Business News - The Last 24 HoursNissan profit beats estimates on gains in China, US demand
Sydney Morning Herald - 5 min 43 sec ago
Nissan, Japan's second-biggest car maker, reported profit that beat analysts' estimate as deliveries rose in China and the US, its two biggest markets.
- Sydney Morning Herald - No diesel for Nissan Patrol - 10 min 48 sec ago
- BusinessWeek - Nissan Cuts Incentives, Sells More Cars - 10 hours 25 min ago
- Indiatimes - Nissan Q1 profit boosted by higher US, China sales - 17 hours 27 min ago
- New York Times - Nissan First-Quarter Profit Rises, Exceeds Consensus as U.S. Sales Improve - 18 hours 36 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - China and U.S. Boost Nissan - 15 hours 51 min ago
- DailyFinance - Improved U.S. Sales Give Nissan Q1 Profit a Boost - 20 hours 34 min ago
ACCC ready to enforce carbon tax savings
Sydney Morning Herald - 11 min 15 sec ago
ACCC chairman Rod Sims believes he has the appropriate enforcement powers should businesses fail to pass on savings from the repeal of the carbon tax.
- BBC - 'Cut council tax for volunteers' - 2 hours 6 min ago
- Sydney Morning Herald - Call to scrap tax breaks for the rich - 3 hours 44 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - U.K. Is a Draw for Tax Deals - 12 hours 24 min ago
- BusinessWeek - Obama Wants Tax-Avoiding Companies to Pay Up, Starting Yesterday - 16 hours 37 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - The Long-Term Answer to Inversions? Tax Reform. - 51 min 32 sec ago
- Seeking Alpha - The $1 Trillion Tax On Cash - 19 hours 34 min ago
Microsoft in China target of potential probe
Sydney Morning Herald - 32 min 42 sec ago
Chinese regulators met with managers at Microsoft Corp's offices in four cities, including Beijing and Shanghai, in preparation for a potential probe into whether the company engaged in monopolistic practices, Sina.com said.
- BBC - China regulators in Microsoft visit - 1 hour 36 min ago
- Indiatimes - Microsoft targeted in apparent Chinese antitrust probe - 6 hours 17 min ago
- New York Times - Microsoft Offices in China Are Targets of Authorities’ Visits - 12 hours 16 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - Chinese Officials Visit Microsoft's China Offices - 13 hours 57 min ago
- China Daily - JD.com to sell Microsoft's Xbox One in China - 20 hours 34 min ago
- Zero Hedge - China Raids Multiple Microsoft Offices, Media Demands "Severe Punishment" - 52 min 20 sec ago
- Time Business - Unexpected Microsoft Probe Highlights China’s Distrust of U.S. Tech - 2 hours 59 min ago
- BusinessInsider - China Investigates Four Microsoft Offices For Alleged 'Antitrust' Activity (MSFT) - 8 hours 38 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - JD.com, Tencent Offer Early Preorders of Microsoft's Xbox in China - 10 hours 32 min ago
- Wall Street Pit - Price of Microsoft’s (MSFT) Chinese Xbox One Leaked Via Promo Material - 17 hours 27 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Will Windows 9 Be Able To Save Microsoft? - 18 hours 34 min ago
New home sales lift in June quarter
Sydney Morning Herald - 46 min 29 sec ago
The housing market continues to strengthen, albeit at a more moderate pace, helped by a surge in multi-unit dwellings.
- Wall Street Journal - U.S. Pending Home Sales Slip - 12 hours 15 min ago
- New York Times - U.S. Pending Home Sales Unexpectedly Fell in June - 12 hours 24 min ago
- Reuters - U.S. pending home sales unexpectedly fall in June - 12 hours 26 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - June Pending Home Sales Index: A Bearish Report Sends Homebuilder Stocks Lower - 4 hours 34 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Pending Home Sales Post First Drop in 4 Months - 12 hours 3 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Pending Home Sales Tumble From Recovery Highs, Biggest Miss In 2014 - 12 hours 27 min ago
- BusinessInsider - PENDING HOME SALES UNEXPECTEDLY DROP - 12 hours 34 min ago
- DailyFinance - Pending Home Sales Drop Unexpectedly in June - 16 hours 5 min ago
With PlayStation, Sony goes back to the future in search of revival
Sydney Morning Herald - 1 hour 9 min ago
Japan's Sony is hammering out plans to rise from the ashes of nearly $US10 billion lost in six years by building a future around its last consumer electronics blockbuster - the PlayStation.
- Indiatimes - Sony goes back to the future in search of revival - 3 hours 16 min ago
Inequality dogs China - and US - economies
Sydney Morning Herald - 1 hour 43 min ago
As China’s economy first opened up to market-based reform, Deng Xiaoping famously suggested that some naturally, particularly through hard work, “should be allowed to get rich before others”.
- China Daily - China releases geoinformation industry plan - 16 hours 34 min ago
West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site
Reuters - 2 hours 8 min ago
KIEV/DONETSK Ukraine (Reuters) - U.S. and European leaders agreed on Monday to impose wider sanctions on Russia's financial, defense and energy sectors as Ukraine said its forces advanced toward the crash site of Malaysian flight MH17.
- New York Times - U.S. and Europe Agree to Escalate Sanctions on Russia - 5 hours 24 min ago
- Indiatimes - Yukos owners win $50 bn in 10-yr fight with Russia - 6 hours 46 min ago
- BusinessInsider - WHITE HOUSE TO RUSSIA: Prepare For The Worst Sanctions Yet - 8 hours 35 min ago
- Reuters Video - $50bn Yukos case latest Russia cost - 10 hours 33 min ago
Consumer Reports wants Toyota to recall older Camry
Indiatimes - 2 hours 22 min ago
An influential consumer magazine called on Toyota to recall about 177,500 older Camry hybrid sedans to address potential power brake defects.
Three killed in Facebook blasphemy rampage in Pakistan
Sydney Morning Herald - 2 hours 26 min ago
A woman and two of her young granddaughters were burned to death Sunday night in the eastern city of Gujranwala after a member of their Ahmadi minority sect was accused of posting a blasphemous picture to Facebook, the police said.
- Sydney Morning Herald - Facebook's Bolt faces challenges over its name before it's even launched - 3 hours 27 min ago
- Indiatimes - 100 mn users but 0.1% revenue, Facebook faces tough time in India - 3 hours 56 min ago
- BBC - Murder police seek Facebook woman - 6 hours 4 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Facebook Is About To Force You To Use A Separate App To Send Messages - 2 hours 3 min ago
- TechCrunch - Facebook Is Now Forcing Everyone Download Messenger If They Want To Chat On Mobile - 5 hours 8 min ago
- Time Business - Facebook Isn’t the Only Website Running Experiments on Human Beings - 7 hours 29 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Meet the New Big Blue: Facebook - 8 hours 21 min ago
- Zacks - Technology Stock Roundup: Facebook/Yahoo Soar, Others Also Up - Analyst Blog - 8 hours 42 min ago
Meet Some of the SEC's Whistleblowers
Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 48 min ago
More than 6,500 people have now offered confidential information under the whistleblower program of the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Zero Hedge - Most Transparent Insider Trading Congress Ever Tells SEC To Shove it - 5 hours 39 min ago
- The Guardian - Smith & Wesson to pay $2m in SEC settlement over overseas bribery claims - 6 hours 37 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Glaxo is Probed by the FBI and the SEC Over China Bribery Scandal - 7 hours 9 min ago
- The Big Picture - My Interview with SEC Chair Arthur Levitt on Soundcloud - 14 hours 34 min ago
Wall St finishes flat; deal news offsets housing data
Indiatimes - 5 hours 24 min ago
Investors' optimism, however, was limited by the day's economic data, among the latest to suggest that the economy's momentum was slowing.
- Sydney Morning Herald - Red Hill happy to see public housing go but worried about high-rise apartments - 12 hours 34 min ago
- Morningstar - Stocks End Little Changed After Housing Data, M&A - 5 hours 4 min ago
- Minyanville - Stock Action: Housing Stocks and Small Caps Lag - 6 hours 24 min ago
- Zacks - D.R. Horton's Earnings Miss Leads to Housing ETF Plunge - ETF News And Commentary - 12 hours 33 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Another Up And Down Week For Housing Ends On A Particularly Damaging Note - 21 hours 34 min ago
- Reuters Video - Housing data offset by merger mania - 4 hours 3 min ago
DealBook: Whether ‘Sophisticated’ Clients of Wall Street Can Also Get Duped
New York Times - 6 hours 27 min ago
Wall Street firms accused of fraud often use the “sophisticated client” defense, arguing that their customers would not have been misled by slick marketing, Peter J. Henning writes in the White Collar Watch column.
- Indiatimes - Wall Street struggles to comply with new sanctions on Russia - 8 hours 10 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Here's Wall Street's Three-Word Summary Of Everything - 6 hours 50 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Here's What Wall Street Bulls Were Saying In December 2007 - 7 hours 15 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - U.S Morning Links: Wall Street Strategists Caught Flat-Footed - 8 hours 4 min ago
- Zacks - Dollar Tree Deal, Q2 Earnings on Deck - Ahead of Wall Street - 12 hours 48 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Wall Street Breakfast: Tax Inversions, Solar Tariffs, Samsung Delay - 15 hours 34 min ago
- DailyFinance - Wall Street This Week: Earnings Abound, from Herbalife to P&G - 20 hours 34 min ago
Apple's Beats Deal Gets EU Nod
Wall Street Journal - 6 hours 40 min ago
European Union antitrust regulators have approved Apple's $3 billion acquisition of Beats Electronics, the music-streaming service and headphone maker founded by the rapper Dr. Dre and music mogul Jimmy Iovine.
- Indiatimes - MapmyIndia launches NaviMaps app for Apple's iOS - 11 hours 53 min ago
- BusinessInsider - The Highest-Paying Jobs At Apple [RANKED] (AAPL) - 3 hours 3 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Apple's iWatch Counting Down To The End Of The iPod - 5 hours 34 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Apple Looks to More Content Acquisitions - 6 hours 19 min ago
- TechCrunch - Blockchain Bitcoin Wallet Is Back In The Apple App Store - 7 hours 44 min ago
- Time Business - These 5 Facts About Apple Will Blow Your Mind - 16 hours 48 min ago
- WSJ Video - Apple Bolsters Its Content Offerings - 8 hours 16 min ago
Janet Yellen to hold meetings to plot policy outlines
Indiatimes - 6 hours 46 min ago
The next time Federal Reserve chair Janet Yellen grabs dinner at her favourite eatery, she might want to take a longer look at the cost of her entrée.
- Seeking Alpha - 3 Reasons Yellen's FOMC Remains Dovish - 10 hours 34 min ago
Goldman Denies Discrimination Claims
Wall Street Journal - 8 hours 10 min ago
Goldman Sachs denied claims it has discriminated against women in pay and promotion practices and questioned the methodology two alleged victims used to back up the claims, according to court documents.
- Zacks - Goldman Sachs (GS) to Reach MBS Settlement with FHFA - Analyst Blog - 3 hours 34 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - If Goldman Sachs Sees 75% Upside For RetailMeNot, I'm A Buyer - 9 hours 34 min ago
Lloyds bank settles with US, UK over market fixing
Indiatimes - 9 hours 4 min ago
Lloyds Banking Group is paying $369 million to US and British authorities to settle allegations it manipulated a key global interest rate.
- New York Times - DealBook: Lloyds Bank to Pay Nearly $370 Million to Resolve Libor Investigations - 10 hours 24 min ago
- BBC - Lloyds fined £218m over Libor - 13 hours 23 min ago
- Indiatimes - Lloyds bank fined £218 million over Libor rigging - 13 hours 24 min ago
- Reuters - Lloyds Banking Group to pay $370 million Libor rigging fines - 13 hours 43 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - Lloyds Fined Over Libor - 13 hours 47 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Lloyds Bit the Hand That Fed It - 6 hours 38 min ago
- The Guardian - Lloyds suspends seven people after £226m bill for rigging interest rates - 7 hours 40 min ago
- Zero Hedge - "Reprehensible" Lloyds Bank Agrees To $105 Million Wristslap For Manipulating Libor - 13 hours 29 min ago
Work for dole schemes no help in finding jobs, says expert
Sydney Morning Herald - 9 hours 34 min ago
One of Australia's most respected workplace economists says there is no evidence that ''work for the dole'' schemes actually work, accusing the federal government of expanding the program for political, rather than economic, reasons.
How a Zillow-Trulia Merger Could Change Real Estate
BusinessWeek - 9 hours 42 min ago
The $3.5 billion merger highlights how little has changed in the stubbornly old-fashioned way we buy and sell houses
- Indiatimes - Real estate website Zillow buys rival Trulia for $3.5 bn - 13 hours 17 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - Zillow to Buy Real-Estate Rival Trulia - 13 hours 40 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Real Estate Agents Lose From the Merger of Zillow and Trulia - 10 hours 49 min ago
GDP expected to grow by 5.2-5.7 pc in FY15: NCAER
Indiatimes - 10 hours 24 min ago
With manufacturing sector showing signs of nascent recovery, economic think tank NCAER expects India's GDP to expand at 5.2-5.7 per cent this fiscal.
- Reuters - Consumer spending, inventories seen lifting U.S. second-quarter GDP - 10 hours 59 min ago
- China Daily - HSBC raises China GDP growth forecast - 17 hours 4 min ago
- NY Post - The Top 10 excuses for the lack of US GDP growth - 1 hour 14 min ago
- BusinessInsider - GARY SHILLING: Q2 GDP Growth Was Closer To 1%, Not The 3% Everyone's Expecting - 9 hours 33 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Why GDP Could Trump Unemployment in Importance This Week - 11 hours 18 min ago
Productivity Commission is ignoring everything we know about babies
Sydney Morning Herald - 12 hours 19 min ago
Babies are pretty useless really. Human ones, that is. Compared with animal counterparts, they just don't rate. It takes a few weeks for our babies to even manage their own heads without assistance.
- BusinessInsider - 5 Fixes For Your Worst Productivity Mistakes - 10 hours 35 min ago
IMF says UK interest rates should stay low for now
Indiatimes - 12 hours 24 min ago
In an update of its wide-ranging annual assessment of Britain's economy, the IMF welcomed recent measures to address the risk of a bubble in the housing market.
- Mike Shedlock - IMF Warns Pound Overvalued; What About Other Currencies? - 7 hours 8 min ago
- The Guardian - Keep UK interest rate low for now, IMF tells Bank of England - 9 hours 44 min ago
Lawsuit in Germany challenges EU's 'banking union'
Indiatimes - 13 hours 29 min ago
Economists in Germany have mounted a legal challenge aimed at derailing a new set of EU financial sector rules known as the banking union
After 2 major tragedies, Malaysia Airlines to change name to boost reputation: Report
Indiatimes - 13 hours 37 min ago
After 2 major tragedies, Malaysia Airlines to change name to boost reputation: Report Malaysian flag carrier is likely to change its name as part of a radical overhaul and also seek new investors to rebuild its business fter two major tragedies.
- Indiatimes - Malaysia Airlines to change name to boost reputation - 15 hours 5 min ago
- Zacks - Is Spirit Airlines (SAVE) Poised to Beat Earnings Estimates? - Analyst Blog - 7 hours 24 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Update: United Airlines Q2 '14 Earnings - 9 hours 34 min ago
- DailyFinance - FAA Proposes $12 Million Fine Against Southwest Airlines - 11 hours 53 min ago
- CNN Video - Can Malaysia Airlines survive? - 11 hours 40 min ago
DealBook: Zillow to Acquire Trulia for $3.5 Billion
New York Times - 13 hours 58 min ago
Zillow agreed on Monday to buy Trulia for about $3.5 billion in stock, creating a giant repository of online listings for real estate and home values.
- WSJ Blogs - Zillow's Deal for Trulia Driven by Cost Cutting and Corporate Cultures - 1 hour 15 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Zillow Acquires Trulia For $3.5 Billion - 7 hours 34 min ago
- Wall Street Pit - Zillow (Z) Stock Hits All-Time High - 7 hours 56 min ago
- NY Post - Zillow buys Trulia for $3.5B - 11 hours 1 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Zillow, Trulia Merge in All-Stock Deal Worth $3.5 Billion - 13 hours 19 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Near-Record Trulia Shorts Crushed After Zillow Acquires Incomeless Company For $3.5 Billion - 13 hours 51 min ago
- TechCrunch - Zillow To Acquire Trulia In $3.5B Stock-For-Stock Deal - 13 hours 52 min ago
- DailyFinance - Zillow Agrees to Buy Rival Trulia for $3.5 Billion - 17 hours 10 min ago
- CNN Video - Zillow CEO: Why Trulia is worth it - 4 hours 20 min ago
- Reuters Video - For merged Zillow/Trulia, competition is a click away - CEO - 6 hours 20 min ago
Russia ordered to pay $50 billion over Yukos
Indiatimes - 14 hours 7 min ago
The ruling adds to tensions between Russia and the international community at a time when relations are at their lowest ebb since the end of the Cold War.
- Wall Street Journal - Russia Owes Yukos Shareholders $50 Billion, Court Rules - 17 hours 46 min ago
- New York Times - Yukos Shareholders Awarded About $50 Billion in Court Ruling - 17 hours 46 min ago
- BBC - Yukos shareholders win $50bn payout - 17 hours 59 min ago
- Reuters - Hague court to order Russia to pay $50 billion in Yukos case: paper - 21 hours 22 min ago
- Zero Hedge - The Shocking Reason Putin Isn't Worried About The $50 Billion Yukos Ruling - 7 hours 43 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - The Daily Docket: Court Rules Russia Owes Ex-Yukos Owners $50 Billion - 8 hours 19 min ago
- The Guardian - Russia ordered to pay $50bn in damages to Yukos shareholders - 13 hours 45 min ago
- FT Alphaville - Yukos — Putin’s loose lips - 15 hours 22 min ago
Will Netflix Buy the Streaming Rights to Seinfeld?
BusinessWeek - 16 hours 33 min ago
The sitcom's current syndication deals expire this fall, which puts its streaming rights into play.
Instagram and Twitter go crazy for Sydney's sunset
Sydney Morning Herald - 17 hours 2 min ago
Sydney turned on the charm on Monday night with one hell of a sunset.
- WSJ Blogs - WWE Bodyslams Pretty Little Liars on Twitter - 50 min 1 sec ago
- Seeking Alpha - Twitter: Earnings May Surprise, But Long-Term Bear Thesis Intact - 5 hours 34 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Why This Twitter Earnings Report Matters So Much - 7 hours 45 min ago
- Zacks - Will Twitter Inc. (TWTR) Disappoint this Earnings Season? - Analyst Blog - 8 hours 4 min ago
Lenovo to take on Google Glass
Indiatimes - 17 hours 25 min ago
Lenovo is developing a wearable smart glass similar to Google Glass with an external battery to be worn on the neck.
- BusinessInsider - Spain Just Passed An Insane Law Taxing Google For Linking To News (GOOG) - 5 hours 18 min ago
- Zacks - Google Reportedly Seals Twitch Acquisition Deal for $1B - Analyst Blog - 7 hours 44 min ago
ME undercuts big banks on fixed mortgage rates
Sydney Morning Herald - 20 hours 21 min ago
ME Bank will undercut the big banks' record-low five-year fixed mortgage rates.
- WSJ Blogs - Is the Private Mortgage-Bond Market Dead or Dormant? - 3 hours 58 min ago