of Wall Street Is Fraud" - 22 hours 45 min ago
Here is why Dr Devi Shetty taking Narayana Health for IPO soon
Indiatimes - 13 hours 33 min ago
The multispecialty hospital chain, valued at an estimated Rs 5,000 crore hopes to raise Rs 1,200-1,500 crore from the market.
- Indiatimes - Sadbhav Infrastructure IPO subscribed 12 per cent on Day 1 - 21 hours 54 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Bicapital Prepares For IPO - 15 hours 52 min ago
Amazon vs Flipkart lands blogger in legal tangle
Indiatimes - 13 hours 35 min ago
Flipkart has threatened to sue a Hyderabad-based blogger, alleging that he has infringed on the company’s trademark and logo by using it to register a domain name.
- Time Business - Apple May Be Taking On Netflix and Amazon - 12 min 2 sec ago
- BusinessInsider - A new study may pinpoint the biggest problem with Amazon's work culture - 16 hours 52 min ago
- Zacks - Amazon to Start Streaming in Japan: A Concern for Netflix? - 18 hours 25 min ago
- TechCrunch - Sling’s Streaming TV Service For Cord Cutters Now Runs On Amazon Tablets - 19 hours 18 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Why Amazon Prime Is A Juggernaut - 21 hours 6 min ago
Business Briefing: Toshiba Delays Report on Finances Once Again
New York Times - 13 hours 43 min ago
Toshiba again delayed announcing its annual financial results as new accounting errors kept it from drawing a line under Japan’s worst corporate scandal in four years.
- Indiatimes - Toshiba CEO says newfound accounting errors not huge - 23 hours 37 min ago
Business Briefing: Apple and Cisco Team Up on iPhone and iPad Sales
New York Times - 13 hours 47 min ago
Apple is looking to Cisco Systems’ expertise in Internet networking gear in its latest effort to sell more iPhones and iPads to corporate customers.
- Reuters - Apple partners with Cisco to boost enterprise business - 15 hours 55 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Tim Cook just made a funny joke about marriage in front of 20,000 Cisco employees - 16 hours 11 min ago
- TechCrunch - Apple And Cisco Ink Nebulous Enterprise Partnership - 17 hours 30 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - What To Make of a Cisco and Apple Business Partnership - 17 hours 45 min ago
- Zacks - Cisco Closes $635M Cloud Security Firm OpenDNS Buyout - 18 hours 20 min ago
Fiat Chrysler offers $100 debit cards to owners of recalled US vehicles
Indiatimes - 15 hours 41 min ago
The U.S. arm of the automaker is also offering $1,000 in special discounts or incentives to the owners of recalled vehicles, if they choose to trade them in and buy a new car or truck.
- Indiatimes - Fiat Chrysler recalling 206,668 Jeep Cherokee SUVs for wiper defect - 17 hours 8 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Will GM And Fiat Chrysler Tie The Knot? - 16 hours 30 min ago
Oil Up 8 Percent on Lower U.S. Output, OPEC Talk; Biggest Surge Since 1990
New York Times - 16 hours 11 min ago
Oil futures soared on Monday for a third consecutive day, rising more than 8 percent, as a downward revision of U.S. crude production data and OPEC's readiness to talk with other producers helped extend the biggest price surge in 25 years.
- Indiatimes - OPEC concerned by drop in oil prices, ready to talk to other producers - 20 hours 2 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Did OPEC Offer An Olive Branch? - 48 min 19 sec ago
- Minyanville - T3's Take 3: Oil Prices Skyrocket on OPEC Chatter - 15 hours 50 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Oil prices leap 8% on lower US output, OPEC signal - 15 hours 52 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Crude Oil Jumps on OPEC Bulletin - 18 hours 45 sec ago
- Zero Hedge - The Oil Volatility Farce Continues: Oil Now Surging As OPEC Hints At "Fair Price" Talks - 20 hours 33 min ago
Why investors are fleeing the once-popular emerging markets
Indiatimes - 17 hours 14 min ago
Why investors are fleeing the once-popular emerging marketsThe zigzagging fortunes of emerging markets reveal the pitfalls of chasing the hot new thing, and how the best time to buy may be precisely when everyone else is selling.
- Seeking Alpha - Is There Any Hope For Emerging Markets? - 10 hours 31 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Investors are fleeing once-popular emerging markets - 18 hours 16 min ago