Business News - The Last 24 HoursCBD attacker identified on Facebook
Sydney Morning Herald - 25 min 12 sec ago
A Toorak woman who was punched in the face in an unprovoked attack in Melbourne's CBD has used social media to help catch the man who allegedly bashed her.
- Sydney Morning Herald - Facebook unites Cyclone Tracy survivors - 8 hours 7 min ago
- BBC - VIDEO: Lee Rigby family on Facebook 'failure' - 18 hours 46 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Facebook Vs. Google: What's In A Click? - 9 hours 26 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Here's Everything We Know About Facebook's Links To Lee Rigby's Murder (FB) - 19 hours 1 min ago
Low expectations for oil output cut as OPEC meets
Reuters - 48 min 4 sec ago
VIENNA (Reuters) - Gulf oil producers led by Saudi Arabia are expected to press the case on Thursday for not yet cutting OPEC output, despite calls from some members of the group to bolster sagging prices by removing surplus crude from the market.
- Wall Street Journal - Asian Shares Mixed Before OPEC - 7 hours 27 min ago
- BBC - VIDEO: What is Opec? In 60 seconds - 8 hours 51 min ago
- Indiatimes - Oil slips as OPEC seen holding off production cuts - 11 hours 28 min ago
- BusinessWeek - Why Russia Said 'No Deal' to OPEC on Cutting Oil Production - 16 hours 53 min ago
- The Guardian - Oil hits four-year low ahead of OPEC meeting – business live - 58 min 54 sec ago
- BusinessInsider - OPEC set for pivotal decision on oil output amount - 7 hours 27 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - OPEC's Vienna Meeting: The Views So Far - 11 hours 32 min ago
- Zacks - OPEC's Big Gamble: Will it Agree on Oil Production Cut? - Analyst Blog - 12 hours 8 min ago
- FT Alphaville - Opec price wars, then and now - 15 hours 58 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Crude Oil Inventory Posts Gain Ahead of OPEC Meeting - 17 hours 13 min ago
- Zero Hedge - OPEC's Prisoner's Dilemma - 18 hours 59 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Much Ado About OPEC - 20 hours 21 min ago
Wal-Mart cuts dozens of China executives to cut costs
Indiatimes - 1 hour 58 min ago
Walmart reported a 0.8% fall in China sales during the quarter to Oct. 31, which it attributed to government austerity measures and deflation.
- Wall Street Journal - Wal-Mart Makes Cuts in China - 7 hours 19 min ago
- DailyFinance - Walmart Workers Start Early Protests With D.C. Sit-Down - 19 hours 50 min ago
Behind Google's Europe woes, American accents
Indiatimes - 2 hours 23 min ago
US tech firms "are all playing on a little playing field", said Bert Foer, head of Washington think-tank the American Antitrust Institute.
- BBC - Europe to vote on Google break-up - 9 hours 3 min ago
- Sydney Morning Herald - Google's shake-proof spoon helps those with tremors and Parkinson's disease with - 12 hours 29 min ago
- Indiatimes - EU parliament to debate Google break-up call - 17 hours 13 min ago
- Mike Shedlock - Google vs. Sun vs. France: Too Big, Too Powerful, Too Free - 14 hours 39 min ago
- TechCrunch - Google.com Domain Should Be Covered By Search De-Listing, Say European Regulators - 16 hours 33 min ago
- BusinessInsider - This Is How Google Actually Decides Who To Hire (GOOG) - 21 hours 17 min ago
KM Birla: 3 hurdles that stop India from being a manufacturing hub
Indiatimes - 2 hours 28 min ago
KM Birla: 3 hurdles that stop India from being a manufacturing hubManufacturing should be the next big wave for us. As articulated, we need to move the share of manufacturing in GDP from 15 to 25 %.
- Indiatimes - India asks Chinese companies to set up manufacturing units - 22 hours 7 min ago
GP-tax: a study in chaos management
Sydney Morning Herald - 2 hours 32 min ago
For the fourth time this week, the Abbott government has resorted to sophistry as it muddles around trying to disguise what many are now calling policy chaos.Liberals and Nationals that is.You would think their leadership would know better, given the low rate of success to date.
- BBC - Fall in council tax collection rates - 7 hours 2 min ago
- Indiatimes - Vodafone tax case: Attorney General Mukul Rohatgi not in favour of appeal - 16 hours 33 min ago
- Sydney Morning Herald - Leadership needed on tax fairness in Australia - 19 hours 58 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Microsoft Under New Assault For Tax Evasion - 2 hours 34 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - How a Deal on Tax Extenders Would Add to the Debt - 4 hours 46 min ago
- Zacks - Microsoft to Pay $140M Fine for Tax Evasion in China - Analyst Blog - 12 hours 58 min ago
- Wall Street Pit - Microsoft (MSFT) Hit With $140M Tax Evasion Bill in China - 21 hours 2 min ago
- BusinessInsider - The Mansion Tax Could Drive Angelia Jolie Out Of London - 23 hours 16 min ago
Latest Takata Air-Bag Rupture Took Place in a Toyota
Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 35 min ago
Toyota Motor Corp. says the recent case of a Takata Corp.-made air bag inflater exploding in Japan happened in a Toyota vehicle.
- Reuters - Toyota recalls more cars for dangerous Takata air bags - 2 hours 55 min ago
- Indiatimes - Toyota to recall cars for dangerous Takata air bags - 3 hours 48 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - Toyota to Bring Crash-Prevention Technology to Mainstream - 17 hours 9 min ago
Boeing to resolve Air India Dreamliners’ glitches
Indiatimes - 2 hours 38 min ago
Boeing to resolve Air India Dreamliners’ glitchesThe airline has so far taken delivery of 17 of the 27 ordered Dreamliners. Snags are more common on the older Dreamliners than the newer ones.
- Indiatimes - US FAA proposes requiring fix for Boeing 787 Dreamliner - 17 hours 12 min ago
Hong Kong student leader banned from Mong Kok protest site
Reuters - 2 hours 38 min ago
HONG KONG (Reuters) - Hong Kong student leader Joshua Wong was banned from a large area in Mong Kok as a condition of bail on Thursday after he was arrested during scuffles with police as they cleared one of the largest protest sites that have choked the city for weeks.
- Sydney Morning Herald - Hong Kong police officers arrested over beating of protester Ken Tsang - 11 hours 51 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Hong Kong Protest Site in Mong Kok Cleared - 19 min 59 sec ago
Thanksgiving: Turkey, parades, shopping deals
AP - 2 hours 43 min ago
NEW YORK (AP) -- Turkey, stuffing and a helium-filled Thomas the Tank Engine were on the menu as friends and families gathered across the United States to celebrate Thanksgiving....
- Reuters - East Coast storm hampers Thanksgiving travel - 7 hours 52 min ago
- AP - Thanksgiving Eve: Very busy, but not busiest - 11 hours 13 min ago
- BBC - VIDEO: Obama pardons Thanksgiving turkeys - 11 hours 23 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Obama Pardons Turkey 'Cheese' in Thanksgiving Tradition - 6 hours 41 min ago
- Zacks - Will this Thanksgiving Bring Bountiful Sales for Retailers? - Analyst Blog - 11 hours 46 min ago
- BusinessInsider - How Thanksgiving Took The Place Of An Awesome Military Celebration - 12 hours 19 min ago
- The Guardian - Opec looking for a Thanksgiving Day miracle as it faces glut of crude oil - 13 hours 56 min ago
- DailyFinance - Stress-Free Tips on How to Shop for Thanksgiving Groceries -- Savings Experiment - 17 hours 53 min ago
- The Big Picture - Don’t Shop on Thanksgiving and Other Good Advice - 18 hours 43 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - 'Hunger Games' Takes On 'Penguins Of Madagascar' And 'Horrible Bosses 2' During Busy Thanksgiving Holiday - 19 hours 25 min ago
- Reuters Video - More record highs on Thanksgiving eve - 10 hours 8 min ago
- WSJ Video - Boston Market Takes the Grand Stage on Thanksgiving - 18 hours 29 min ago
Real estate industry welcomes crackdown on illegal foreign buyers
Sydney Morning Herald - 3 hours 1 min ago
Property developers, construction and real estate industry heads have chorused broad support for measures to impose better policing and harsher penalties on the foreign investment industry.
- Sydney Morning Herald - Parliamentary inquiry recommends crackdown on foreign buyers of Australian real estate - 8 hours 25 min ago
- Zacks - Potential Real Estate Mutual Funds to Add to Your Portfolio - Mutual Fund Commentary - 11 hours 19 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Xinyuan Real Estate Buyback Is A Short-Term Catalyst - 16 hours 14 min ago
Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen's 'optimal' model calls for rate hike this year
Indiatimes - 3 hours 16 min ago
Janet Yellen has cautioned that the economic models built for policymakers amount to mere guideposts in a complicated decision-making process.
- Sydney Morning Herald - Yellen's 'optimal' model calls for Fed rate hike this year - in theory - 10 hours 2 min ago
Uber CEO must turn over emails in gratuity lawsuit: US judge
Indiatimes - 3 hours 29 min ago
Uber Chief Executive Travis Kalanick must disclose some of his emails to plaintiff lawyers in a lawsuit accusing the car service of misleading customers about how it shares gratuities with drivers, a US judge said.
- Indiatimes - Colombians protest ban on ride-share company Uber - 3 hours 58 min ago
- New York Times - Disruptions: Uber, Facebook and Others Bedeviled by Moral Issues - 14 hours 11 min ago
- Sydney Morning Herald - Uber rant from Cabcharge's new chairman - 19 hours 58 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Uber's Android App May Be Collecting An Alarming Amount Of Your Personal Data - 6 hours 26 min ago
- Time Business - Uber Reportedly Valued at $40 Billion by Investors - 17 hours 50 min ago
India a bright-spot in Asia-Pacific; govt's reform pace up: S&P
Indiatimes - 4 hours 27 min ago
India a bright-spot in Asia-Pacific; govt's reform pace up: S&P In the more trade-dependent economies, the hoped-for pick-up in external demand is yet to materialize and 2014 looks like another sub-par year.
- Wall Street Journal - India GDP Growth Likely Slowed Last Quarter - 19 hours 3 min ago
Amazon cuts Fire phone price to ignite sales
Indiatimes - 7 hours 55 min ago
Fire phones hit the market mid-year at a price of $649 each without contracts, or $200 with multi-year telecom service deals.
- WSJ Blogs - Amazon Slashes the Price of an Unlocked Fire Phone - 10 hours 11 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Amazon Has Holiday Discounts On Its Kindles, TV Streaming Stick, And Smartphone (AMZN) - 15 hours 35 min ago
- TechCrunch - Canopy Brings A Curated Amazon Shopping Experience To The iPhone - 18 hours 9 min ago
RBI moves to curb novel bond structure
Indiatimes - 8 hours 57 min ago
Indian companies have been rushing to tap international bond markets in recent months, taking advantage of surging overseas appetite for Indian risk.
- Sydney Morning Herald - Aust bonds firmer after weak US data - 11 hours 23 min ago
Black Friday: Boxing day sales come early?
BBC - 8 hours 58 min ago
Boxing day sales come early to the UK?
- BusinessWeek - Five Ways to Measure Black Friday Strikes at Wal-Mart - 16 hours 1 min ago
- AP - Black Friday gun buys test background check system - 22 hours 43 min ago
- The Guardian - Black Friday: bargains galore or shopping hell? - 1 hour 9 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Learning About Black Friday From Google Trends - 2 hours 44 min ago
- NY Post - Thursday the new Black Friday for deal-seekers - 3 hours 11 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - A Black Friday Gameplan to Avoid Pitfalls - 4 hours 50 min ago
- Time Business - How a Target Store Gets Ready for Black Friday - 6 hours 1 min ago
- Mike Shedlock - Thanksgiving Travel Nightmare: Over 700 Flights Canceled, Major Storms; Black Friday Ice; Please Drive Safely - 9 hours 34 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Stocks Close At Recordest Highs Ensuring 'Confident' Black Friday, Despite Macro Massacre - 12 hours 9 min ago
- Zacks - GameStop (GME) Announces Eye-Popping Black Friday Deals - Analyst Blog - 15 hours 13 min ago
- DailyFinance - What to Buy on Black Friday -- Savings Experiment - 17 hours 43 min ago
- WSJ Video - Black Friday Sales Data Mislead Investors - 17 hours 38 min ago
BoQ cautions against housing intervention
Sydney Morning Herald - 9 hours 18 sec ago
Bank of Queensland chairman Roger Davis says macroprudential changes aimed at the Sydney and Melbourne markets could have unintended consequences.
- Indiatimes - EPFO has no plan to launch housing scheme for its members: Govt - 22 hours 44 min ago
- The Guardian - Now is not a good time for the housing construction boom to end - 8 hours 24 min ago
- Zacks - Housing ETFs Rising on Upbeat Numbers: Time to Buy? - ETF News And Commentary - 16 hours 13 min ago
- Zero Hedge - California Housing Market Cracks in Two, Top End Goes Crazy - 17 hours 6 min ago
Wall St: S&P 500 ends at record high on tech boost
Indiatimes - 11 hours 11 min ago
HP, Apple and chipmakers were among the largest gainers, with the PHLX semiconductor index closing up 2.1% to its highest since June 2001.
- Indiatimes - Wall Street flat, near records after tepid data - 16 hours 10 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Homes Sales Reports Miss Wall Street Estimates - 4 hours 6 min ago
- BusinessInsider - BOB LUTZ: Wall Street Analysts Don't Understand The Car Business - 11 hours 34 min ago
- Zacks - New Data Runs Counter - Ahead of Wall Street - 17 hours 45 min ago
Fed Poised to Tailor Rules for Insurance Firms
Wall Street Journal - 11 hours 49 min ago
The Federal Reserve’s proposed rules for General Electric Co.’s GE Capital unit indicate the Fed is willing to tailor regulations for “systemically important” nonbank financial firms.
- Seeking Alpha - Wages And The Federal Reserve: What To Plan For Next - 20 hours 34 min ago
WTO postpones trade deal by a day after objection
Indiatimes - 13 hours 19 min ago
WTO postpones trade deal by a day after objectionThe WTO has lurched from one disappointment to another over the past decade as it tries to find a balanced trade deal for all its members.
- Indiatimes - WTO's General Council to meet tomorrow in Geneva - 16 hours 44 min ago
- Reuters - WTO postpones trade deal by a day after last-minute objection - 19 hours 21 min ago
Its grip on oil weakening, OPEC is split on prices
Sydney Morning Herald - 13 hours 58 min ago
As oil prices continue to plummet, the once-dominant international cartel of producers is losing its sway over the global energy markets. OPEC is caught in a swirl of forces that are depressing prices and its muscle, namely its control over one-third of the world's oil production, is not enough to f ...
- BBC - Oil price falls ahead of Opec meeting - 16 hours 46 min ago
- Indiatimes - Russia says will keep oil output steady in 2015 - 20 hours 40 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Analyst Trims Crude Oil Price, E&P Firms’ EPS Estimates - 15 hours 18 min ago
- Zero Hedge - US "Secret" Deal With Saudis Backfires After Oil Minister Says US Should Cut First - 19 hours 52 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Cutting Oil Prices Will Not Solve OPEC's Problems - 22 hours 41 min ago
- CNN Video - OPEC not ready to reverse oil price slide - 22 hours 14 min ago
U.S. Consumer Spending Slows
Wall Street Journal - 15 hours 59 min ago
U.S. consumer spending was muted and business investment weak in October, suggesting a mild slowdown in the last quarter of the year following two quarters of robust economic growth.
- Indiatimes - US consumer, business spending data point to slowing growth - 16 hours 35 min ago
- Reuters - U.S. consumer, business spending data point to slowing growth - 18 hours 50 min ago
- New York Times - U.S. Consumer and Business Spending Data Point to Slowing Growth - 18 hours 51 min ago
- Wall Street Journal - U.S. Consumer Spending Up 0.2% in October - 19 hours 23 min ago
- BusinessInsider - US consumer spending picks up - 18 hours 34 min ago
- DailyFinance - U.S. Consumer, Business Spending Point to Slowing Growth - 22 hours 11 min ago
Monte Carlo Fashions to raise around Rs 350 cr through IPO
Indiatimes - 17 hours 52 min ago
The company is making an IPO of 54,33,016 equity shares of face value of Rs 10 each for cash at a price band of Rs 630 to Rs 645 per equity share.
- Indiatimes - Manpasand Beverages seeks Sebi's nod for Rs 400 cr IPO - 18 hours 23 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Why I Just Sold My Zoe's Kitchen Shares After Being Long Since The IPO - 20 hours 15 sec ago
U.S. Jobless Claims Rise To 313,000
Wall Street Journal - 19 hours 18 min ago
The number of Americans seeking first-time jobless benefits leapt last week but remained at a level suggesting steady job growth.
- Indiatimes - US jobless claims rise above 300,000 last week - 19 hours 23 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Weekly Jobless Claims Come Over the Top of Estimates - 18 hours 19 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Initial Jobless Claims Spikes Above 300k To 3-Month Highs, Biggest Miss In 11 Months - 19 hours 36 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Initial Jobless Claims Jump - 20 hours 6 min ago
Juncker unveils giant investment plan to 'kickstart' Europe
Indiatimes - 19 hours 25 min ago
"Europe needs a kickstart and today the commission is providing the jump cable," Juncker told the European Parliament in Strasbourg, France.
- Reuters - Juncker unveils investment plan to kick-start EU growth - 22 hours 19 min ago
- The Guardian - EU parliament gets behind Juncker’s €315bn investment plan - 17 hours 24 min ago
DealBook: Mt. Gox Trustee Taps U.S. Bitcoin Exchange in Repaying Creditors
New York Times - 20 hours 36 min ago
Kraken, based in California, will work with the bankruptcy trustee to return about 200,000 Bitcoin to the collapsed Japanese exchange’s 127,000 creditors.
- Indiatimes - Bitcoin transactions may not be anonymous: Study - 22 hours 8 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Kraken Bitcoin Operator to Help Liquidate Mt. Gox - 22 hours 42 min ago
BT shares rise as EE confirms talks
BBC - 20 hours 44 min ago
The FTSE 100 rises, with BT shares higher after the owners of the EE mobile phone network confirm they are in talks over selling the business to the UK firm.
- New York Times - DealBook: BT Confirms Talks to Acquire EE - 21 hours 6 min ago
- The Guardian - EE’s owners confirm talks to sell mobile network operator to BT - 16 hours 26 min ago
- Reuters Video - Breakingviews: BT back to the future - 22 hours 13 min ago
July-September GDP likely slowed to 5.1%
Indiatimes - 22 hours 7 min ago
If the data, to be released on Friday, shows GDP growth below the 5 per cent forecast, it could pile even more pressure on the RBI to cut rates the following week.
- Indiatimes - UK business investment suffers surprise drop in Q3, GDP unrevised - 23 hours 2 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - VTI: Stocks Get A Great Reason To Run Higher In GDP Revision - 16 hours 17 min ago
- The Guardian - GDP: what the economists say - 18 hours 37 min ago
- Zero Hedge - The Mystery Of Surging Q3 GDP Explained And Why Americans Are Suddenly $80 Billion "Poorer" - 18 hours 39 min ago
- BusinessInsider - The UK's Solid GDP Growth Just Got Confirmed - 23 hours 40 min ago
Goldman, BASF, HSBC accused of metals price fixing: US lawsuit
Indiatimes - 22 hours 50 min ago
The plaintiff, Modern Settings LLC, a Florida-based maker of jewelry and police badges, claimed metals purchasers lost millions of dollars.
- Reuters - Goldman, BASF, HSBC accused of metals price fixing: U.S. lawsuit - 22 hours 51 min ago
- Zacks - Goldman, HSBC Sued Over Metals Price Fixing Charges - Analyst Blog - 11 hours 58 min ago