Business News - The Last 24 HoursFrench unemployment hits new record high
France24 - 2 hours 17 min ago
After a slight improvement in August, the number of jobless in France once again increased in September, reaching a new record high of 3.43 million unemployed, government figures revealed Friday.
- Indiatimes - China says unemployment rate steady at 4.07% at end-September - 16 hours 28 min ago
- Zero Hedge - French Unemployed Hits Record High, Hollande Demands EU Budget "Must Be Adapted" - 5 hours 2 min ago
Apple iTunes Sees Drop in Music Sales
Wall Street Journal - 3 hours 36 min ago
Digital music sales at Apple iTunes store have fallen 13% to 14% world-wide since the start of the year, according to people familiar with the matter, underscoring the fragility of the music industry’s nascent recovery.
- China Daily - Apple Inc starts delivering iPhone6 in China's mainland - 12 hours 15 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Apple Made A Move That Could Shake Up The Wireless Industry, But AT&T Is Making That A Little More Difficult (AAPL) - 1 hour 40 min ago
- TechCrunch - AT&T Breaks The Apple SIM’s Best Feature, Locks It Down If You Pick AT&T - 2 hours 29 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - VirnetX Vs. Apple At The CAFC: Why VirnetX Seeks En Banc Review, Why Apple Does Not - 7 hours 37 sec ago
- Time Business - Nike CEO Hints At Apple Collaboration - 21 hours 36 min ago
Wall St boosted by earnings; on track for best week of year
Indiatimes - 3 hours 36 min ago
US stocks advanced, as earnings from Microsoft & P&G coupled with easing concerns over the possible spread of Ebola in the United States.
- New York Times - Wall Street Opens Higher, Buoyed by Company Reports - 6 hours 57 min ago
- Indiatimes - Wall Street opens flat as Microsoft offsets Amazon - 7 hours 23 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Inside The Tug Of War Between Wall Street Banks And An Emerging Force Of Unknown Firms - 1 hour 47 min ago
- Zacks - In the Thick of Earnings Season - Ahead of Wall Street - 6 hours 59 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Wall Street Breakfast: Amazon Punished After Massive Loss - 10 hours 44 min ago
- CNN Video - Amazon torn apart by Wall Street piranhas - 7 hours 33 min ago
Dolce & Gabbana cleared in tax case
BBC - 4 hours 8 min ago
Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana, founders of the Dolce & Gabbana fashion house, are cleared by an Italian court of tax evasion.
- Wall Street Journal - Italian Court Clears Dolce And Gabbana Of Tax Charges - 4 hours 27 min ago
- New York Times - DealBook: Chiquita Shareholders Reject Tax-Inversion Deal, Clearing Way for Rival Bid - 6 hours 56 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Income Tax Issues Facing Dividend Growth Investors: Part 3 - 21 hours 24 min ago
Microsoft drops Nokia name from Lumia smartphones
Indiatimes - 4 hours 34 min ago
Microsoft drops Nokia name from Lumia smartphonesThe move comes within 6 month of Microsoft acquiring Finnish telecom company Nokia's mobile device business for about $7.5 billion.
- Indiatimes - 'Cloud' lifts Microsoft earnings above expectations - 7 hours 27 min ago
- Sydney Morning Herald - Microsoft revenue tops estimates as revamp plan rolls ahead - 19 hours 30 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Microsoft Co-Founder Paul Allen Pledges $100 Million to Fight Ebola - 1 hour 9 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Microsoft Would Be Better Off Without Nokia - 1 hour 33 min ago
- Morningstar - Solid Quarter for Microsoft, But Shares Fairly Valued - 7 hours 35 min ago
- Wall Street Pit - Morning Buzz: Amazon.com (AMZN), DryShips (DRYS), iBio, Inc. (IBIO), Microsoft (MSFT), Vitae Pharmaceuticals (VTAE) - 8 hours 16 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: Alibaba, Amazon, GoPro, KLA-Tencor, Microsoft, Nokia, NCR and More - 8 hours 19 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Microsoft Has Officially Cut Nokia's Brand From Its Most Popular Smartphone Line (MSFT) - 8 hours 52 min ago
- Zacks - Microsoft Corp (MSFT): New Analyst Report from Zacks Equity Research - Zacks Equity Research Report - 9 hours 15 min ago
- DailyFinance - Microsoft Quarterly Earnings: By the Numbers - 9 hours 33 min ago
- WSJ Video - Microsoft Bucks Trend as Sales Defy Expectations - 20 hours 40 min ago
French jobless total hits new record high in September
Indiatimes - 4 hours 52 min ago
The Labour Ministry said the jobless total in mainland France rose by 19,200 to 3,432,500, a 0.6 per cent increase over one month and 4.3 percent over one year.
Wall Street climbs on Procter & Gamble, Microsoft
Indiatimes - 5 hours 35 min ago
US stocks advanced, buoyed by gains in Microsoft and Procter & Gamble after their quarterly results.
- New York Times - Procter & Gamble to Spin Off Duracell Unit - 6 hours 21 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Procter & Gamble (PG) Q1 2015 Results - Earnings Call Transcript - 2 hours 50 min ago
ECB's Draghi urges joint euro zone effort to avert recession
Indiatimes - 5 hours 40 min ago
He urged all euro zone governments to present a national timetable for structural economic reforms by the next EU summit on Dec. 18-19.
- Zacks - Germany Intensifies Eurozone's Recession Woes: 3 Funds to Sell - Mutual Fund Commentary - 5 hours 27 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Dividend-Growth Stocks To Weather A Recession - 20 hours 36 min ago
- CNN Video - Recession explained in silhouette - 8 hours 51 min ago
25 Eurozone Banks to Fail Stress Tests
Wall Street Journal - 6 hours 30 sec ago
About 25 eurozone banks failed the European Central Bank’s financial-health checks, although more than half have taken the necessary steps to shore up their balance sheets this year, according to a person familiar with the matter.
- New York Times - Off the Charts: Eurozone Falters Amid Deflation as a Mildly Inflationary U.S. Grows - 8 hours 20 min ago
- Mike Shedlock - European Service Prices Plunge at Steepest Rate Since January 2010; Reflections on Keynesian Stupidity - 20 hours 23 min ago
- WSJ Video - Europe’s Week Ahead: Stress Tests, Inflation - 10 hours 54 min ago
Pain Begins to Spread as China's Home Prices Fall for Fifth Straight Month
BusinessWeek - 6 hours 18 min ago
Cities relax or abandon purchasing restrictions in a bid to avoid more serious downturn
- China Daily - Home prices continue to moderate in more Chinese cities - 18 hours 15 min ago
- Reuters Video - China's economic foundation shaken by drop in home prices - 14 hours 50 min ago
Amazon shares slide on disappointing earnings, outlook
Indiatimes - 6 hours 47 min ago
Amazon said Thursday its loss in the last quarter widened to $437 million after a series of product launches including new phones, tablets and television programs.
- Wall Street Journal - Amazon Stumbles on Spending - 10 hours 26 min ago
- AP - Amazon's loss makes holidays a question mark - 15 hours 45 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Amazon Blows Earnings Again: Time To Sell? - 4 hours 30 min ago
- TechCrunch - Amazon Quietly Launches A Functional App Store Within Its Main Android Application - 5 hours 36 sec ago
- Morningstar - Amazon's Wide Moat Intact, but Capital-Allocation Questions Intensify - 6 hours 1 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Amazon's Fifth Employee Tells The Story Of How Jeff Bezos Recruited Him To Do The Toughest Job At Amazon In Its Early Days (AMZN) - 6 hours 52 min ago
- DailyFinance - Amazon Quarterly Earnings: By the Numbers - 8 hours 7 min ago
- NY Post - Fed-up Street flogs Amazon after flop - 14 hours 7 min ago
- Naked Capitalism - Wolf Richter: Leading Indicator Amazon Gets Re-Crushed - 15 hours 5 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Amazon Takes $170 Million Charge on Fire Phone - 17 hours 47 min ago
- The Guardian - Amazon sales forecast for holiday quarter misses estimates - 21 hours 26 min ago
- Zacks - Amazon (AMZN) Misses on Earnings; Stock Falls 10% After-Hours - Stocks in the News - 21 hours 55 min ago
- Reuters Video - Breakingviews: Amazon not so amazin' - 5 hours 17 min ago
- WSJ Video - Can Amazon Charm Investors Despite Q3 Losses? - 5 hours 55 min ago
Profit falters at Sweden's Ericsson despite sales increase
Indiatimes - 7 hours 4 min ago
Operations in the Middle East, China, India and Russia have contributed positively to the results of the group but they were offset by lower sales in North America.
- Indiatimes - Ericsson sales beat forecasts as networks unit growth picks up - 14 hours 15 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - LM Ericsson Telephone Company's (ERIC) CEO Hans Vestberg on Q3 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript - 1 hour 39 min ago
U.S. Stocks Open Higher
Wall Street Journal - 7 hours 20 min ago
U.S. stocks edged higher Friday, shaking off weak results from Amazon.com and stock-market declines in Europe.
- Zero Hedge - Does Anyone Else Think The Stock Market Is Living On Reds, Vitamin C And Cocaine? - 4 hours 16 min ago
Stagnating euro zone seeks German shift
Reuters - 8 hours 54 min ago
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - France and Italy sought on Friday to bridge stark differences with Germany over how to avert economic stagnation and deflation, but Chancellor Angela Merkel warned her peers against repeating the euro zone's debt crisis.
- Wall Street Journal - German Consumer Confidence Set to Rebound in November - 11 hours 12 min ago
- BusinessInsider - German consumer confidence stops falling: survey - 6 hours 44 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Can Germany Revive Its Economic Miracle? Some Economists Are Increasingly Skeptical - 7 hours 14 min ago
Economic View: China Will Keep Growing. Just Ask the Soviets.
New York Times - 10 hours 15 min ago
Can China continue its torrid pace of economic growth for decades to come? The long arc of history suggests not, according to a new working paper.
- China Daily - China, South Korea vow to advance free trade talks - 12 hours 15 min ago
- Indiatimes - China's economic growth seen slowing well into next year - 14 hours 3 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Neither the US Nor China Will be an Engine For Global Growth Next Year - 4 hours 41 min ago
Tokyo investors eyeing Fed meet, Japan data next week
Indiatimes - 11 hours 20 min ago
The Federal Reserve starts a two-day policy meeting on Tuesday, followed by a closely-watched news conference by Fed Chair Janet Yellen.
- Reuters - Specter of no-inflation world looms over Fed's return to normal - 16 hours 8 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Van Hoisington And The Fed's Bubble: "Overtrading" And "Discredit" Always End In "Revulsion" - 19 hours 35 min ago
Pfizer's $11 billion buyback plan deflates AstraZeneca bid hopes
Reuters - 13 hours 4 min ago
LONDON/NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. drugmaker Pfizer is to continue buying back stock, with the board authorizing a new $11 billion share repurchase plan, deflating expectations that it will make a new bid for AstraZeneca.
- Seeking Alpha - Pfizer Yielding 8.7%? It Could Happen More Easily Than You Think - 7 hours 58 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Pfizer Stock Buyback Plan Just Too Large to Ignore — It Is on Viagra - 9 hours 10 min ago
'Permanent solution on food security in WTO rules is must'
Indiatimes - 13 hours 44 min ago
"The issue of food security is central to the pursuit of poverty eradication and must be treated with the same urgency as other issues."
BASF Q3 operating profit up on strong US petrochemicals unit
Indiatimes - 14 hours 44 min ago
Third-quarter earnings before interest and tax (EBIT), adjusted for one-off items, rose to 1.84 billion euros ($2.33 billion), ahead of the 1.74 billion euro average estimate in a poll of analysts.
- Wall Street Journal - BASF Lowers 2015 Forecast - 15 hours 17 min ago
- Reuters Video - BASF warns of headwinds ahead - 6 hours 26 min ago
Protesters in Hong Kong to vote on government proposals
Indiatimes - 15 hours 1 min ago
Student leaders announced a plan for an electronic poll of protesters on reform proposals tabled by senior city government officials.
- Sydney Morning Herald - Saxman Kenny G blows hot and cold on Hong Kong - 17 hours 4 min ago
- Reuters - Hong Kong protesters set for the long haul at self-sustaining village - 17 hours 8 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Hong Kong's Protesters Not Going Home, Says Former Government Official - 6 hours 16 sec ago
Google doodle celebrates Mangalyaan's one month in Mars orbit
Indiatimes - 16 hours 54 sec ago
Given that Google normally comes up with doodles to mark anniversaries, that is, annual events, this gesture of the search giant is rare. The doodle will be visible only in India.
- Indiatimes - Google commits to $1 billion in long-term office leases - 16 hours 20 min ago
- Sydney Morning Herald - Physical keys give Google services added security - 17 hours 8 min ago
- TechCrunch - Google Rolls Out An Invite System For Its New Email App, Inbox By Gmail - 1 hour 45 min ago
- BusinessInsider - A Google Exec Just Beat The World Record For Highest-Altitude Jump From The Stratosphere - 2 hours 51 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Raven Industries Ready For Lift Up With Google's Project Loon And Other Initiatives - 7 hours 17 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Remote Bhutan Gets Google Street View Panoramas - 10 hours 44 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Google Vs The Entire Newspaper Industry: And The Winner Is... - 21 hours 18 min ago
Buffett's Berkshire portfolio goes awry; loses $5 bn since June 30
Indiatimes - 16 hours 23 min ago
Buffett's Berkshire portfolio goes awry; loses $5 bn since June 30Berkshire has been stung by large holdings in IBM & long-time Buffett favorite Coca-Cola, both of which tumbled after lame Q3 results.
- Wall Street Journal - Buffett Puts Wind in Berkshire's Sails - 21 hours 47 min ago
Will keep doing business with Takata, says Honda exec
Indiatimes - 16 hours 24 min ago
He also said various decisions would be made after gauging the results of the regional vehicle recalls in the United States.
- Reuters Video - Asia Week Ahead: Honda air bag crisis to deflate earnings? - 15 hours 15 min ago
Shell launches new payment facility
China Daily - 17 hours 15 min ago
Perez Olgiati Sebastian, vice-chairman of Beijing Shell Petroleum Company Board (left) unveils the joint payment service with Liu Fengjun, senior vice-president of China UnionPay in Beijing, on Oct 16. [Photo provided to China Daily] Royal Dutch Shell Plc has teamed up with payment solutions ...
Facebook launches anonymous message board app Rooms
Sydney Morning Herald - 17 hours 20 min ago
Facebook is taking the wraps off a new app for iOS called Rooms that brings people together around their interests.
- Indiatimes - Facebook goes retro with 'Rooms' chat app - 19 hours 32 min ago
- Sydney Morning Herald - Niche networks Ello, Let gain dollars and fans as Facebook looks stale - 20 hours 52 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Facebook: Counting Chickens Before They Hatch - 1 hour 41 min ago
- TechCrunch - The Groups App I Wish Facebook Would Build - 2 hours 33 min ago
China Housing Prices Fall
Wall Street Journal - 18 hours 16 min ago
The average price of new homes in 70 Chinese cities fell year over year in September for the first time in nearly two years, as property developers continue to cut prices to lure home buyers.
- Morningstar - Stocks Higher After Earnings, Housing Data - 4 hours 15 min ago
- Zero Hedge - The Housing Recovery Has Been Canceled Due To Data Revisions - 6 hours 45 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - The $650 Billion Global Housing Gap - 10 hours 37 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Spain’s Social Housing Imploded, And There's No Clear Way Back - 10 hours 52 min ago
- WSJ Video - Traders Eyeing Key Housing Data - 7 hours 33 min ago